Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Very recently, it looks like at least a partial solution for some of these high-temperature problems has been found. It looks like the C&R oil cooler is the key.

From what I can understand, they offer a new oil cooler that replaces the OEM blower auxiliary heat exchanger (on the driver's side of the front facia). It sounds like blower cooling was not effected much eliminating the supplementary cooler. I believe the radiator on this Member's car was upgraded, but it wasn't thought it was too beneficial. The Member's car, last I heard, was running a Maggie 2650 and putting down about 700 to the tires. I bring up the power and combination because I imagine both have a relative effect on the kind of heat that is generated. So - it would seem, that if your combination is similar, you might find a solution.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:46 PM   #30
gcrusco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice3 View Post
There’s a forum member that has tested with the set up.

C&R have all the data a lot of logging and lots of information from labs from that customer at VIR. I’ve also talk to everybody from Mark Martin and R stands for race and several others. A secondary oil cooler resolves all the problems.

Being able to put it on the side and replace the secondary heat exchanger it is a huge bonus.

I had my headers done by header shield, they should ship to Jannetty Tuesday or Weds.

Heat is the enemy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going with with C&R setup replacing the secondary supercharger intercooler. If this doesn't fix my horsepower/pulling timing issue then looks like the lower pulley is getting removed for OEM.
gcrusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:50 AM   #31
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
Just as a response on my part I sent my car back to JRE. We focused on higher levels of efficiency in the package.

Katech heads titanium everything
JRE Terminator Cam
C&R Radiator
ATI Lower

I had my headers done by header shield. Look into the stuff they completely take out the heat from the engine bay. Also completely got rid of the cats.

Coated the midsection pipes.

Water and the super frosty stuff only.

Basically we took out about 6 pounds of boost and made 70 more wheel horsepower.

Slowing down the blower helped as well.

It was a good bit of money for not a ton of horsepower. However I was able to do as many laps as I wanted.

Sidebar; I would’ve done the C & R oil cooler but they just couldn’t get it to me in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:24 AM   #32
Jdzumwalt

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, the comeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSA View Post
Have you tried 100% distilled water? That will drop temps, but I don’t know by how much- have to test.

I wonder if the lower pulley is the issue. How much boost are you seeing on the first hot lap? Are you logging IAT2? I’d like to see peak straight speed on the first hot lap for your setup vs a car with full exhaust, porter blower, and a larger tb (but not pulley)..... and temps throughout the session with the no pulley setup.

If it’s a track only car, you could try removing the ac condenser. If you do, please report back with results. Same for distilled water.

Do not just run water. The water will boil and you will get hot spot and air in the cooling system. You can however run a lot of water wetter and water only.
Jdzumwalt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cota, oil cooler, track, zle