Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Thumbs down Price Gouging Dealers

Ok, I get the impression that the majority of the general population thinks dealers salesmen/women are out to screw them over… So, I say lets start 2 threads and make them both a “Sticky”. The first thread is dealers that are going to sell every Camaro option offered at or below MSRP. The second being dealers that are price gouging their customers above MSRP just to make a quick buck.

This way our members and the thousands of individuals surfing the internet that cross our site, have a quick source on where to find a good deal on a new Camaro…

Criteria

Dealer Name:
Dealer location:
Dealer phone number:
Dealer website:
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I worry about the gouging issue as well. But there will be other muscle cars on the market that GM has to compete for market share with like the Mustang and Challenger. For the last 5+ years, the muscle car market has been a one car market (Mustang), thus people are forced to pay above sticker for the new Stangs and Shelby GT500s. That's only precedent. If the Camaro comes out as originally scheduled in '09 (my guess is sooner), they have to compete with the Stang and Challenger. Die hard, true blue Camaro guys are a smaller market than the average joe who just wants a sporty car and has no brand loyalty. Its the average non-commital people that GM has to sell the car to to make money. Maybe the gouging will be minimal. One things for sure, Ford won't be able to gouge folks for Mustangs and Shelby GT500s much longer.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
cornfay

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I worry about the gouging issue as well. But there will be other muscle cars on the market that GM has to compete for market share with like the Mustang and Challenger. For the last 5+ years, the muscle car market has been a one car market (Mustang), thus people are forced to pay above sticker for the new Stangs and Shelby GT500s. That's only precedent. If the Camaro comes out as originally scheduled in '09 (my guess is sooner), they have to compete with the Stang and Challenger. Die hard, true blue Camaro guys are a smaller market than the average joe who just wants a sporty car and has no brand loyalty. Its the average non-commital people that GM has to sell the car to to make money. Maybe the gouging will be minimal. One things for sure, Ford won't be able to gouge folks for Mustangs and Shelby GT500s much longer.
Regular mustangs and even regular GT's can be had for sticker or lower with ease. And its not Ford its the dealers responsible for gouging.

MODS-
FRPP Exhaust
Possible 40th Anniversary Package (when available)
cornfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfay View Post
Regular mustangs and even regular GT's can be had for sticker or lower with ease. And its not Ford its the dealers responsible for gouging.
Where I live up here in Canada, every single Ford dealer in town will try to charge you over MSRP on a Mustang GT. This was back in September. Mind you, Mustangs where I live are in short supply and few dealers have more than 3 of them on their lots. So supply is an issue where I live. Maybe different where you're at.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
AConn

Drives: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
I'm going to purchase my car through my credit union. They will negotiate the price and it should be a few hundred over invoice.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
Camaro Goon

Drives: No Camaro...yet.
If you want a dealer that you can trust and don't mind dealing out of state (if you don't live in Michigan, that is), check out Rick Daniel. I have a friend that bought a new Corvette from him (my friend lives in CA) and the whole transaction was flawless. No hidden charges, no mark up, no

I've already got my deposit down with him so I know I avoid any dealer gouging.

And no, I'm not a paid spokesman...
Camaro Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I would have never taken you for a spokesperson. Lots of people have said good things about Rick Daniel's. I might, but I don't particularly like dealing out-of-state.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #8
eR1c

Drives: 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo
Hey first post here, I found this site via a google search.

Anyway, I too want to buy a Camaro when they come out. However I would pretty much bet money on the fact that they will sell for above MSRP when they come out. I would guess that would last for about a year while they sell them to all the people who have to have them at any price. Then after those buyers all have their Camaros you'll begin to see prices drop. ...I'd guess prices will be at or just below MSRP by 2010. ....Look at the new Corvette's, the Lotus Elise's, Saturn Sky's, etc... any new "got to have" car is sold at MSRP or above. I tried to buy an Elise when they first came out, I said I wanted to pay MSRP, the dealer basically told me to take a hike. He wanted $10k above.
Anyway, I'll just enjoy my other cars til the camaro comes out!
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Welcome to the site

I believe that there is a thread that lists dealers who claim they will sell at msrp, of course these things are subject to change. Anyone that is giving good, or bad, deals will certainly be listed here.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #10
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
yeah i agree. we should have it up so if someone feels they are going to get "screwed" then they can just go to a dealer clser to them by finding some that we have posted on here.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #11
twigg107

Drives: 05 Subaru STi
go through the internet sales department.... You can save alot of hassle and money. When I was looking for a truck, all the dealerships I went to the salesmen would try to pressure me and over price their vehicles. I went to carsdirect.com and got quotes from 4 dealerships, they were all a hell of a lot better!

Hell when I bought my subaru STi, the salesmen tried to charge me $6k over the price they had in a autotrader that was sitting on his freak desk!!! 4hours later and alot of yelling, I walked out for $2k under what they had listed. What was sad, Their was a lady who bought a used/older WRX for more then what I got my STi for!!!
03 Chevy Siverado 2500HD
69 Chevy C-10 (bagged and bodydropped)
twigg107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #12
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
eR1c, I've been doing some research for where I want to buy mine when it's out. I have yet to find one in the bay area who knows NYTHING about the camaro. I might be heading up to Sac/Folsom area. I'll let you know what I find. Both my parents have been in the car business so all the dealer hassle will be bypassed and if needbe, I can always have either come with me to make sure it's a smooth transaction. I don't plan on paying more than MSRP depending on the price. Basically I'm gonna go in with a suitcase of cash and say, can we make a deal?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #13
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
let me know what you find down there in Cali. I wouldnt mind the drive at all if all I find are gougers here in WA
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #14
rid2win
The Deal Maker

Drives: Regal And Shadow 750
Thumbs up gougers

I'll let you know as soon as I here what is going on down here and it will be in stone. keeping my fingers crossed that there is no gouging at my dealership
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
let me know what you find down there in Cali. I wouldnt mind the drive at all if all I find are gougers here in WA
rid2win is offline   Reply With Quote