Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #1
Owwoll’s V8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Question 5th gen - Need direction on recline rod/recline motor replacement

EDIT: I was able to get the rod out but it was so twisted that when I went to put it back in with a new motor, it destroyed the teeth and bearing where the hinges are (seat frame) so I’ll be buying a new seat lol. Huge thanks to V8 Only as I was stuck but this person took time out of their day to help me and responded right away! Means a lot to a newbie like me. Couldn’t figure out how to delete the post yet so I’ll leave it up for now with this edit, I couldn’t resolve the issue and is now beyond repair for me. Good luck!

Hi all -

I’ve been working on this seat for over a week now, at my wits end. ANY input is very appreciated!

This issue is similar to what V8only was working on, in thread years ago https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524270

One of the last pictures he sent was of the rod sticking out of the chair. HOW DID HE DO THAT??? Does anyone know what direction it comes out, away from motor or toward motor side? My rod is jammed in there thinking about getting a thin chisel and using brute force, secondary plan being to cut the rod and get the recline motor out and weld the thing back. Pics attached. Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by Owwoll’s V8; 10-24-2021 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Final update at top
Owwoll’s V8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, recline motor, seat, seats