Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Used Kits - Which one to look for? no regrets...

So, if you where looking for a used kit for a stock car which one takes the cake? Theres a eforce,novi for sale same price used... around 4k.

Whats a deal and what should I look out for? Im not looking to make a 4K$ mistake just wanting to go FI and have some fun with no regrets later on a stock ls3 and if any parts on these cars cant handle it please tell me to forget my dreams..

I know a lot of guys talk on here like money grows on trees when it comes to builds/trial and error. I cant afford to make that mistake, whats safe and worth the money without going all out RACECAR.

Last edited by revived; 03-12-2015 at 11:42 PM.
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:13 PM   #2
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Check out lsa conversion.com

You can find a used blower on ebay for 5 to $700 and the install kit is like 2700 or so. plus the cost of cai And tune.

roughly 4k plus you get a lot of new parts!
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 PM   #3
revived
Vrrrm.

Im avoiding ADM conversion only because im going to be installing myself, and the LSA seems like a lot more work/time to put in compared to the others who make It so simple like edlebrock... no fab needed once so ever.

So I guess that kit doesnt check off all my boxes.

Easy install - garage 1-3 day install
durable - withstand high miles abuse and New England weather
safe - on stock car - tranny,motor,diff,axles,clutch
Power - Least of my concerns compared to the above. yes I want more POWER= FUN

Last edited by revived; 03-12-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
ttshovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
Im avoiding ADM conversion only because im going to be installing myself, and the adm seems like a lot more work/time to put in compared to the others who make It so simple like edlebrock... no fab needed once so ever.

So I guess that kit doesnt check off all my boxes.

Easy install - garage 1-3 day install
durable - withstand high miles abuse and New England weather
safe - on stock car - tranny,motor,diff,axles,clutch
Power - Least of my concerns compared to the above. yes I want more POWER= FUN
I agree, it is definitely labor intensive! I've had many, many runs to the local part stores. Definitely not someyeing I would recommend for someone that's not mechanically inclined and not wiring savvy.

If I was in your shoes, look for a ecs 1500 kit, hands down one of the better kits! And you can always upgrade the headunit later down the road! Best of luck to you and your decision. You will be happy no matter what route you choose!!!
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
Old 03-13-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I have the LSA kit from ADM (as does ttshovel) . It does take a bit more, but I think it is doable as a DIY. I'd review the installs from all the ones your interested in. I did that and found it helpful in deciding. I really do like the ADM when I considered all factors. Looking at all is a very good move...

Best of luck!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:21 AM   #6
revived
Vrrrm.

Thank you for your info your turnouts!!!

I know what you guys love about the LSA/ADM Conv. Do you mind posting your dislikes? Surely something about the installing was most difficult or something you didn't like about the setup you'd change?

definitely more then capable of installing this myself , but who does like things to be as simple as possible. Im not wanting to run a ADM its not completely out of the question but I would need to read instructions first to rule it out time to me is important and less fideling the better but can sure extend harness wiring that's not a biggie I solder for a living. - Link to them would be awesome.

ECS gets a lot of praise not sure why but a centri is not out of the question for me neither is procharger. Honestly there is a lot too know think about when theres a lot of options lol... making it even harder to let your heart get set on one of them.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
I have ZERO dislikes about my ADM LSA conversion. Car is unreal and runs like brand new and stock. Sounds wicked when the blower spins. Makes power people don't expect.
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #8
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Ecs > Eforce, Lsa. Not just because i have one
Old 03-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
ttshovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct10985 View Post
Ecs > Eforce, Lsa. Not just because i have one
I agree with peak power and power potential. But as far as torque, you can't compete with a roots style.

There is a few dislikes about the adm kit.

Instructions- I literally lol'd when I looked at this, until I realized I needed to use them. (2 pages front and back of text, 1 hand drawn picture and 1 picture) lmao. If it wasn't for Don's diy, it would have taken much longer!

Not including everything- as i said above there is quite a few parts store runs involved.

communication- I'm sure he is a busy guy, but every question, I've ever asked andy, I got the most generic answer for and ended up figuring it out myself or with the help of others. again, I'm sure this is a busy time of year for all shops, so Id give him the benefit of the doubt!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
He is swamped right now getting customer cars ready for the texas mile. Instructions are generic yes. He knows that also but is working on getting some very detailed instructions to really simplify things for the diy people. You catching on here hammdo? Lol. Its in the works i heard. Im sure there is someone itching to help us out here on this subject. I think this is a package andy did not anticipate blowing up so fast and taking the market by storm. But it is a very well put together kit. I have it on my car and love it. Nothing like 716rwhp/735rwtq in my dd. It is a blast to drive everyday that is for sure. Some people like the challenge to do it on there own also. Some dont. That is up to them to decide. But it is satisfying to say "yeah i did that" to some in the end. Good luck op on whatever you decide.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #11
MojoBodies

Drives: 2016 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
Check out lsa conversion.com

You can find a used blower on ebay for 5 to $700 and the install kit is like 2700 or so. plus the cost of cai And tune.

roughly 4k plus you get a lot of new parts!

And if you dont mind spending a little more you can get the LSA kit with a new Supercharger for $4600. That way you would have all new parts.

I'm considering this rout myself. Andy takes a little time to email me back some days by he has answered every email I have sent him over the last 2 weeks.
MojoBodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #12
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Centrifugal blowers dont have torque only applys to internet racing. Couple days ago i raced a cammed, 50 shot ctsv from about a 40 roll, that put down quite a bit more power than i did and from the second we hit the gas i pulled ahead instantly.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #13
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
Take a look at the kraftwerks. JRE is offering the tuner kit for 5k. After a tune you would be at around $5,400. If you buy used there is always the chance you will need to do a rebuild. This kit offers everything you will need, except for a breather and oil catch can. With my build it was little things that added up big time. Those are probably the only two little things you would need to buy with this kit, although you do not "need" either.

Check out the thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393760

Last edited by z3R0fo01; 03-13-2015 at 02:41 PM.
z3R0fo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #14
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokum View Post
He is swamped right now getting customer cars ready for the texas mile. Instructions are generic yes. He knows that also but is working on getting some very detailed instructions to really simplify things for the diy people. You catching on here hammdo? Lol. Its in the works i heard. Im sure there is someone itching to help us out here on this subject. I think this is a package andy did not anticipate blowing up so fast and taking the market by storm. But it is a very well put together kit. I have it on my car and love it. Nothing like 716rwhp/735rwtq in my dd. It is a blast to drive everyday that is for sure. Some people like the challenge to do it on there own also. Some dont. That is up to them to decide. But it is satisfying to say "yeah i did that" to some in the end. Good luck op on whatever you decide.
Hammdo got it alright...

I do instruction guides all the time. ;o)...

Should be kinda obvious by now!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote