The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If it actually does come to that 485 number I'll be impressed. Never been a big fan of the bullitt though. This one looks better than the last gen.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #30
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
oops I did mean to say I6. I just saw a video on one of those falcons.

But someone at Mustang6G.com spoke to a higher up at Ford after the Mach 1 teaser and it turns out that it will be an All-electric vehicle, not a hybrid. However, there’s still no clarity on it being used as an SUV name as well. The Mustang forum is quite furious, as am I. I have liked every Mach 1, and an electric Mach 1 would be blasphemy.
I dont understand the outrage. Times change and we adapt.

It's a very marketable name. Using it on this... SUV? (or will it be a CUV?) will undoubtedly give it a lot of media attention and thusly a ton of potential buyer attention.

Either way, I'll wait to see it before I make any judgement calls.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
That's for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #32
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
The Bullit mustang looks cool and I honestly dig it, but it’ll probably cost $47,000. Paying that much money for a Mustang GT is absurd in my opinion. I’d rather spend the
Money on a Scat Pack Challenger If Performance numbers are off the table.
$55k minimum + ADM and no A10 option.

No thanks.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:13 PM   #33
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
$55k minimum + ADM and no A10 option.

No thanks.
Yep guaranteed to be slower than a GT PP1 with A10, despite the power bump. They should have covered the rear quarter panel glass too like the '68.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #34
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I don’t like it. I know ford could care less, but I just don’t. I like the Challenger, and some past Mustangs, but not this gen. Of course I don’t like the 6th gen Camaro either.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #35
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Great commercial with hot chick and stick. We need more Camaro Janet commercials.

https://youtu.be/8QXYsuGzEfc
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #36
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I dont understand the outrage. Times change and we adapt.

It's a very marketable name. Using it on this... SUV? (or will it be a CUV?) will undoubtedly give it a lot of media attention and thusly a ton of potential buyer attention.

Either way, I'll wait to see it before I make any judgement calls.
I would be pissed off that Ford put out the 460 HP GT just to put out a 475 HP Bullitt a few months later. All the people who would have preferred/bought the Bullitt but settled for a GT out of not knowing the Bullitt would be released just got screwed royally man. I don't know why Ford plays these games.

I remember saying back in 2016 that Ford would be the first of the Big 3 to put an electric engine in a Muscle Car. And I also said they would be the first to drop V8s altogether. LOL. Looks like they just got partially snipped.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:53 AM   #37
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I would be pissed off that Ford put out the 460 HP GT just to put out a 475 HP Bullitt a few months later. All the people who would have preferred/bought the Bullitt but settled for a GT out of not knowing the Bullitt would be released just got screwed royally man. I don't know why Ford plays these games.

I remember saying back in 2016 that Ford would be the first of the Big 3 to put an electric engine in a Muscle Car. And I also said they would be the first to drop V8s altogether. LOL. Looks like they just got partially snipped.
I think that the Mustang faithful who would be interested in Bullitt may have already been inclined to wait. Its comeback has been rumored since at least 2015. And with 2018 being the 50th anniversary of the movie and the original car, and coinciding with the redesign, it all comes together to "if there's gonna be a Bullitt, it'll be 2018". I expected it would just be a "paint & tape GT" package, much like the H50 Camaro Fifty is a paint & tape 2LT / 2SS package. And that's not a dig, seeing as how I have one.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I think that the Mustang faithful who would be interested in Bullitt may have already been inclined to wait. Its comeback has been rumored since at least 2015. And with 2018 being the 50th anniversary of the movie and the original car, and coinciding with the redesign, it all comes together to "if there's gonna be a Bullitt, it'll be 2018". I expected it would just be a "paint & tape GT" package, much like the H50 Camaro Fifty is a paint & tape 2LT / 2SS package. And that's not a dig, seeing as how I have one.
Well said, and 15 hp is easily made up for anyone buying the GT by just adding the same exhaust the Bullitt has. It's not like there is a huge gap between the two there.

I really like the Fifty stuff GM did and the logo was killer, but something performance wise would have been nice too. Or at least a return of the true Hugger orange.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #39
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well said, and 15 hp is easily made up for anyone buying the GT by just adding the same exhaust the Bullitt has. It's not like there is a huge gap between the two there.

I really like the Fifty stuff GM did and the logo was killer, but something performance wise would have been nice too. Or at least a return of the true Hugger orange.
Agreed about the Fifty. Love the interior touches, but....
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

The Bullitt has always had a slight power bump over the regular GT, so people shouldn't be to pissed. IF anything if History follows suit that means we should see the 5.0 increase to 475 after the Bullitt run is done.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #41
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
That Bullitt is going to be awfully pricey. Any new specialty Mustang with a HP bump always comes with a significant dealer markup.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #42
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

The Bullitt is getting extra power from the GT350 intake manifold, intake assembly and throttle body.

That's why I'm thinking it'll make more than 475 HP, probably closer to 485. Torque should see a slight bump too..probably to something like 425 TQ.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote