Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #85
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Lease a Charger kat for a month and race him in that?
Old 07-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #86
phalkonvee

Drives: 2004 cts-v
Go around a corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phalkonvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #87
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRED View Post
I read through this whole post and only one person mentioned nitrous, why is everybody so afraid of the laughing gas?

You wanna win with bolt ons? Go get a cold air intake, a set of long tube headers with offroad pipes and cutouts, a ported throttle body, a tune, a set of good drag tires, a set of skinnies, a good set of front and rear suspension for drag racing, a good torque arm, a hefty shot of nitrous, and pray your clutch and rear end hold together.

However, if you're on a budget and have to win... spray, spray, spray!!! Get a window switch so you don't spray off the line and smoke your tires.

I had a very good friend in Jacksonville Florida that sprayed a 1986 Dodge Omni and ran low 11's with nothing else done. He made over 20 passes at Gainesville Raceway that I witnessed and more street passes than I can count and didn't break. I'm pretty sure you can spray ur dad for a couple of track passes.
Best response yet! But now the question is how bad is nitrous for my car?
ClarityCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:32 AM   #88
derklug1

Drives: 2016 GT350
Bungi cord, attach it to his rear bumper and to the front of yours. Will sling you past him at the long end.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:02 AM   #89
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Also starting the Mods to my ZL1 to catch a couple friends of mine but also to make sure I'm not blown away by a random Hellcat or GT500 or a few other commonly built up street cars. Here is what I'm looking at so far;

SS long tube headers
Catless connection pipes
CAI & scoop
Cam Motion stage 2 cam
Pully set 18%
850 injectors
BAP
Heat exchanger
Ported TB
And a tune.

From the homework I've done that will give me a fighting chance with a decent set of drag radials at the local Friday night drags. Good luck OP and when anyone asks why I'm modding ky car I just tell them "I don't mind losing but I hate getting blown away."

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:45 AM   #90
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post

It's not bad for your car, but it has to be done right. There is a whole section of this forum dedicated to things like nitrous. The problems arise when people spray too big of a shot without upgrading other components.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #91
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
It's not bad for your car, but it has to be done right. There is a whole section of this forum dedicated to things like nitrous. The problems arise when people spray too big of a shot without upgrading other components.
What section? Also I would love to read more into the laughing gas but can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe I'll let the pros at Texas speed handle it
Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #92
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
It's under the forced induction section which is not quite intuitive but what can you do...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36064

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #93
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Just freakin' race him and then you'll know! If you lose, do some mods until you beat him... then we'll all know.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #94
thunderkyss

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS/RS M6
If he lets you win, then you'll know he loves you. If he spanks that azz... get a DNA test.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #95
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
Just like the others said, it's not bad, even in high doses. Your car needs to be built for it if you're gonna do a big shot. Drive line parts start to go before your engine will. If you've got a competent shop available and the means to do it, have them build it for you. Build a two or three stage system if possible. Nitrous will get you where you need to be, best bang for the buck.

You should watch Street Outlaws on Discovery. A guy named Dady Dave runs low 6's or maybe 5's in an S10 truck on just nitrous
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #96
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRED View Post
Just like the others said, it's not bad, even in high doses. Your car needs to be built for it if you're gonna do a big shot. Drive line parts start to go before your engine will. If you've got a competent shop available and the means to do it, have them build it for you. Build a two or three stage system if possible. Nitrous will get you where you need to be, best bang for the buck.

You should watch Street Outlaws on Discovery. A guy named Dady Dave runs low 6's or maybe 5's in an S10 truck on just nitrous
I watch that show all the time I have a performance show in Seminole only about 30 min from me I'll see what they can do for now that's what I'm going to do and that'll be my best option to beat him this weekend.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #97
tigerfa1

Drives: Camaro SS 14
Need to beat my dads hell cat

Go on a track course and train to learn the cars behavior a little bit or (extreme) and he has no chance! Drag race 1 on 1 is shit in this constellation (you will loose). And how it is you describe, your dad has a lot experience on the drag strip, but course? That's the only way to get him.
Everybody can go in a straight line with enough power!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk
tigerfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #98
tigerfa1

Drives: Camaro SS 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Just freakin' race him and then you'll know! If you lose, do some mods until you beat him... then we'll all know.

And exactly this

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk
tigerfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote