Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Headroom

In seeing all these extra side shots, and other assorted pictures/videos, I'm starting to get concerned about headroom.

I love the look and pedigree of this car, but I'm 6' 5", and I'm growing more and more wary of space issues. And if they do raise the roofline, what that in turn will look like.

It saddens me quite a bit because I know I can fit comfortably in the new Mustangs, and Chargers, but none of the old versions of those cars, nor the last few generations of camaro...any speculation?

- Z

/And if anyone has any 'shops of what the car would look like with the speculated raised roofline that would be awesome.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I think at 6'5", you'll be OK. The roof, from what I gather, will be raised about 12 mm.

I sat in it (5'11") and there was plenty of room! Also, Scott S. sat in it, (I believe he's at least 6') and he looked pretty comfortable as well.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
IToldYouSo
Banned

Drives: 2005 corvette z51
dude dont worry about headroom. you sit low in camaros any ways. now a pontiac solstice you dont have any head room in it at all if your a big guy. headroom isnt going to be an issue.
IToldYouSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Oddly enough when the car came out(solstice) and there were all those reports of the aerodynamics of it and such, I went to go see if I could fit in one...

I can reach the pedals sitting on the back of the seat, and the top of the windshield is roughly at my stomach. Wasn't a very happy experience.

- Z
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:52 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I would guess head room could have been an issue seeing as though they raised the roof. Maybe they raised it due to possibly making the trunk opening larger. At least I think they had to make it larger. Either way, I'm sure some of the GM guys have to be tall and sat in it. I'm sure that was brought to the table. We'll fit in it fine.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote