Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you want T-Tops on your new 5th Gen?
Yes 126 66.32%
No 64 33.68%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #43
shelbyGT500

Drives: 07 shelby GT-500
When you buy a car with t-tops i hope you would expect a little moisture here and there even if its brand new.We are not talking 70K cars here.

Personally i love t-tops but i dont feel they belong on the new generation.A Corvette style removable roof would be easy,cost effective, and be a great idea in my opinion. I think the camaro would "look" cleaner without it but I think it should be available for the people like myself who would love the option.Not too many corvettes are sold without removable roof except the z06.................
shelbyGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #44
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyGT500 View Post
When you buy a car with t-tops i hope you would expect a little moisture here and there even if its brand new.We are not talking 70K cars here.

Personally i love t-tops but i dont feel they belong on the new generation.A Corvette style removable roof would be easy,cost effective, and be a great idea in my opinion. I think the camaro would "look" cleaner without it but I think it should be available for the people like myself who would love the option.Not too many corvettes are sold without removable roof except the z06.................
Totaly agree with you on that one that is the only possible way they could have anything like t-tops on the new camaro just does not work or look good
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

Agreed as well. I would love a removable roof panel and no t-tops. IMO, t-tops would look rather odd on the coupe. Now, there are a lot of t-tops that don't leak. My Z28 had a leaky drivers side t-top. My V6 t-tops never leaked and my current SS t-tops have yet to leak. But let me tell you, I must have had GM change out the damn seals on the drivers side t-top (Z28) like 5 or 6 times. That **** was driving me nuts. Here it was raining and I had a steady stream of water coming in on the back of the top (was driving back from Houston w/ friends) dripping into the back. It was NOT COOL. And, it's not like you can just put something to up there to block the water from coming in while your driving at hwy speeds. You just take it and try to pull over somewhere to plug it up or something....that sucked pretty bad.... and in light rain, it was .....drip....drip....drip....drip....

Thanks for continuing to express your opinion.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:09 AM   #46
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:

Yep - there were also the non-Z06 FRC (Fixed Roof Coupe) cars that rolled off the line for a couple of years
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #47
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
(If they were so popular towards the end, the car companies would still make them. They were probably expensive and caused many hassles come time to service the leaks that many people had.)

No not true the Camaro's and Firebirds were the only cars that had them and they were a option with them right up till 02 when the stopped making them. I am just saying it became part of the Camaro's heritage and they might not make them for these camaro's but maybe one day they will bring them back again. That is all I am saying.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #48
Calvinball

Drives: 98 Grand Prix GTP, 99 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
T-Tops are 70s & 80s Technology. There is no place for them on anything made after the original Van Halen broke up IMO
Calvinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #49
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
T tops rock!!!!! But I don't think it's something for the 5th Gen...
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #50
DGOETZ

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Not only no, but hell no !

The T-Top is dead, now a Targa Top like the Corvette would be nice not sure how though.
GM - Power Antenna, 35th Anniversary Front and Rear Lettering
SLP - CAGS
DGOETZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #51
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
I can't believe how many people hate t-tops, if it was an option on a 5th gen it would be the first box I would check (after the biggest engine of course). I really wouldn't be bothered by a removable top but to be able to open up the top of your car without having a convertible is one of my favorite things. I cannot stand that I do not have them on my Z and enjoy the crap out of the time in my cousin's SS with the tops out. Why not offer one of them (t-tops/targa) as an option and get it if you want it on your car. When I think Caramo, I think t-tops also, I don't care that its 70/80's "technology". With all their knowhow, I am sure something could be done to update it but for a price...
bprange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #52
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprange View Post
I can't believe how many people hate t-tops, if it was an option on a 5th gen it would be the first box I would check (after the biggest engine of course). I really wouldn't be bothered by a removable top but to be able to open up the top of your car without having a convertible is one of my favorite things. I cannot stand that I do not have them on my Z and enjoy the crap out of the time in my cousin's SS with the tops out. Why not offer one of them (t-tops/targa) as an option and get it if you want it on your car. When I think Caramo, I think t-tops also, I don't care that its 70/80's "technology". With all their knowhow, I am sure something could be done to update it but for a price...
My only problem with them is that they may not look right on the new 5th gen. I love t-tops as well and would love to have them on the 5th gen as long as it looked right. With the new design not being a hatchback, I doubt that would happen though.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #53
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Its not that we hate them, my IROC has them, it is just that we have been told that IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #54
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
How would everyone feel about a sunroof??
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #55
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
IMO Vert > t-tops > sunroof > coupe in general. With the 5th gen, i am still skeptical about the looks of t-tops, but i would DEFINITELY spend money on a sun roof
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #56
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
If it's my only option I'll get it. But I'd much rather have TTops.

And, as I know I've stated before, the sunroof had better be an oversized one that takes up a LARGE area of the roof. Something similar to the G6's multipanel sunroof.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote