Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #29
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
Man, side by side, the new camaro looks so much muscular and leaner this go around. The early pics don't do this car justice. Can't wait for them to start popping up on dealer lots!
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #30
Enders

Drives: 2015 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I like the rear of the new mustang, Its the catfish ford fusion look that I cant stand. Love the roush from behind
I agree, I like the rear of the Mustang more than the new Camaro. I will say that from personal experience it's kind of a pain to clean though (so many little nooks and crannies).

I actually like the front, but that may be because I was one of the few people that liked the Ford Evos concept car. I am looking forward to them making it more aggressive for the 2018 redesign though; that Camaro just looks mean in comparison!

Enders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #31
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I already said it on the other thread that had these pics earlier, but I really think the Mustang solidly beats the Camaro out when it comes to a head-on view of the back of the car. The Camaro SS in stock form just has way too much visual distraction with its spoiler, random badge placement, and lamps that have a generic shape yet are somehow still manage to look a little over-stylized. The SS, from the rear, looks like a really cheap aftermarket job circa the late 90's. I also think the Camaro has a lot of really awkward angles when the rear quarter panel is seen from behind, particularly the C pillar design. From some perspectives, it looks like a flat piece of metal is jutting upward at an awkward angle in defiance of the rest of the car's body lines. The 5th Gen had a simpler C pillar that looked totally fine.

I think the Camaro has a great design in front, although I actually prefer the LT over the SS. A 2016 LT with ground effects and a dovetail is, IMO, the most visually appealing combination of options for the Camaro (although that's obviously not factoring in the weaker power train, hence why I said *visual*.) An SS with an LT's front and rear bumper covers would be nice.

Last edited by RenegadeXR; 10-05-2015 at 07:55 PM.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #32
Obsessed 17

Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
Mustang front end = car with down syndrome.
Obsessed 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #33
RenegadeXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed 17 View Post
Mustang front end = car with down syndrome.
Way to make us look good. That will teach Mustang owners. Comparing their cars to people with disabilities. Nice.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #34
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I personally think the 6th gen Camaro is a better looking car over the S550. My perspective lends me to think the view from the rear speaks muscle, power and style more so than the S550 and the 5th Gen Camaro. The 6th gen is kick ass over the 5th Gen in so many ways, and I'm a 5th gen owner.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 PM   #35
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehead2000 View Post
Man, side by side, the new camaro looks so much muscular and leaner this go around. The early pics don't do this car justice. Can't wait for them to start popping up on dealer lots!
This picture capture that look
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #36
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
This picture capture that look
Wow that SS with those machined split spokes looks amazing.

When I first saw the new mustang on the street I immediately thought "I could see myself driving that." I went to the ford website and priced one out. Thankfully, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and eventually saw the camaro announcements!

The camaro is a lot better looking. And the rear end (prefer the LT RS) still looks better than the mustang. I don't like the big panel that says mustang. Why is a completely separate panel needed. It's too busy and is actually the part of the car that I dislike. The mustang rear end is also angled forward which is very strange IMHO. And, the exhaust cutouts looks better on the camaro.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #37
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Wow that SS with those machined split spokes looks amazing.

When I first saw the new mustang on the street I immediately thought "I could see myself driving that." I went to the ford website and priced one out. Thankfully, I wasn't ready to pull the trigger and eventually saw the camaro announcements!

The camaro is a lot better looking. And the rear end (prefer the LT RS) still looks better than the mustang. I don't like the big panel that says mustang. Why is a completely separate panel needed. It's too busy and is actually the part of the car that I dislike. The mustang rear end is also angled forward which is very strange IMHO. And, the exhaust cutouts looks better on the camaro.
I'm actually surprised that nobody has mentioned this before. Your observation is spot-on...
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #38
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
I hate to admit it but these pictures are the first time I've seen a picture of the 6th generation and thought it *really* looked good. All the other pictures of it made me feel like I was trying my darndest to like it, but it actually looks very good in these images.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #39
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Ok I just ventured over to the that other forum. Seeing how they are being so biased I'll go ahead and speak my mind.

The mustang is an attractive design but, it has a serious bubble butt. It is not a "sexy" ass. The designers spent too many nights watching Nicky Minaj videos. Seriously, how have they brainwashed each other into thinking the back of the mustang looks good? It's a hot mess of disjointed lines and angles.

I will admit that the camaro rear isn't perfect.... But, it's far less "busy". The camaro rear end at least holds a vertical plane. And the camaro rear end is a far more simple and less disjointed design. 6 tail lights for the mustang vs 2 for the camaro. Rear diffuser is very pronounced and unattractive on the mustang yet basically flat on the camaro. Ugly extra panel that holds the taillights on the mustang.

Basically the mustang guys are smoking something. Their rear end does not look good and is the biggest turn off of the new mustang!

Well, i could start going off on the catfish mouth and the extra set of yellow turn signal lights on the front end. But, the camaro looks so much better from the front end that I don't even need to go there.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 10-06-2015 at 01:30 AM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #40
RenegadeXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
I will admit that the camaro rear isn't perfect.... But, it's far less "busy".
Mustang rear features:
- Single Mustang emblem, no Ford logo
- Tri-bar tail lamps
- Rear reflectors
- Diffuser
- Subtle decklid spoiler

Camaro rear fearures:
- Chevy bowtie emblem
- SS / RS emblem
- Dual tail lamps
- Rear reflectors
- Diffuser
- Third break light
- Prominent, raised stanchion spoiler

The Camaro is less busy? I think the Camaro is a lot more busy. I'm not a Mustang fan, just being realistic that the 6th Gen Camaro has a distracting and ugly rear.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:31 AM   #41
jonny5cam

Drives: IOM SS/RS LS3/6sp. man.
The mustang looks like it's got a hair lip.
jonny5cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:58 AM   #42
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Not even close. If the two cars were compared to TV characters, the Camaro would be the Fonz and the Mustang would be Ralph Malph.
That is called an opinion you have yours, and I have mine. On something as subjective as looks don't try to tell me mine is wrong.

That's like comparing super models, yeah their might be one a ton of people think is insanely hot, but you don't doesn't make those people wrong
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote