Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2022, 09:06 PM   #267
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yep, that's pretty good!! Around town driving in manual with the converter locked I get between 14-16 depending on how I drive, and on the highway cruising at 73mph, 1800-2000rpm around 21.8-22.3.. Not that it matters, didn't buy it for the milage. But it is kinda nice.. lol.
For the mods you have, that's pretty damn good mpg. I get about the same in my SS Sedan with just intake, exhaust and tune. My ZL1 on the other hand gets 12-14 city and 19 hwy.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:16 AM   #268
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
For the mods you have, that's pretty damn good mpg. I get about the same in my SS Sedan with just intake, exhaust and tune. My ZL1 on the other hand gets 12-14 city and 19 hwy.
You want to know what’s pathetic? My brother bought a brand new fully loaded Honda Civic and sticker is only 31mpg. Might get 28. I like they can’t make cars get 50+? Hell Chevy spark should get 100! Catches a flat you can carry the damn thing to tire shop. And even that POS doesn’t get that great gas mileage

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:03 AM   #269
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i dunno.fueled up the wifes civic last week and have gone about 150 miles so far.averaging 33 around town.does his have the "eco" button? a little green leaf appears on the instrument panel when you push the button and it gets better mpg.we do over 40 on the highway with it.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:33 AM   #270
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SS Godfather View Post
USD $4.31 Gallon, is so so cheap !! That is approx That is $6.39 NZD Gallon so approx 4.2 ltrs to a gallon That is $1.52 ltr NZD WE PAY $3.80 LTR NZD $15.96 US GALLON !!!!!! The US still has very cheap fuel my friends!!
True!
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:39 AM   #271
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
If you account for inflation, gas prices still have a while to go before they break the 2008 record.

Adjusted for inflation the real cost of a gallon of gas from July 2008 shoots up to $5.37 in today's dollars—well above the current cost of $4.318 per gallon. But sure...blame the President because he completely controls gas prices...and corporate greed.
Not just the President but the entire "party politics" that got him elected. Many there are insane eco warriors and freely admit they want the internal combustion engine outlawed. Or made brutally expensive to run. They are in every was fanatic. The World Economic Forum has been tutoring US Reps and Senators.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #272
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
If you dont see the internal combustion engine as a dinosaur, you got blinders on. You may not like it, but the world changes, and new improvement make life better for us and future generations. Have we crossed a threshold with electric vehicles? Nope. is there soemthing better out there? Most likely, and at the end of the day, your gas costs more due to corporate greed. Oil is down now, and yet gas prices are still climbing...know why? Commodities speculation. Which means $$$$$ to someone(hint Oil Companies and their shareholders). So, keep blaming those fantatics, the libs, the President, but ignore the real culprits.

Im done with this topic, you have your ideas and I will never change them, so what's the point...
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:42 AM   #273
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
If you dont see the internal combustion engine as a dinosaur, you got blinders on. You may not like it, but the world changes, and new improvement make life better for us and future generations. Have we crossed a threshold with electric vehicles? Nope. is there soemthing better out there? Most likely, and at the end of the day, your gas costs more due to corporate greed. Oil is down now, and yet gas prices are still climbing...know why? Commodities speculation. Which means $$$$$ to someone(hint Oil Companies and their shareholders). So, keep blaming those fantatics, the libs, the President, but ignore the real culprits.

Im done with this topic, you have your ideas and I will never change them, so what's the point...
Coming to you from Nellis AFB via my home office in Zurich:
For those not done: On day one of Biden's presidency he cancelled Keystone and began ending America's energy independence. Thats a fact. Alternative energy was not close to replacing what was cancelled. Fact. Now if you've had it with the internal combustion dino's, isn't it your responsibility to maintain American energy independence until you have a replacement? This "crisis" was manufactured politically and greed wasn't + isn't causative. OR
"You think that, if it pleases you."
Old 03-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #274
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
I must say, I'm 56 and he is the first president who actually kept his promise! In his presidential campaign he declared war on the petroleum industry and idiots voted him in because they didn't like the other choice. These same people will deflect responsibility to any and all other possibilities other than the current administration they voted for.....and believe it! So it's the futures speculators who are responsible? I wonder what criteria they use to predict futures? Could it be this current administrations energy policy? Naah.....they probably use the majic eight ball!!! Idiots!
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #275
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
“You may not like it, but the world changes, and new improvement make life better for us and future generations.”

Uh, sometimes. Some ancient ‘dinosaur’ inventions we still use today:

PAPER
COMPASS
MAPS
DOOR LOCKS
CONCRETE
WHEELS
CLOCKS
JULIAN CALENDAR

Old doesn’t always equate to obsolete. Just sayin…
Old 03-15-2022, 11:06 AM   #276
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i think total dependence on EVs in the immediate future(next 5 years)would be a disaster.internal combustion may not be ideal,but what happens when we all rush home,plug in our cars,and crank the a/c because its a hot day?power grid goes down,food in freezers and refrigerators spoils,and you only get halfway to your job because you got half a charge last night. we need to figure out how to recycle and reuse the mountains of batteries going all electric will produce and find a less polluting way to generate electricity before we all jump into EVs.that said i have nothing against them,dont need to hear the noise an internal combustion engine makes or shift gears to enjoy driving.it would also be wasteful and polluting to consign all IC cars and engines to the scrapyard before they are used up.let attritition takes care of that in the way it always has.when was the last time you saw a model T ford or an edsel that wasnt going to a car show? BTW im a republican if it matters to you.im hoping that a few years down the road we will have real "sun roofs" on our cars that can maintain or help to maintain a charge in the same way solar panels generate electricity.imagine parking your car at the jobsite and always coming out to a full tank...thats energy independence
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:37 AM   #277
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i think total dependence on EVs in the immediate future(next 5 years)would be a disaster.internal combustion may not be ideal,but what happens when we all rush home,plug in our cars,and crank the a/c because its a hot day?power grid goes down,food in freezers and refrigerators spoils,and you only get halfway to your job because you got half a charge last night. we need to figure out how to recycle and reuse the mountains of batteries going all electric will produce and find a less polluting way to generate electricity before we all jump into EVs.that said i have nothing against them,dont need to hear the noise an internal combustion engine makes or shift gears to enjoy driving.it would also be wasteful and polluting to consign all IC cars and engines to the scrapyard before they are used up.let attritition takes care of that in the way it always has.when was the last time you saw a model T ford or an edsel that wasnt going to a car show? BTW im a republican if it matters to you.im hoping that a few years down the road we will have real "sun roofs" on our cars that can maintain or help to maintain a charge in the same way solar panels generate electricity.imagine parking your car at the jobsite and always coming out to a full tank...thats energy independence
Just one problem...the same people who want you to enjoy that independence don't want anyone in this country to mine the materials required to make that sunroof solar panel or the battery it charges! Therefor we have to get them from Russia and China. How independent is that? I guess it's ok for other country's to harm the environment just as long as it's not here?
Old 03-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #278
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Just one problem...the same people who want you to enjoy that independence don't want anyone in this country to mine the materials required to make that sunroof solar panel or the battery it charges! Therefor we have to get them from Russia and China. How independent is that? I guess it's ok for other country's to harm the environment just as long as it's not here?
The air pollution in China makes the worst of air pollution in the US look like pure clean air.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:56 AM   #279
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotavo View Post
The air pollution in China makes the worst of air pollution in the US look like pure clean air.
As far as I know.....we breath the same air!
Old 03-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #280
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
As far as I know.....we breath the same air!
The air in one location is not the air in another at any given moment. The air in much of China is inferior in taste/smell and health implications to the air in most of the US.