Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #15
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
i have a nutty idea, how about door handles similar to the 3rd gen cars and most doors of gm cars from late 70s to late 80s .
Are you talking about the lift type door handles? If so I will pass, I never liked those things, especially in the winter as the ice and snow would make them very difficult to operate. If it came down to that, I would rather just keep the pull type handles the gm vehicles have now.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I wonder how much it would put me back shaving the door handles. Personally, I want'em like the vette. If they are all jacked up and look bad, I might have to see what I can do there.....will prolly cost a wee bit too much, though.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I wonder how much it would put me back shaving the door handles. Personally, I want'em like the vette. If they are all jacked up and look bad, I might have to see what I can do there.....will prolly cost a wee bit too much, though.
My guess is that that would be a fairly expensive procedure if you had someone do it for you as it requires some substantial fabricating.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #18
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Are you talking about the lift type door handles? If so I will pass, I never liked those things, especially in the winter as the ice and snow would make them very difficult to operate. If it came down to that, I would rather just keep the pull type handles the gm vehicles have now.
well they are still a lift style, they are just more flush now, i know the ones on my monte are a lift style. I just think they should make handles SIMLIAR to those on the 80s camaro. I saw one guy who had a muscle car and the door handles looked strange, i aksed the guy he said they were off of a PT Cruiser which have chrome handles with a push button below the handle. that would be another way to go if you ask me .
Old 03-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #19
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I still think they should go with the vette door handles. They are smooth and sleek
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote