The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 11-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Pollickjp

Drives: 3LT all option minus competi seats
2300 miles ENGINE REPLACEMENT

Had torque tube replaced then several other visits to George Moore Chevy to completely refill rear diff and tranny and fix dual mode exhaust then car stalled 3 times in 2 miles....48h later GM puts out bulletin crank shaft end play can cause stalling leading to rough restart since crank walking forward losing signal with drivetrain and shutting down engine...dealer had to removed new torque tube to measure crank end play and mine was at 0.001..out of tolerance requiring new engine from factory...ANYONE ELSE HAVING STALLING ISSUES????? still have NOT had my calls/emails returned by DEALER OWNER...only people willing to resolve were GM district managers who seem genuinely sorry and want to helpful...Not sure if torque tube affected crank or other way around but sounds LIKE A SYSTEMIC PROBLEM WITH DRIVETRAIN!!!!!
Pollickjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Get in touch with a district manager and ask for a new car already.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
killascrimp

Drives: 14 z51
Dude I don't under stand how a guy w a few paint flaws got his car sent back to B.G for a complete fix from the factory, and you have had so much wrong w your car cant get any help. Its not right, my car has been in the shop twice and still has a sh!tty paint job, but your car should be replaced...I would be on the phone w somebody higher up the ladder, not a kid that picks up the phone for customer care.
killascrimp is offline   Reply With Quote