The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
NEW CAR COMING

Being that I still have half ownership of the Camaro and I pay for the insurance, I'm keeping it cause my girlfriend's brother owns the other half. Why I'm getting a new car is because two weeks ago the Taurus got hydrolocked while I was going from my place down to a college in St Mary's County. When I ended up going south of DC, I ran into what I thought would be a brief rainstorm, but then it started raining really hard that it sounded like there was hail coming down. I then ran over a big puddle that I noticed but tried to dodge but there was somebody in the lane next to me, and the next thing I know, my engine shuts off. I then pull over to the side of the road with the hazard lights turned on, in highway traffic. Then, an hour later a car came by and asked if they could do anything, and I explained to them what happened. They didn't do anything, and so they left, and I called a tow truck, who later took the car to the nearest repair shop. At the time, the repair shop we took it to, which is located in Waldorf, was closed, so we left the key there and I gave them my number.

The next morning I get a call from a person who works there and he said it was a hydrolock, and the engine was severely damaged, and possibly replaced. I then used my cousin's S3 to get to the shop, cause I didn't have the Taurus. They then told me they could try to replace it or they could just consider it a total loss. I told them to try to fix it or replace it. After I left I called my insurance, who had been keeping in touch with me about the situation. They said they'd talk to the auto shop that the car was at while it gets fixed. A few days later the insurance called again and said the auto shop couldn't fix the damages cause it was that severe, nor were they able to source an engine. So they classified it as a total loss. So now my car is totaled, I can't get that out of my mind, and so I have to go driving around in my cousin's car, driving him crazy. A few days later I went to take out all the stuff from the Taurus, so that the insurance could take possession of it, meaning I have to stuff it all in my cousin's tiny little Audi S3, which is way smaller than what the Taurus was.

I then looked into different cars, and after reluctantly thinking about the Camaro, I decided to not get another Camaro and to instead get something that has both performance and luxury combined. I looked at several performance/luxury sedans and coupes, and then looked at one that really enchanted me. Yesterday I placed an order for a 2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 S coupe, I'll place pics in the post until it comes in.
Attached Images

Cars owned:

-2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6-speed (Jan 2016-present time)
-2012 Ford Taurus SHO 6-speed AUTOMATIC, NOT MANUAL LIKE THE CAMARO (July 2016-August 2017)
-2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (December 2017-present time)
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #2
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
That's quite the step from a Taurus to an amg lol.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
yeah, my 92 corola broke down last weekend, decided to get an audi R8 to replace it.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
kidding aside, that's a sweet car, nice choice.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #5
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
These cars are amazing and I wish I could have one but only if they had a manual version. Unfortunately that's not the case so that's a sacrifice I have to make now. I'm glad that you can enjoy that beauty though!
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:12 AM   #6
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
yeah, my 92 corola broke down last weekend, decided to get an audi R8 to replace it.

I'm still trying to make sense of "going in halves" on a car with someone else. ...Especially family.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
My ultimate dream car in terms of luxury, performance and looks would be an Aston Martin. V12 with a 6 speed. I don't care who you are, or what you think the best car is....when you pull up in a black V12 Vantage, with the nicest suit of all time on...nothing will match that.
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
My ultimate dream car in terms of luxury, performance and looks would be an Aston Martin. V12 with a 6 speed. I don't care who you are, or what you think the best car is....when you pull up in a black V12 Vantage, with the nicest suit of all time on...nothing will match that.
Preach. I'd love a DBS in British Racing Green.

OP you may notice the space difference. But they are about the same power wise so don't go challenging anyone at stoplight races

Good luck with the car! Glad you're out of a Taurus lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Beautiful, really diggin the lines of the new C class coupes

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #10
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Damn, now I'm sitting here day dreaming about Aston Martins.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Several things about this post, mainly the 50% GF brother part, make me want to leave this here:

S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote