The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 10-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #15
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
This dealership is arrogant... what a joke. Asking $10,000 over MSRP for the red 2LT Z51 CF-roof they have today. Same for the LB Premier Edition. I'd pay sticker but not 10K over wity hard earned moolah... they wouldn't budge even with 64K in their face for the red one.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
Don't forget about the carbon fiber or dual roof pkg's that are on constraint too guys. And the Z51 constraint is expected to last 3-4 months. I've had close to 40 C7's come in over the last 2 wks and over another 50 orders go through but no Z51 orders the last 3 weeks. Only regular models have been getting picked up. I've had a few clients cancel their orders and wait for the '15 models because of this Z51 constraint crap.
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
jefftriman

Drives: 2014 CGM Z51, 64 Lemans, 65 GTO
I walked into a local dealer yesterday and he had just placed his 3rd allocation order the day before. I asked him what I needed to do to order a Stingray and he was able to cancel his previous allocation order and place the order for my CGM 2LT Z51,carbon dash, when do you think it will arrive? I live in Colorado so I don't mind waiting 6 months
Thanks,
jefftriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
LFish

Drives: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3, 2014 StingRay
Received the following from FAQ@chevrolet today regarding my Z51 convertible order (1100 status according to Becky)
Thank you for contacting Chevrolet regarding your 2014 Corvette Stingray order. We apologize for the delay in our response. We have received a large number of inquiries since our recent shipment announcement. We are working as hard as we can to provide the latest updates.

We are looking into have the z51 package available for the convertibles in late November. The 2014 Corvette Stingray convertibles are scheduled to arrive in dealerships late Quarter 4 of 2013 or early Quarter 1 of 2014.

As we indicated in the press release, we have built nearly 1000 Stingrays, and we are using facilities in Nashville to expedite the process. Once the review for each vehicle is completed, the vehicle will be shipped directly from Nashville to the dealer. We do not have an estimate we can share on the amount of time a particular vehicle will spend in Nashville.

Please understand our number one priority is to deliver the greatest, highest quality Corvette Stingray -- to every dealer, to every customer, every time.

We appreciate your patience and recognize the high amount of anticipation for the 2014 Corvette Stingray.

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!
Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
LFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #19
Stingray
just can't get enough

Yup... considering the Z51 constraints through November, count on minimum Dec2013 - Jan2014 to see a VIN produced especially for a convertible.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I was told 4 months or more from my dealer yesterday. If it keeps going, I'm going to pull the deposit and wait on the next model year, or at least long enough to grab one for less than MSRP.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
Stingray
just can't get enough

^ I agree with that... if you end up having a lengthy wait, say at least 6+ months, then might as well holdout for discounts/incentives next year or even when the 2015 specs are announced (by summer next year?) and then scoop up one of the remaining '14 models by next fall.