The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #29
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Did you read, anything, that I typed?

I clearly said, I'm NOT suggesting a Little Tykes (children's plastic toys) interior like on my 99 (ala 2000s minivan) on the new cars.

New Fords have pretty nice interiors, so I'm not even sure what you're ranting about.

Also, nobody suggested adding microfiber will make the car "weight" 5000 pounds. Adding 34 way adjustable power seats, infotainment centers, and other tech equipment will however increase the "weight" (proper usage here) of a vehicle, which is fine, just don't make all the bull crap standard equipment.
No, he doesn't. Look at his posts. All he does is troll and flame. He will be suspended soon if people reported him.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #30
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
come this summer I wont have this shitty cheap interior because it will all be stripped and did I ever mention Camaro had a good interior?
Aren't you a joy!
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #31
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
subaru wannabe with a typical cheap ford interior, meh plenty of these types of cars in europe nothing exciting here.
We are in the US, so pretty exciting here!

Quote:
I think the new Ford GT interior is in a league of its own
I just think in the year 2015 manufacturers (chevy included) should start making interiors a bit more special in the sporty cars.
It's still a focus, still a Ford, still a car aimed at regular middle class America. If you want an interior that wipes your butt, combs your hair, and tells you how striking you look, buy one of those high end European cars, since Europe is obviously on your radar.

Quote:
yes because driving a 300+ horsepower car with an interior of a early 2000's minivan is so much fun is it too much to ask for different colored interior overall? im sure that leather and plastic dye is so expensive! god forbid microfiber ever touches anything inside a vehicle the car will weight extra 5000lbs and cost extra 10 thousand dollars. How about add less 'junk' and just design the interior better. Saving money on not having a nice interior is a ****ing myth that the car manufacturers have been getting away with way too long.

come this summer I wont have this shitty cheap interior because it will all be stripped and did I ever mention Camaro had a good interior?
My parents had an early 2000 minivan in early 2000. It was pretty nice at the time, I see no similarities between it and modern cars though...

So you complain about interior, but then claim your stripping yours? Makes sense...
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #32
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1423064803
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #33
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
Exactly. The ST is already about 30k.
actually the base MSRP of a Focus ST is 24,370 or 25,195 with destination.

With option group ST3 (402A) it starts at 29,875 which is essentially fully loaded
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Not to me... it would help make the interior more unique and apart from any other regular Foci. But I do know what you mean, my '12 Camaro SS had that shared steering wheel...
Hated the 1st steering wheel in the Camaro. Love my new suede ZL1 steering wheel.....SO much nicer. This wheel? Not that bad...but adding some flare to it might make the overall interior look nicer. Add suede...two tone...kinda thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo0006 View Post
Ken Block drives the new 2016 Ford Focus RS
from the article:
If you're a carmaker that has a good relationship with Ken Block, and then you decide to bring out a 320-horsepower, all-wheel-drive version of one of your hatchbacks, the only obvious choice is to have Mr. Block take it out and thrash it around the inside of the factory where the beast is built.

10 pictures and videos in the gallery

The only problem with this? All I can think about is Ken driving that all wheel drive Mustang tearing ass through the streets and all I can think is...."well, this car is kinda cool and it moves, but it ain't nothing like that 800hp AWD stang!!!" Still nice, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Will push $40,000............and likely worth it. Jealous.......wish GM would do this. Say would because I know they could. This car takes more courage than anything in Ford's lineup.
And I'm GRATEFUL that they did. GM .... sheesh.... why wouldn't they follow suit? Are they going to watch and see how it sells? GM could make a killer AWD and pick up so many sales (I'd think). You know what I'd love? For my tire spinning ZL1 to be AWD. Holy shitballs.....lol I love kicking out the back, but what about when I just WANT to take off fast as hell??? Only time I can really do that is on dry and warm concrete. This little 320hp AWD is gonna MOVE.. Great in wet weather and great for those up north in colder climates....snow, rain, etc.
Quote:
subaru wannabe with a typical cheap ford interior, meh plenty of these types of cars in europe nothing exciting here.
BUT....the fact that one of our AMERICAN manufacturers is making it is HUGE. Usually with one starting, another will follow....and with that, the follower always wants to outdo the other. So, if GM does step up to the plate, expect the same if not a little more HP and hopefully a little more flare to the interior!
Quote:
I think the new Ford GT interior is in a league of its own
I just think in the year 2015 manufacturers (chevy included) should start making interiors a bit more special in the sporty cars.
Exactly. Don't dumb down the interior of the car saying it's the performance one should look for, expect, and enjoy.

One of the main reasons I stepped up and spent more was because of all the extras I got with the ZL1 (I know...sorry to be referencing this again). But going from a plain jane SS with an old school looking dash to the new and improved dash with suede, HUD, LCD screen, NAV, ALL of that made every penny spent worthwhile.

If GM stepped up and built an AWD (which again, as Number 3 said, GM is very capable of doing), they should focus on the entire package. Dash, DRIVER DISPLAY!!!, push button start (which should be in every freaking vehicle by now), and overall uniqueness of the interior should be a MAJOR factor in building the car. WE SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT and WANT to see bad ass.....not just drive it!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #35
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Hopefully GM won't just "wait and see" on this segment like they have with Raptor. I'm saying this as a Ford owner because as much as I prefer the oval, I also much prefer domestic over imports and if GM were to make a competitive model it would only breed a better product for both companies.

Although lack of a direct Raptor competitor hasn't held back it's continued advancement. So who knows how these businesses plan things.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #36
stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Hopefully GM won't just "wait and see" on this segment like they have with Raptor. I'm saying this as a Ford owner because as much as I prefer the oval, I also much prefer domestic over imports and if GM were to make a competitive model it would only breed a better product for both companies.

Although lack of a direct Raptor competitor hasn't held back it's continued advancement. So who knows how these businesses plan things.
Wasn't the Hummer division essentially the same thing? They ditched it for a reason.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #37
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Dear GM, make a damn Cruze SS already with 300hp and keep it around $28-30k! I'd get rid of my Cruze RS and buy one of these as my new DD. Maybe something like this:
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #38
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Dear GM, make a damn Cruze SS already with 300hp and keep it around $28-30k! I'd get rid of my Cruze RS and buy one of these as my new DD. Maybe something like this:
I like that rendering! I'd like to see a response from GM as well.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #39
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Interesting, but it screams Subaru to me. I can already see the dog endorsement commercials now.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Interesting, but it screams Subaru to me. I can already see the dog endorsement commercials now.

That's a good thing, the WRX STI is a great vehicle for the price.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #41
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
I asked this in another forum but I'd love to hear the view point of the competition's fan base.

So, Ford Performance Group has promised something like 12-15 New or revised performance vehicles for Ford by 2020. I can think of the following:

1. '16+ GT350(R)
2. '17+ GT500
3. '16+ Raptor
4. Revised Focus ST
5. Revised Fiesta ST
6. '17+ Focus RS
7. '16+ GT

That leaves 5 to 8 more vehicles...any ideas?

Fusion ST?
Another Mustang variant, EBv6 Mach 1?
A New Lightning?
Maybe a kick off to the rumoured Lincoln performance line, RedLabel?

What would you guys like to see, maybe in hopes of seeing GM produce competing model types? Or up the ante on models that new Fords would compete with?
Old 02-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #42
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I asked this in another forum but I'd love to hear the view point of the competition's fan base.

So, Ford Performance Group has promised something like 12-15 New or revised performance vehicles for Ford by 2020. I can think of the following:

1. '16+ GT350(R)
2. '17+ GT500
3. '16+ Raptor
4. Revised Focus ST
5. Revised Fiesta ST
6. '17+ Focus RS
7. '16+ GT

That leaves 5 to 8 more vehicles...any ideas?

Fusion ST?
Another Mustang variant, EBv6 Mach 1?
A New Lightning?
Maybe a kick off to the rumoured Lincoln performance line, RedLabel?

What would you guys like to see, maybe in hopes of seeing GM produce competing model types? Or up the ante on models that new Fords would compete with?

From what ive read the Focus is the #1 selling car in the world and for good reason. I like this little Focus but I wouldnt fit. Im 6'3, 220lbs. I cant fit in my GF's 2013 Focus Titanium.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote