The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #29
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Trade up IMO man, nice choice being responsible especially for the family. Have many friends with Mercs and never had any big problems that weren't handled properly one way or another. This is from friends with base C class up to SLR McLaren so they are all treated properly, C63 is gunna be the next ride for me I think. As for people complaining about problems with mercs, we've had the camaro not even a year now and its been in 4 times for big things and multiple dealerships, fighting me every time to fix obvious problems, on a car with under 6k miles. Its all in the eye of the beholder, my SRT8 jeep is rolling 100k almost and never had any big problems, and its had a hard life, but there are always thread up on the jeep forum about people complaining things breaking. Enjoy your merc and make sure you have a solid dealership, thats the most important thing in the whole situation, the one thats close around here bends over backward to help clients, often eating costs. If you are happy with your choice thats all that matters man!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
Juniorv130

Drives: 2022 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
Trade up IMO man, nice choice being responsible especially for the family. Have many friends with Mercs and never had any big problems that weren't handled properly one way or another. This is from friends with base C class up to SLR McLaren so they are all treated properly, C63 is gunna be the next ride for me I think. As for people complaining about problems with mercs, we've had the camaro not even a year now and its been in 4 times for big things and multiple dealerships, fighting me every time to fix obvious problems, on a car with under 6k miles. Its all in the eye of the beholder, my SRT8 jeep is rolling 100k almost and never had any big problems, and its had a hard life, but there are always thread up on the jeep forum about people complaining things breaking. Enjoy your merc and make sure you have a solid dealership, thats the most important thing in the whole situation, the one thats close around here bends over backward to help clients, often eating costs. If you are happy with your choice thats all that matters man!
Thanks!!! How about that SRT! I had one for a bit, absolute animal. I'll have another one someday.

Long and short of it all is this: They're all machines. If you're not proactive, they break. Period.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #31
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorv130 View Post
Thanks!!! How about that SRT! I had one for a bit, absolute animal. I'll have another one someday.

Long and short of it all is this: They're all machines. If you're not proactive, they break. Period.
Man the SRT is a blast, she's about to get a maggie too and really be a monster, can't wait for that. If the new gen were more aggressive I'd probably trade up to one but gotta wait and see what they do with the hellcat platform for a few years with the other SRT lineup.

And really you are right, but I will admit the germans I have seen are more touchy than most if you miss any maintenance, but as long as that is proactive like you said it should be no problem and a nice ride.

With the release of the new S-class, I really think Ill have that when I'm older, but at 23 thats still a bit out. Got a chance to ride in a clients and it was on another level.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Chevy SS FTW ...
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #33
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That's not nearly as bad as the guy that traded his ZL1 for a Dodge Nitro.
lol
Old 12-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #34
Juniorv130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Chevy SS FTW ...
If I lived somewhere without snow, you know it!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #35
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I think you need to read the :can't believe how good my car handles in the snow thread. You are not wanting to damage it treating it like a premadona, and going for what you think is more of a winter friendly and family friendly car.....Oh but it has to a Mercedes? Who you trying to impress? ANd the depreciation has run its course and now you want to get rid of it? Sorry but I am going to go out and drive my car carefully on its stock Pirellis now in the ten degree weather on snow and ice as I have been doing driving carefully. Oh but gee I guess at my old age I should have had wrecked in the cold weather long ago driving one legged dogs out in the snow. Being young on here many seem to try to justify their choices, your choice is yours to make but a Mercedes? Oh well the yuppies around you will go oh nice car.....
Old 12-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #36
Juniorv130

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I think you need to read the :can't believe how good my car handles in the snow thread. You are not wanting to damage it treating it like a premadona, and going for what you think is more of a winter friendly and family friendly car.....Oh but it has to a Mercedes? Who you trying to impress? ANd the depreciation has run its course and now you want to get rid of it? Sorry but I am going to go out and drive my car carefully on its stock Pirellis now in the ten degree weather on snow and ice as I have been doing driving carefully. Oh but gee I guess at my old age I should have had wrecked in the cold weather long ago driving one legged dogs out in the snow. Being young on here many seem to try to justify their choices, your choice is yours to make but a Mercedes? Oh well the yuppies around you will go oh nice car.....
No, it doesn't have to be a mercedes, but I am in the position to get the one I want for a good deal. Last time I checked I wasn't asking for judgment to be passed. I was just looking for honest opinions from people who wouldn't immediately judge. Personally, it's a good family car. Yeah, I could easily go for an impala or a camry or an accord, but I need to ENJOY what I drive. So what if I keep my SS penned up in the shitty weather, that's why it's as nice as it is. The story is that I have three cars, we need two that we can both drive. The only use my Camaro got for the last 5 months was back and forth to work a few times. Yeah, it was a fun trip, but next year will be more of the same.
The EClass has been a favorite of mine for a few years, and I have the chance to get into one affordably. That's all
Old 12-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #37
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
No, it doesn't have to be a mercedes, but I am in the position to get the one I want for a good deal. Last time I checked I wasn't asking for judgment to be passed. I was just looking for honest opinions from people who wouldn't immediately judge. Personally, it's a good family car. Yeah, I could easily go for an impala or a camry or an accord, but I need to ENJOY what I drive. So what if I keep my SS penned up in the shitty weather, that's why it's as nice as it is. The story is that I have three cars, we need two that we can both drive. The only use my Camaro got for the last 5 months was back and forth to work a few times. Yeah, it was a fun trip, but next year will be more of the same.
The EClass has been a favorite of mine for a few years, and I have the chance to get into one affordably. That's all
Well said. Don't let people sway your decision. The E550 is a beautiful machine built with precision and accuracy. They are crafted with care. If they were as bad as what half the people on here state, there wouldn't be such a market for them in the Mercedes line up. It's an awesome family sedan and you did good picking that one. Best of luck to you! Send pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk .
Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #38
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
RJT is a nice one too
Old 12-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #39
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
The E550 is an awesome car, still has 2.5yrs of warranty, and is a sensible family sedan. He had a camaro that was a garage queen for most of the year, didn't have a warranty anymore, and was not logical to own at all. The dude is getting what he wants and will more than likely be happy with it. Quit hating....
Old 12-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #40
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Every culture needs guinea pigs to try new things. I personally wouldn't buy a Mercedes anything, but it's your money. Spend it how you like.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 12-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #41
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Trading my 2010 2SS/RS M6, RJT today for a 2011 E550 4Matic.
Quote:
See, I hear 10 positive stories for every negative. It's not a V12 SL600. its a V6 E350.
so are you getting the 550 or the 350? just curious
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #42
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
The E class is a great car IMO. The story about the SL600 is why anyone smart would stay away from the V12 unless they have cash to burn. Horrible resale value. Personally the only ones I would buy are the C, E, and SLK. Strongest models IMO.

Regardless, congrats on your purchase.
Closed Thread