Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #197
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I didn't mean you specifically. I meant anyone.
Salt is murder to the underside if a car. Even on dry roads in the winter here in Pa, your are kicking up salt on your car. The roads are white right now here and they will be for the next two months at least.
I usually wait until it rains and washes all the salt away, then when it drys I will get mine out if it's a sunny day... Of course up in the north I bet that does not happen often to get up warm enough to rain instead of snow....
It's snowing here now, ugh.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #198
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
To me that defeats the purpose if buying a ZL1 in the first place. That's why I bought a raptor. It's my winter ZL1 , and both can be used as intended. I never got any pleasure out of driving a nice car on shitty roads and bad weather. That's what 4x4s are for. It all comes down to the fact that anyone has the right to do what they want with their own car. I don't care if you garage your's or beat it up on winter roads. It's not mine to worry about. I don't really know why anyone else would care either.
Heck, the raptor is nicer than the zl1. I'd store it in winter instead lol. I thought I was buying a nice car at 46k, the reality of it is its a 25k car with 21k in options. It retains the quality of a 25k car.

It all comes down into what makes you happy and can afford. Do I regret trading my truck in on the camaro? Yep! Will I spend more money to keep the Camaro out of the salt? Nope! More power to those who can afford to do so and place enough value on their Camaro to make it worth it to them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #199
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I take pride in the condition of my cars. I finally was able to afford my dreamcar so naturally I'm going to take care of it because its my money! What does it matter if there's more expensive cars out there? Yeah there's the Veyron that costs 1 million plus so keeping my car nice is pointless? This thread is a joke.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #200
slashsnake

Drives: 2011 ss
There's a difference between parking your car in a garage, and not driving it. No real reason in my mind not to drive the car. Well unless I am going 4 wheeling or the snow is bad, then the rubicon has fun. I park mine in the garage because I hate scraping snow, defrosting, and hail. I don't need to clean and wax it as much and it isn't 0 or 100 degrees inside.
slashsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #201
slashsnake

Drives: 2011 ss
Sucks about the states that still use salt. Luckily they decided the deer in colorado like it too much and went with mag chlor. . Much better on the underside
slashsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:34 AM   #202
Panther009

Drives: 2012 camaro 6.2 supercharged
I keep mine in my heated garage all winter, I also run a body shop a lot of bad drivers out there
Panther009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #203
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Mine isnt a daily and I keep it in the garage under a cover. I could give 2 shits about its value in the future. Here are my reasons:
1. My car is heavily modified and sometimes is a pain in the ass to drive everyday. It makes me appreciate the car more when I actually get to drive it.
2. My daughters room shares a wall with my garage. My car is not quiet. I work nights and get home at 530am. Its not fair to wake everyone up, just because Im home.
3. My car gets 9mpg.
4. I can afford multiple vehicles to allow the Camaro sit in the garage.
5. I like to take my car up to cruise ins with my dad and his 69 Z/28.
6. Its always clean.
7. I enjoy working on my car. Sometimes my projects are not something that will take 2 days, and the car may have to sit during the work week. I never have to rush and take a chance of messing up, potentially hurting the car, or me.

I love my car more than most people love their kids. Is it the best car on the road? Absolutely not. But its mine. And it makes me happy.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #204
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Right on:376LS3 thumbsup:
That's why I have a winter crasher and keep the vert inside for the winter.
To much salt on the roads.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #205
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
I like to show my IPC whenever possible. No way to keep it in show condition in Ohio in the winter. So, it is a garage queen for now.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #206
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
I just picked up my "new" 11 LT yesterday and it snowed. I already have enough vehicles that don't see snow or rain. The one thing I have in common with those that store their cars for winter; we all paid for our cars individually and can do what we wish.

Now if someone wants to sponsor my Chevy obsession...

[IMG][/IMG]
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:03 AM   #207
acer1

Drives: nothing to say
wow that was so awesome cars sports collectables will always passionate to people who are crazy about them.
acer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #208
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
To each his own... When I "had" a place with a garage, I kept her in it religiously. Then I moved and a garage wasn't an option at the time and I never realized how much I missed having one. So once I return from across the "big pond" a place with a garage is a must for me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 AM   #209
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
Mine is not a daily but very lucky to have a garage for it. I work in the oilfield and the camaro is not coming down some of these roads I have seen. My DD truck will take the abuse
Old 08-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #210
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
It's called savor the flavor. A garaged car that you drive less will last you a lot longer. It will also hold it's value better too over long term. If I buy a 5th gen I want it to last a long time and look nice for a long time and not to be run into the ground from daily driving after only 7-10 years.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote