Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2022, 04:23 PM   #155
Falfan

Drives: 14 SS
So ... E85 mods all around?
Falfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:56 PM   #156
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
These prices are ridiculous and I don't see gas going back down to what it was prior to the Russian Invasion. These democrats are going to purposely keep the price of gas high to push their electric car agenda.
My 14 SS is paid off and I am strongly considering selling it. $ 30, 000 would take it. Not happy to go this route but I cant afford these gas prices. The car is my pride and joy but a toy. With under 30K miles someone would be getting a great car.

It is predicted that we will run out of fossil fuels in this century. Oil can last up to 50 years, natural gas up to 53 years, and coal up to 114 years. Yet, renewable energy is not popular enough, so emptying our reserves can speed up.Jan 18, 2021

Gonna have to do something before long...
Old 03-08-2022, 05:48 PM   #157
Falfan

Drives: 14 SS
And if manufacturing shortages to inflate prices to hurt the average joe doesn't force a miraculous innovation in tech , that makes "green energy" a viable option to run an entire nation. , the Great die off from starvation and freezing to death will leave more good old reliable fossil fuels for those left ( the elites, most likely) ...
Falfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #158
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
These prices are ridiculous and I don't see gas going back down to what it was prior to the Russian Invasion.
The same folks who called the falling gas prices post 2008 are predicting prices to rise short term but as new capacity comes online due to increased oil prices and refineries finish summer switchovers for gas to go back under $4/gal nationwide average. $3.80-ish by the end of the year. Obviously we could have some major unforeseen catastrophe, but I'm not in full panic mode yet.

I am in panic-lite, though. Stock up on consumables. They aren't going down in price any time soon. Just found pork shoulders for 99 cents/lb and restocked the chest freezer. Surely the pandemic taught people the value of having a month or two of food supplies at the ready, right?
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:00 PM   #159
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
That’s internet propaganda. With modern extraction techniques we have enough fossil reserves to power America for hundreds of years or more. The gulf and Alaska alone can satisfy us for lots longer than 50 years, and that just oil. We have even more natural gas and coal than oil. The way things are going the last few years, the Big Man upstairs will have come again and left before we run out of fossil reserves. At the end of the day I firmly believe HE is still very much in charge.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:02 PM   #160
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
It is predicted that we will run out of fossil fuels in this century. Oil can last up to 50 years, natural gas up to 53 years, and coal up to 114 years. Yet, renewable energy is not popular enough, so emptying our reserves can speed up.Jan 18, 2021

Gonna have to do something before long...
When I was an impressionable young man listening to songs from the 1970’s, like below, I too thought that, “there’s only so much oil in the ground.” But time, wisdom, bullshit and truth gave me more perspective. While there might indeed be a finite supply of - everything - common sense included, I’d be careful to hitch my wagon to the finality of anything.

https://youtu.be/UrxRJ9HlfZk

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 03-08-2022 at 07:17 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:24 PM   #161
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
We heard growing up in the 1970’s & 1980’s (I was born in 70) oil would be gone by 2010. Completely. The world was also going to be in another ice age.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #162
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
I passed by my favorite QT gas station at 6 pm and observed regular priced at $3.99. Returned at 10 pm to fill up the 2LS tank only to find the price jumped to $4.39! I've never seen that large of an increase EVER! People can tilt at windmills and believe what makes them feel good but I'll give a STRONG +1 to the fellow with the blue Camaro as he is involved in the industry for his livelihood. Remember in November.
Thanks buddy I appreciate that!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:59 PM   #163
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
We heard growing up in the 1970’s & 1980’s (I was born in 70) oil would be gone by 2010. Completely. The world was also going to be in another ice age.
Born in '69 young man and remember hearing that same s@#t!! Plus, if anyone knows about this, it's Aqua Blue RS/SS by being in the industry. I am in the computer industry and where do you think we are getting the chips from, Taiwan and China has a bulls eye on them. Plus, who's going to tell China to stop polluting the earth. NO ONE. Fossils are staying but I have no issue if you want to buy an electric car.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:04 PM   #164
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
thanks you guys! you make this country great! just watched the governor of alaska said come on up and drill . safe environment most modern tech cleanest reserves that will last hundreds of years. and this clown wants to go to venezuela. wake up sleepy joe. the saudi prince sent you to voice mail? no guts joe. reminds me of the C.O. i had in the army the only person in the whole company that couldn't make the 6 mile runs. hell of a leader. dudes we had an ice age once. wasn't that global warming? so what. cut em loose at balls out drilling and watch the speculators drop the price.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:19 PM   #165
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
elon musk is another. makes his billions of the backs of his workers. lets see him drink some chernobl water. don't have spell check but you get my drift. i know a guy high up that analyzes for certain entities. without a doubt sleepy joe has the early signs of dementia, he gets flustered and short tempered, avoids confrontation. all signs. just saying watch him if you can stand being lied to your face everyday. jen psacki needs to jump back on her broom and fly back to the rock she crawled out from under. just saying... only an opinion everyone has one oh i ordered my propane today, lord looking out for me got it locked in at 2.49 a gallon i freaked. peace to us all my brothers we'll get thru this. need to go watch a good drag race road race etc. and sniff some fumes and relax..... whew! i'm done.....
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:38 PM   #166
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
FUEL PRICES NZ

Hey Guys, New Zealand fuel 98 for the SS at the moment NZD $3.50 ltr.
Every time i take her out for a cruise i top her up as i go, otherwise close to $300 !! Getting worse BUT HEY!!! WE LOVE THE BEAST!! Still smile , open the cutouts and try and stay away from the cops!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:49 PM   #167
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Got gas at HEB off i-45 in League City (south of Houston) and the premium (93) was going for $4.27/gallon. What sucks even more, is the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market on the other side of the freeway was selling their premium (93) for $3.89/gallon.

These price swings really blows.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:49 PM   #168
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
I have to chuckle when I hear 50 years from now......... 100 years from now..........I don't think any of you have anything to worry about. I believe we will be lucky if we make 2030 let alone 50 years from now. Life as we know it a thing of the past, welcome to h e double hockey sticks.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote