Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #155
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post

May I ask why you hate your Camaro so much? If so... Why do you hate your Camaro so much? If you want a Dart instead, it must be because the Camaro isn't practical enough?
Rattles. I've owned over 20 cars and never had a car that had as many rattles as this one. I've had the major ones fixed somewhat, caused by missing welds, but there are at least 5 new distinct rattles in my car that come and go depending on the outside temperature. They are more accurate than my cars thermometer and exceed normal radio volume.
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #156
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
My goodness.......can this thread just die?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #157
Genesyn

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, 1985 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
Its your car brother. If you want to drive it in the winter, do so, you spent the money, you get to choose. But at least be responsible and put winter tires on. PZeros are simply not made to drive below 45 degrees. In extreme cold, there is a risk of cracking and blowout. Driving on them in the snow is a safety hazard to you and everyone else on the road around you, regardless of whether you are a good or bad driver. It only takes one bad day...
I just got mine and this is exactly what I"m doing as soon as I get my tax return. Swapping my 21's for 20's and all weather tires, save the 21's and PZeros for summer fun.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #158
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast/Furious View Post
Hey all,

So I own a 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS it is my daily driver and my ONLY car.

I do not store my car it sits outside in the rain/sleet/snow. Two days ago I even drove it through 2-4 inches of snow with P Zeros on it. (find the other thread)

I have a friend of a friend who has a slighty older Camaro 2SS I believe it is a 2010-2011 and he stores his in the garage and says it he has not even touched the windshield wipers. He not only does not drive it in any thing that is not sunny, he barely drives it period.

Why?

This is my only car that I have ever owned. I saved up the money for it and I want to drive the hell out of it.

A couple months ago I went to a Cars & Coffee near me (Katie's in DC) and there was a Red GT-R I respected so much because he had brake dust all over his wheels dirt all on the low parts of the body. You could tell he drove the heck out of his $100k car.

BUT then you have $30-40k-ish Camaro's being garage kept?

I guess I just do not see the point of a Camaro less than a ZL1 being garage kept and not driven more. (I cannot be alone right? lol)

Please do not think I think negatively of you if you garage keep your Camaro. I respect everyone's decision even if I do not agree with them.
its like if you go into someone's home and they have those plastic covers on the furniture that make the furniture very uncomfortable: you ask them what you ask a virgin.

WTF are you saving it for?!?!?
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #159
DieselAries1

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
My 2011 LS is my only car and a motorcycle I built for summer. I rubberrized undercoated the entire car the 3rd day I had it during the summer from the front to the back. I even plasti dipped the lower running boards prior and the salt and snow has not touched anywhere snow builds up in the wells or outer fenders. I would drive the bike in the winter if I could lol!

DieselAries1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #160
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
mine is a daily driver and babied... if I had a second vehicle I would probably choose to leave her in the garage when there is heavy rain. but down here in the Devils Armpit we don't get crazy cold weather.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #161
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
She loves playing in the snow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #162
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Diesel that is a badass bike

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #163
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
HA HA still alive, this thread haha.
You guys do know there is no free camaro at the end of the "who can drive your car into the ground by showing what you put it through first picture game" right?
I can hear your value appraisels sinking faster then the 2014 tailight refresh clay board going through the trash compactor in Michigan lmao

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #164
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
You guys do know there is no free camaro at the end of the "who can drive your car into the ground by showing what you put it through first picture game" right?
I can hear your value appraisels sinking faster then the 2014 tailight refresh clay board going through the trash compactor in Michigan lmao
KBB says on a 2010 2SS with 5000 miles is worth $26,209, with 10,000 miles its worth $25,805, with 20,000 miles its worth $24,899 these are trade in values. so in other words for 15,000 miles difference it costs you $1,310 in trade in value...is it really worth it?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #165
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Ya know people ask me the same thing about why I have long hair and I tell the because I can.

Lets keep this going.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #166
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
You must be kidding me.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #167
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
why is my car in the garage except for sunny day and quick errands, because people have no respect for peoples property.....my 2006 GTO daily driver was a garbage can by the time it had 88000 miles, thanks to cars, dings, thiefs and mfers. now that I can afford a dd other than my zl1, the zl1 only comes out in good weather and short term.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #168
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
KBB says on a 2010 2SS with 5000 miles is worth $26,209, with 10,000 miles its worth $25,805, with 20,000 miles its worth $24,899 these are trade in values. so in other words for 15,000 miles difference it costs you $1,310 in trade in value...is it really worth it?
To the guy that has to constantly post after I post, as if you have some sort of creepy ticker that lets you know. Yes its worth it! I have a million reasons why but not worth the time describing to you. you can tell the difference for one in resale, not just a KBB internet search. But if you understood the difference in market of west coast weather region cars compared to east/bad weather related areas and the impact it has on resale and your car over time, you would not care much about a KBB search. I have seen it an know it first hand, have a garage full of classics that have come from auctions and buyer to buyer sales. Not my fault you dont understand the concept of not killing your car, or what the elements do over time, and how much that is appreciated at resale, or weather a car is garaged or not. Learn some values, research dealer auction values compared to KBB, learn Hagerty trends, and go to a show or auction once, understand how much a car subjected to snow,salt,black ice etc compared to same garage kept compares and impacts final hammer price.
Get a clue for once dont troll

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote