Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #295
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The fan thing is NBD, although strange at first. Flipping the badge is a PIA, but then if it was easy anybody could do it. Thanks for providing an alternative. Heading to Atco tonight. What I am looking for is not so much the ET but rather the MPH. In the air tonight I expect 112 mph+- In good air it is as high as 117, but usually around 116. Of course if I get a good hook the ET will tell the story, the MPH not so much. In air like tonight my best is high 12.4s. I am learning how to best launch on NT555Rs and not doing any better than street tires so far.

Not sure if my butt is lying to me but the car feels stronger in the higher gears. The sound is great.
I used to run the NT555s on my 98 Z28. Heat them up! I made it to 10.6@129 on them.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #296
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
I installed my CAI few days ago sounds decent but I feel like my car lost lower end power. I step on the gas and the car doesn't start pulling hard until its at 4000 rpm+. Any advise ??
Illmaticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:29 AM   #297
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticz View Post
I installed my CAI few days ago sounds decent but I feel like my car lost lower end power. I step on the gas and the car doesn't start pulling hard until its at 4000 rpm+. Any advise ??
Recheck all your connections, make sure everything is seated properly and nice and tight. If it all checks out, pull the MAS and check it's clean. If it isn't, get some MAS cleaner (even Walmart should have it) and freshen it up, reinstall and try again.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #298
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
I used to run the NT555s on my 98 Z28. Heat them up! I made it to 10.6@129 on them.
Woah! That was one fast LS1! I had a '98 Z28 too an M6, but that was when the kids were young. I left it pretty much stock.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:59 AM   #299
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I did go to Atco last night. But due to an hour long oil spill cleanup and the huge number of Gambler cars I got in only 2 runs. With only 2 datapoints it is hard to reach a conclusion. Both of my 60's stunk with a 2.0 and a 2.2. But in either case I did not spin at the line so the MPH numbers should be the yardstick. Of course we want to go faster, but with an M6 that is all up to the driver. More power gives the driver more to work with but with amateur drivers like me, we cannot consistantly make use of that power. The answer? More seat time.

Run 1: 13/Sept/2016 6:50 PM 12.757@113.97 DA=(+)1,216
Run 2: 13/Sept/2016 8:54 PM 12.519@114.83 DA=(+)665

I dug up very similar runs from my T&T thread.

Run 4: 15/Apr/2016 6:41 PM 12.732@114.96 DA=(-)411
Run 5: 15/Apr/2016 8:47 PM 12.520@115.45 DA=(-)1,048
Run 6: 20/May/2016 9:19 PM 12.479@114.15 DA=(+)31
Run 7: 17/JUn/2016 9:48 PM 12.405@114.18 DA=(+)191

I am not quite sure what to make of this but I think I have picked up maybe .33 of a MPH considering the DA #s comparing run #2 to #7. Other comparisons also show some improvement.

The numbers above show you how DA directly relates to speed in the 1/4. However there are other variables such as weight which is affected by how much gas is in the tank. Another variable is my car feels a bit stronger now at 6,000 miles than it did at 1,000. And there is the possible variation of shift points. I am usuing the HUD which is not nearly as good as a shift light.

You will have to draw your own conclusion. But you can be sure the Rotofab CAI did not reduce power. I am very happy with my Rotofab CAI. Enjoying the new sound and the removal of the sound tube. And now people see the pretty CAI in the staging lanes and stop to talk about the car and my mods.

Last edited by Fraxum; 09-16-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #300
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
I also did not unhook my battery during the Roto-Fab intake install and have had no issues right after or any other time with my fan. Glad to see all the input on the Roto-Fab intake and to see everyone likes it after installing it. I love the look and fitment of mine. The last 2 shows I have went to after installing mine it has been 1 of the most talked about upgrades people want to know about and to hear my opinion on it. Great job Roto-Fab!!! Thanks

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #301
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
I also did not unhook my battery during the Roto-Fab intake install and have had no issues right after or any other time with my fan. Glad to see all the input on the Roto-Fab intake and to see everyone likes it after installing it. I love the look and fitment of mine. The last 2 shows I have went to after installing mine it has been 1 of the most talked about upgrades people want to know about and to hear my opinion on it. Great job Roto-Fab!!! Thanks
We too are thankful for all the input and opinions on this system! A helpful and constructive forum community allows us gather another angle on what we did well, and what we could improve on.

Thanks again everyone!
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:02 PM   #302
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
I didn't disconnect the battery either. No problems with installation. No issues after install. Love the sound and look. My wife even commented on how good it looked (she got it for me as a birthday present). And the sound tube delete is great. Piped in sound is totally unnecessary in these cars. Great job Roto-Fab.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:24 PM   #303
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
I didn't disconnect the battery either. No problems with installation. No issues after install. Love the sound and look. My wife even commented on how good it looked (she got it for me as a birthday present). And the sound tube delete is great. Piped in sound is totally unnecessary in these cars. Great job Roto-Fab.
Thanks Hyper16!

Michael
Old 09-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #304
Roto-fab 1

We have shared this information on another thread, but I feel it is valuable to anyone considering a CAI for their Camaro:

First, thank you Davenport Motorsports for sharing dyno results from one of your Magnuson Heartbeat builds. We've been anxious to see how our huge air box and filter combination performs with higher air demands. This particular 2016 Camaro SS is equipped with the supercharger and headers along with a stock bottom end. The comparison on the graph shows the performance with the stock intake, then the addition of the Roto-fab intake. Of course, the car was tuned to each system respectively.
The Roto-fab system picked up 40 HP over stock! The truly impressive thing about the performance of this system is it isn’t just great peak gains. As you can see, the gains are very solid across the entire RPM range. Also, take a look at how well power and torque carry out at the higher RPMs. Needless to say, we are extremely pleased with the results! In comparison to most mods, the addition of the Roto-fab system to this supercharger package is a huge bang for the buck! Our systems typically show huge gains when air demands are high and this application is no exception.
Testing was done using the 2016 Camaro SS system in conjunction with the Magnuson supplied inlet elbow. For optimum alignment, we do suggest rotating the MAF housing slightly. We are creating instructions specifically for this.

Dyno sheet, Roto-fab CAI vs. Stock intake

5th gen ZL1, Roto-fab CAI. 6th Gen SS, Heartbeat supercharger, Roto-fab CAI

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and feedback!
Michael
Old 09-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #305
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Not unexpected results.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #306
shrubby

Drives: 16' Black³ / 18' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We have shared this information on another thread, but I feel it is valuable to anyone considering a CAI for their Camaro:

First, thank you Davenport Motorsports for sharing dyno results from one of your Magnuson Heartbeat builds. We've been anxious to see how our huge air box and filter combination performs with higher air demands. This particular 2016 Camaro SS is equipped with the supercharger and headers along with a stock bottom end. The comparison on the graph shows the performance with the stock intake, then the addition of the Roto-fab intake. Of course, the car was tuned to each system respectively.
The Roto-fab system picked up 40 HP over stock! The truly impressive thing about the performance of this system is it isn’t just great peak gains. As you can see, the gains are very solid across the entire RPM range. Also, take a look at how well power and torque carry out at the higher RPMs. Needless to say, we are extremely pleased with the results! In comparison to most mods, the addition of the Roto-fab system to this supercharger package is a huge bang for the buck! Our systems typically show huge gains when air demands are high and this application is no exception.
Testing was done using the 2016 Camaro SS system in conjunction with the Magnuson supplied inlet elbow. For optimum alignment, we do suggest rotating the MAF housing slightly. We are creating instructions specifically for this.

5th gen ZL1, Roto-fab CAI. 6th Gen SS, Heartbeat supercharger, Roto-fab CAI

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and feedback!
Michael
All that was done to get these numbers in addition to the Maggie were headers and a tune?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #307
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubby View Post
All that was done to get these numbers in addition to the Maggie were headers and a tune?
Maggie, headers, high flow cats, Roto-fab CAI and tune.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:50 AM   #308
shrubby

Drives: 16' Black³ / 18' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Maggie, headers, high flow cats, Roto-fab CAI and tune.
I hope I get similar results. I'm doing just about the same thing only deleting all the cats for off road use. I pick the car up Saturday and already the suspense is killing me.