The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
Swimmatte

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible with RS
No Longer Speedless in Maryland....

Hello all! I just bought my first American car since 2003 when I got rid of my first ever vehicle, a Wrangler. I had that thing from when I was 16 until 21, and that started a streak of a new (all but two were used) car every year or two. I went through 10 cars in 14 years, but I'm hoping if I put enough work into this it'll stay in my driveway longer. For years, even until about two months before I bought it, the Camaro was never on my radar. Without ever actually sitting in one, I bad mouthed it because I thought the windshield was too small from top to bottom and there would be no visibility. Now that I have one, I don't think thats the case. To be honest, I had no idea about the power in a stock SS. I was looking at Mustang GTs until I saw a comparison and I was sold on the SS. I started searching cars.com using a 500 mile search radius. My requirements were 2011-2013, 2SS, RS, Black/White, LS3, >50,000 Miles of Bethesda, MD, which is where I live. Working in the car business, I also wanted to buy from a dealer only. I ended up making an offer of $17,000 out the door, with MD T&T, which is a selling price of around $15,700, and shockingly, it was accepted by a dealer in upstate NY. I booked a one way flight that night for the next day and went up and drove home my Black on Black 2012 2SS with RS PACKAGE, LS3, Convertible. I wasn't looking for a convertible, this one just happened to be one. Since my first drive, it's been a love affair, so much that my fiance is jealous as hell and hates it. I did my first mod two weeks after I bought her. That was a CAI Cold Air Intake I bought from a guy on here. Since that, I've really started accumulating as many mods as I can. Besides the CAI, I've installed and/or bought OBX Headers (the forum changed my mind from Pacesetter and I ordered last night), Stainless Works Hi-Flow Cats, BTR Stage 4 Cam. Blacked out side markers, Carbon Fiber wrapped Bowties, Carbon Fiber wrapped gas door, Switched Fogs to LED, Made DRLs Fogs, Swapped interior bulbs to LED, added a bunch of LED strips to the interior, replaced Boston Acoustic speakers to a full kicker system

So, my question is, does anyone that lives in the DC/Maryland area have a shop they recommend? I love doing my own work, but unless someone that knows what they're doing wants to help do it with me, I would need to have a shop do my Cam install as I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to that. If there is someone out there that wouldn't mind helping then I could either throw some cash their way, or I could supply the beer. I installed a new Borla exhaust Cat Back on my RX-8 without problems, so I'm pretty sure I can handle the rest myself but the last thing I want to do is trash my motor.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but I'm glad to have found you guys and look forward to meeting the locals...... Anybody here from Montgomery County, MD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swimmatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
hmmmm...bit cold right now but doing your cam would give me something to do...and extra $$ is always nice.

if you are serious we need to talk about a tuner..I use dynoSteve and he can have a tune ready to go once the work is done. then meticulous inventory after thoroughly discussing what you want vs what you can spend..

I have worked on my own vehicles for over 30 years(yikes) and have done all of work on my ride per my sig...doin your cam would be fun.

you have a heated garage? my old bones can't stand this cold lulz...
Old 01-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
HorsePowerAddicts

Drives: LSx Powered
Congrats on the new purchase,
We are located right up I95 in Wilmington De. We here at HPA have done hundreds of cam installs and tuning on the Camaro platform,

Feel free to give us a call or pm us and speak to one of our sales techs to get you the right parts and find out what your goals are for the vehicle.
HorsePowerAddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #5
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #6
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welcome!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote