Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #1849
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
I also try to force myself to like it (that's what "growing on me means") because 2018 factory orders are closed by tomorrow.
5/6th gen needed 0.01 seconds to "grow on me"

What grows on me is to hurry building my budget so I can catch some 2017/2018 from the lot in several months. That's how disappointed I am about this refresh.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #1850
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
See, that's the problem. The fact that it is so polarizing sucks. When a car design is instantly beautiful and/or badass by anyone who sees it, you have a win. When you have to squint or force yourself to find something you like or in a certain color, that is a fail.

My first impression of the SS was that it sucks and now, I still think it sucks. They blew it with those stupid cheek bones, big black bumper, flow tie bullseye, teary eyes, and those bulbous squished donut tail lights.

My first impression of the RS was that I liked it. The more I look at it now, the more I dislike it. That ain't good. It looks clumsy. The smiling bumper, clumsy stepped grille, too high bowtie look dumb and dont Tue in well to the rest of the 6th gen body.

It all looks like an after thought because it is an after thought. None of these changes were part of the original design and it shows. A refresh should be mild tweaks to the original design to improve and slightly enhance things. Some things they could have done: dark tail lights for the SS standard, smooth the rear bumper, update the headlights to LEDs but keep the shape along with LED turn signals incorporated, update the side markers to LEDs, offer some new wheel designs, offer some additional colors besides grey, blue, and red, and add a little more power. Win!

Some folks seem to like it which is good, but I hope enough do to buy it. My guess is that they will expedite the 7th gen and get it to market quickly for one last chance for Camaro survival. I bet that it will be totally different; sleek, refined, classy, and aggressive with increased visibility.

Just check u tube. There are tons of "how did this happen?" And "the 2019 Camaro disaster" videos. Not a good sign and I'm sure GM is aware.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:23 AM   #1851
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
These are older drawings, but I like the 3rd gen looking rendering.
That would be a cool 7th gen.

https://goo.gl/images/4UmfY1

https://goo.gl/images/sugghn

I would trade my 6th gen immediately for this and I bet they would sell a ton.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #1852
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSue View Post
I always thought beauty was in the eye of the beer holder!
Agreed but in this case might need something stronger than beer to make it look good. I'm thinking 151 or everclear haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I think this is what people are referring to as to the car smiling.

This ^ Glad someone else did it so I didn't have to lol. The smiling front ends on the lower trims remind me of the old Mazda3 smiling front ends

or reminds me of this

it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #1853
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
I don't know how they thought they were moving forward in design with the v6. The current one's looked great, it was well balanced. This version is just terrible, the top grill is out of proportion, and that huge smile. Why in the world did GM sign off on that.

One thing they did get right was the bow tie, which for some reason they felt it should be in the middle for the SS.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #1854
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
See, that's the problem. The fact that it is so polarizing sucks. When a car design is instantly beautiful and/or badass by anyone who sees it, you have a win. When you have to squint or force yourself to find something you like or in a certain color, that is a fail.

My first impression of the SS was that it sucks and now, I still think it sucks. They blew it with those stupid cheek bones, big black bumper, flow tie bullseye, teary eyes, and those bulbous squished donut tail lights.

My first impression of the RS was that I liked it. The more I look at it now, the more I dislike it. That ain't good. It looks clumsy. The smiling bumper, clumsy stepped grille, too high bowtie look dumb and dont Tue in well to the rest of the 6th gen body.
Per the RS, I feel if they changed out the headlights to something unique that filled the entire space may have changed the dopey smiley effect? But instead they used the same lights & tilted a piece of plastic at 35° or what ever. Maybe on paper or the clay models had a different effect to that aspect?

I know people are going to continue to cite the 2014 refresh or the '18 Mustang as a comparison for how fans respond. But this is, as noted above, a polarizing look. The new Silverados are in the same neighborhood. We will have to see how sales numbers play out.

I hope anyone that reads this understands that this is not meant to bash anyone personally who likes/loves the '19 refresh. Honestly, really hope those that like it, buy it. However, also hopeful we catch a youtube vid of design team(s) being thrown out of GM on their rear ends.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #1855
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I think this is what people are referring to as to the car smiling.

Wait. I thought "we" liked that type of front.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #1856
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
To me the non SS basically adds the 5th gen front and backend to the car. The Turbo 1LE looks totally great to me, I don't get the hate towards the non-ss models
Old 05-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #1857
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
To me the non SS basically adds the 5th gen front and backend to the car. The Turbo 1LE looks totally great to me, I don't get the hate towards the non-ss models
Exactly. I thought the RS was gorgeous the instant I saw it.

The gray trim around the headlight that blends into the meshed grill looks really sharp. Classy.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #1858
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The only thing I see is that people who do not know what they want are going to say anything even if they contradict themselves. since the first concept of the fifth generation has always had that "smile" (Smile?, you are crazy), AND Y'all loved it. and now comes this refresh that presents the same thing and seems strange or lame? better not even talk wey
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #1859
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Because it looks like it's a 2010-era design?
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #1860
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
All the hating is mostly just people justifying their purchase that they already made. Of course everybody contradicts everything they say as hypocrisy rules the day now , people make statements in a vacuum not even thinking about statement they made five minutes ago that’s the opposite, everybody’s a politician now lol. in one thread they argue General Motors is super smart they have $20 billion in design team(when they like it) in the next thread they say General Motors is stupid they don’t know anything (when they don’t like it ) we love the smile , we hate the smile ,we love the tail lights , we hate the tail lights. It’s just like kids if you hear children argue everybody thinks what they have is the best and logic doesn’t really play into it. When General Motors gets a nice sales boost from this refresh everybody will change their tunes and adapt their ideas and say yeah I knew all along it would sell blah blah blah. It’s identical to the 5th gen refresh predictions. All wrong ,no ownership of being wrong by anybody. History has proven them wrong and they’re still right.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #1861
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
All the hating is mostly just people justifying their purchase that they already made. Of course everybody contradicts everything they say as hypocrisy rules the day now , people make statements in a vacuum not even thinking about statement they made five minutes ago that’s the opposite, everybody’s a politician now lol. in one thread they argue General Motors is super smart they have $20 billion in design team(when they like it) in the next thread they say General Motors is stupid they don’t know anything (when they don’t like it ) we love the smile , we hate the smile ,we love the tail lights , we hate the tail lights. It’s just like kids if you hear children argue everybody thinks what they have is the best and logic doesn’t really play into it. When General Motors gets a nice sales boost from this refresh everybody will change their tunes and adapt their ideas and say yeah I knew all along it would sell blah blah blah. It’s identical to the 5th gen refresh predictions. All wrong ,no ownership of being wrong by anybody. History has proven them wrong and they’re still right.
Ever considered that some of us just don't like it?

Hell, I don't even like how mine looks.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #1862
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
on the 5th gen if you want to say it has a smile to it as well I guess you could. But it was much more subtle. The picture of the RS from the front 3/4 is where IMO it is really pronounced and just looks awkward IMO
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!