The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Living up to the hype and C7 sales forecasting... the Motley Fool

The Motley Fool claims it will be a mid/long-term rebound...

"Only time will tell if the sales rebound, but I'm skeptical that the much-hyped 2014 Corvette will do anything for GM's top or bottom lines. Moreover, there is a big hiccup in the plans for GM's halo car: Not all the dealerships are getting the vehicle. What's the point of a halo car if you can't have one sitting at every dealership to draw in consumer traffic?

Chevy has a list of requirements for dealers to meet before receiving the Corvette's, and only about one-third of dealers are going to qualify when sales begin in the third quarter, according to Edmunds.com. After nearly a year, and jumping through hoops of buying special tools and additional training, the rest of the dealers should be eligible to sell the flashy ride -- but it won't be without many ruffled feathers and tested dealer relations
."
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Philr56

Drives: Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited
Send a message via Skype™ to Philr56
It looks like Chevrolet has placed itself between a rock and a hard place with the initial allocation plan. They can't sell what they don't have. The C7 has piqued interest among a broader demographic, but without something for dealerships to offer, those curious about the C7 may not want to wait 9 months on the off chance that their Chevy dealer might get one. Test drives? I don't think so. Porsche's new Cayman is on the showroom floor. Now. Your assessment is right: no product, no sale.

Last edited by Philr56; 06-15-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: finish the post
Philr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Am I missing something? Chevy dropped the at least one allocation per dealership with the introduction of the C6 in 2004 as a 2005 model year product. At the time, the requirement for special tools and a tech trained to use them was instituted.

Of course, now that I think about it, maybe the lack of dealerships with Corvette allocation is the reason Corvette sales dropped from over 37,000 for model year 2005 to 12,000 to 15,000 for the last few years. And here I was attributing the sales drop to economical conditions, little did I suspect the few number of Corvette dealers was the reason.

Oh, I did read that when it first came out but it did not occur to me anyone took him seriously. Two instances in one post where I accept an accusation that I am oblivious to reality.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Philr56

Drives: Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited
Send a message via Skype™ to Philr56
Has anyone seen any C7s from the capture fleet in the Southeast?
Philr56 is offline   Reply With Quote