Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #57
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
EXACTLY
Yup! Right on.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #58
PRO CUSTOM MARK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS TURBO
My car is being tuned as we speak. Should be ready to pick up next week and ill post up result. It's a new single front mount kit with a comp 76/75 oilless turbo. Hoping for mid 500's on low boost around 6 psi. I've had blowers on my truck and switched to a turbo about 8 years ago and never looked back. My opinion is turbo over blower!
PRO CUSTOM MARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #59
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Guy in Lousiana went 9.8@~138 first time out on a stock displacement mild build. Kevins wife's car went 10.8@135 at high DA with just kit/meth. No suspension work, no motor work, valve covers or TB never off. Josh's car went 9s@140+ stock displacement.

If you are going to build a fast drag car, no reason with turbos to stick stock displacement, but a stock displacement twin car can and has easily gone 9s. Most of the 9 second setups aren't even that extreme. No th400s, no huge stalls, no huge cam, no n2o.
I'm not interested in full blown race cars like Hellions that you spoke of...,maybe I didn't phrase it right...I was, and still, am looking for actual timeslips of AGP Camaro's that are built for the street and taken to the strip.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #60
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I think his point was that turbos do well at the track.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #61
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I think his point was that turbos do well at the track.
Yes you can make a drag car very quick with a turbo setup.You will not however find the average member on this site with a turbo kit,no matter the brand with a clutch with very good times.That doesn't mean the turbos aren't great for some guys, just not the guy looking at 1/4 mile times with a clutch IMO.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #62
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I'm not interested in full blown race cars like Hellions that you spoke of...,maybe I didn't phrase it right...I was, and still, am looking for actual timeslips of AGP Camaro's that are built for the street and taken to the strip.
Did you read what Unreal had written that you quoted?
Easy 10's and some in the 9's. Total street cars. In fact, the exact opposite of drag cars, my car ran high 10's with very stiff road racing coil-overs on a stock L99 engine. If it was set up for drag racing it could run mid 9's on the stock L99. No cam, not trans brake, no slicks, just exactly how you would drive it on the street.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #63
PRO CUSTOM MARK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Easy 10's and some in the 9's. Total street cars. In fact, the exact opposite of drag cars, my car ran high 10's with very stiff road racing coil-overs on a stock L99 engine. If it was set up for drag racing it could run mid 9's on the stock L99. No cam, not trans brake, no slicks, just exactly how you would drive it on the street.
How much boost were you running to achieve those times? I'm curious because I'm doing a single front mount and am curious to how close mine will compare. I all for turbo setups in a street car!
PRO CUSTOM MARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #64
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Here is my advice. Any shop telling you they can get you to 600+ hp on stock internals, ask them for a written and signed warranty covering your engine in the event of a failure due to forced induction. If they give you one, then let them have at it. If they don't, then take your business elsewhere. These engines are high compression V8s that were not built for boost. They are strong, but they will break. Or the transmission will. These shops will tell you all about their high hp builds on stock bottom ends, but you'll never hear about all the customers who came back with failures. Don't get caught up with numbers. If 700 hp to the wheels at low boost was as easy as these companies make it out to be, and if 9 and 10 second 1/4 miles were that easy, then we'd all have it. Look for numbers in the mid to high 500s. It isn't as impressive as 650+, but I'd rather have 550 with no problems than 650 for two weeks and then the engine blows.
Exactly why mine is the way it is. Zero issues and I've already had some fun with some heads/cam 5th gens. lol
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #65
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Of course I read it....

I hear of these times, I just haven't seen any slips or vids. Not saying the don't exist, just haven't seen them.

And again, for me personally, for the HP/TQ they are putting down that's just not impressive to me when it comes to the 1/4 mile times.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #66
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Of course I read it....

I hear of these times, I just haven't seen any slips or vids. Not saying the don't exist, just haven't seen them.

And again, for me personally, for the HP/TQ they are putting down that's just not impressive to me when it comes to the 1/4 mile times.
Well to each his own I guess. Have a nice day.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote