The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #15
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Never - no emblems, watching the jaws drop would be much more fun

Sleeper all the way
I am with Tag... I'd want people to stop and look everywhere i go. If it is a sleeper, it looks just like every other Camaro out there and people would never know the difference except on those few occassions on the street that you get to use it.

For example, when I see a regular C6 Vette on the road I am like "that's a nice car" but if I see a Z06 I can't stop starring and am seriously in awe. Now if that owner, for whatever reason, decided to take the body panels off and put on regular C6 panels, then it would lose that magestic feel.

i am all about the badges!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #16
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Ya I would take that deal because you take someone like me age 18 trying to pay full coverage insurance on a top dog camaro. I like that idea because the insurance company would run the vin code # and see it was a V6 and not charge you as much for insurance.
But what they don't know is their is a LS7 under the hood. Cheet the system a little bit.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #17
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Ya I would take that deal because you take someone like me age 18 trying to pay full coverage insurance on a top dog camaro. I like that idea because the insurance company would run the vin code # and see it was a V6 and not charge you as much for insurance.
But what they don't know is their is a LS7 under the hood. Cheet the system a little bit.
Just better hope you don't get in a wreck and need a new engine....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #18
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
ya your right their becaus ethey come and look at the car and they lift the hood and see there is no V6 under there. Your screwed.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #19
Casull

Quote:
ya your right their becaus ethey come and look at the car and they lift the hood and see there is no V6 under there. Your screwed.
Exactly, then they can refuse to replace your $13,000 motor, which would be even worse!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Yeah...I was going to mention the fact that if something did happen, there goes your policy. Let's say you blow the engine or get into a wreck where ur insurance has to pay up. They will find out your upgrades, most likely pay up, and then kick you out the door.

I was at Ancira service talking w/ my service technician. He was telling me about a guy who brought his SS into the shop saying it stalled out in a low water crossing and was trying to get it fixed under insurance. The shop pulled apart the air intake and intake manifold. Guess what? Absolutely no water, dirt, grass, or anything....looked completely new. Then, they open the engine and its loaded w/ crap. When presented w/ the facts, the owner caved in admitting to having removed his supercharger and parts putting the factory parts back on. Service guy said insurance was informed of the situation (they have to), they paid up, and then dropped him. Needless to say, any quotes guy was looking for after that had to have been through the roof!

**Note to self - add water and dirt to inside of manifold when changing out with supercharger to take back to shop***
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #21
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
**Note to self - add water and dirt to inside of manifold when changing out with supercharger to take back to shop***
Lol... yeah i keep some in my glove compartment just in case...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I am with Tag... I'd want people to stop and look everywhere i go. If it is a sleeper, it looks just like every other Camaro out there and people would never know the difference except on those few occassions on the street that you get to use it.

For example, when I see a regular C6 Vette on the road I am like "that's a nice car" but if I see a Z06 I can't stop starring and am seriously in awe. Now if that owner, for whatever reason, decided to take the body panels off and put on regular C6 panels, then it would lose that magestic feel.

i am all about the badges!
I can see you liking that.
I've de-badged every vehicle I've owned since 1987 ... Nice and smooth
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I liked the sleeper look a while back. But, that was when I "got on it" a wee bit more than I should have. Yeah...people had the:eek: look on their face when I'd pull away. But, I've gotten to that stage where I don't let it loose like I used to on the roads. So, rather than show everyone what my sleeper really is by racing, I just like to let'em know I can dust them anytime I wish with badges.

It's like Casull said about the vette. I stare at the Z06 in awe of it's ... well...everything. It's a beautiful car. Then, I look at the C6 and think it's a really nice looking sports coupe, but it ain't the Z06.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
very true about the Z06 tag. such a beautiful car and so much more than what the C6 is.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Not trying to take away from the C6...it's a fantastic car. But everything about the Z06 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:33 AM   #26
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
TAG, I don't think you should be letting it loose on public roads! That's what you're supposed to be preventing right?! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ok my real thoughts are, "Smoke em if you got em". Tires of course!

I for one don't rip up the streets as much anymore either. Kids tend to make you more responsible.

z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
TAG, I don't think you should be letting it loose on public roads! That's what you're supposed to be preventing right?! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
But, I've gotten to that stage where I don't let it loose like I used to on the roads.
My LP is too easily recognizable and is easy to remember. No point in getting myself in trouble. I race it at the track if I want to.