The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-22-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
America!!!

This thread is for the support of america and to stand proud as a free american to live in a country that gives me the opportunities to succeed in my life to pursue my goals and be able lay my head down at night with the knowledge that I am in a place where peace has a fighting chance.

Everyday I see more and more about the worlds view on us and our great country. I see the hate for our freedoms , the putdowns for our auto industries and the lack of humanity towards our people in other countries.
The more I see this I remember why my grandfather faught over in the ww2 and my uncle in vietnam. I love the america I was raised in , I am one who is proud to salute the flag that stands for freedom and I salute those who fight for our and others peace that maybe one day peace and freedom may ring throughout the world.

In these times of prejudices and negatives that we see and hear about everyday ,we seem to forget or over look the love and courage and positives that are all around us everyday.

This christmas or what ever holiday you celebrate I hope you all remember the things we all have and that the camaro like everything else was created by those who pursued happiness and pushed on to have a better life for others!!

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well said, my friend.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
USA #1! Special thanks to all of our troops past and present that allow us to have the freedoms and prosperity that so many take for granted. Without those that fight for us, we would be just another 2nd or 3rd world country without rights or the potential for individual financial independence. Well said jbynum69!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
Mestizo

Drives: American V8
+1 for America!

**Enter 'Team America: World Police' Theme Song** haha
Mestizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
This thread needs a good refresh.......the sentiment expressed by the OP so many years ago still rings TRUE and should in the hearts and minds of all.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
This thread needs a good refresh.......the sentiment expressed by the OP so many years ago still rings TRUE and should in the hearts and minds of all.
I agree Sir Nuke. That was a great post.
God Bless The U.S.A.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
that video is retarded.

United States ftw
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
explain why video is retarded...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
explain why video is retarded...
because it is the greatest country in the world...imo.

is it perfect? absolutely not. no country is. Still think it's the greatest in the world though.

edit: i mean, he says we aren't the greatest country anymore. please tell me what is the greatest? maybe he should have said we aren't as great as we once were, but I still think we are the greatest.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
because it is the greatest country in the world...imo.

is it perfect? absolutely not. no country is. Still think it's the greatest in the world though.

edit: i mean, he says we aren't the greatest country anymore. please tell me what is the greatest? maybe he should have said we aren't as great as we once were, but I still think we are the greatest.
i can see your point......the part about education being lower is a bunch of BS!!!we as a country test everyone ! it doesn't matter if you are retarded! you will take the test to see where we rank in the world...other country dont do this ,,,,other country's test there very best student !!! for example china only test upper 10% the rest R Not included!!!!! this is a political football that liberals use to push their agenda
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
i can see your point......the part about education being lower is a bunch of BS!!!we as a country test everyone ! it doesn't matter if you are retarded! you will take the test to see where we rank in the world...other country dont do this ,,,,other country's test there very best student !!! for example china only test upper 10% the rest R Not included!!!!! this is a political football that liberals use to push their agenda
I love that scene from the newsroom.

It's perfect I think.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
At first I was angry as I listened to his response, but as he continued I found myself agreeing more and more. "We used to be". Doesn't mean we can't or won't be again. A lot has changed in the world, as well as within our own country since this original post. I'm not quite as proud of my country as I used to be. Maybe one day we will once again be that "Shining city on a hill."

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
New Zealand leads the way in human freedom according to an international index that ranks 123 countries.

The Canadian Fraser Institute has released its report evaluating how each country measures in security and safety, movement, expression and relationship freedoms.

New Zealand topped the index as offering the highest level of human freedom worldwide, followed by the Netherlands and Hong Kong.

Australia came in fourth. The US ranked seventh.

The United Kingdom ranked 18th, ahead of France at 33 and Germany, which came in 35th on the list.

The lowest-ranked countries were Zimbabwe, Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Syria.

The index was contained in a new book, Towards a Worldwide Index of Human Freedom, which examined the characteristics of freedom and how it could best be measured and compared between different nations.

The book's editor, Fred McMahon, said the intention was to measure the degree to which people were free to enjoy classic civil liberties-freedom of speech, religion, individual economic choice, and association and assembly-in each country surveyed.

"We also look at indicators of crime and violence, freedom of movement, legal discrimination against homosexuals, and women's freedoms."

The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organisation.

Top 10 Countries:

1. New Zealand

2. Netherlands

3. Hong Kong

4. Australia

4. Canada

4. Ireland

7. United States of America

7. Denmark

9. Japan

9. Estonia
I'll just leave this here.