Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-03-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
How rare really is the collectors edition?

I'm sure others have thought this but how rare will the collectors edition really be? Currently there are 876 total ZL1's built, list is growing as time goes on of course. With 256 of those being collectors editions right now, the collectors edition is going to be the largest percentage of the group. Currently the numbers by colour are:

Panther Black: 256 (collectors)
Black: 187 (includes 1 - 1LE)
Nitro Yellow: 8
Radiant Red: 65
Red Hot: 42 (includes 1 - 1LE)
Riptide Blue: 35 (includes 1 Garage56 Edition)
Riverside Blue: 39
Sharkskin Grey: 111
Summit White: 87
Vivid Orange: 46

With the help of radiator, I plan to at the end of the build period get together a list of the different packages. Colour/body style/Transmission. Most of these colours are all more rare than the collectors edition it self, so its really just a badging and cosmetic "status" vs a limited build when comparing to these other schemes. I understand its a "collectors edition" and will always hold that name, but when the collectors edition is the most produced "colour/badging combo" of the trim level for that year, how "collectible" really is it vs the other combos? They are all as collectible in my opinion. Whats everyone's thoughts? Again not taking anything away from it, but 30 years from now what do you think will happen value wise?

**As discussed in this thread, the rarest packages for this model year will be the few 1LE's that get built, and the Garage56 edition. Will monitor those as well. Bumbleboy has already started on that as well in the sticky thread for collectors edition numbers**

Currently for my car, there are 65, 14 of those are a coupe with the manual. Of those 14 only 6 have PDR, and of those 6, only 2 have BCD, mine being one of them. 1/2 currently, and will be cool to have this information 30 years from now. Kind of what you hear now a days that there was only 65 of a certain colour 69 Camaro built way back when.

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531

Last edited by split_bumper; 11-03-2023 at 11:12 AM.
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:59 AM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
If you want rare, there are two 2024 ZL1 1LE cars that were built. Both to GM and probably will sit in the museum.

Both M6 and to differrent GM locations
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1G1FJ1R6XR0100097.pdf (153.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: pdf 1G1FJ1R61R0100022.pdf (153.5 KB, 99 views)
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:06 AM   #3
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Well they are only making 350 for the ZL1 so they are going to be rare across the Camaro production years. Chevy said they were only making 350 for the ZL1. For the other models, I don't think they have a limit.

I know people go off the 1 of X color for a certain year but people need to look at how many years that color was in production to really grasp how "rare" that color is.

Camaro production is actually ending very soon. The convertible is ending Nov 22 and the coupe is ending Dec 7. So we'll see how many more ZL1s they push off the lines, but I doubt that GM will produce another 100 before that time and thats not including the 350 Panther edition ZL1s.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
That Nitro Yellow will be the most rare color but I dont know if it will make a big difference on its future value. Rally Green is a one year color but IMO, it only makes it slightly more valuable and only to someone wanting that color real bad. I'm doing my part to make everyone elses RGM ZLE more valuable by racing mine into oblivion!
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:24 AM   #5
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
If you want rare, there are two 2024 ZL1 1LE cars that were built. Both to GM and probably will sit in the museum.

Both M6 and to differrent GM locations

Yes I agree. Or they went to someone special at GM lol. Either way very cool. We will have to wait and see what else pops up. The Garage56 will be a low run too, I'm not sure they will even get all 56 like they talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Well they are only making 350 for the ZL1 so they are going to be rare across the Camaro production years. Chevy said they were only making 350 for the ZL1. For the other models, I don't think they have a limit.

I know people go off the 1 of X color for a certain year but people need to look at how many years that color was in production to really grasp how "rare" that color is.

Camaro production is actually ending very soon. The convertible is ending Nov 22 and the coupe is ending Dec 7. So we'll see how many more ZL1s they push off the lines, but I doubt that GM will produce another 100 before that time and thats not including the 350 Panther edition ZL1s.

I see your point on the colours across the whole time span of that colour. I feel the model year being 2024 will hold a little extra value. Time will tell how many more get built, but like you said, between the remaining 100 or so Collectors, the Garage56 and any other allocated ones, anything over 200 more total may be a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
That Nitro Yellow will be the most rare color but I dont know if it will make a big difference on its future value. Rally Green is a one year color but IMO, it only makes it slightly more valuable and only to someone wanting that color real bad. I'm doing my part to make everyone elses RGM ZLE more valuable by racing mine into oblivion!

Yes that is what it appears like. Nitro Yellow will be the most rare colour for the ZL1 trim this year.

Old 11-03-2023, 10:27 AM   #6
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
I personally think the Garage 56 ones will be "more rare" than the Panthers. 56 vs 350 is easy math. Not saying the Panthers may not be rare, they will be a ways down the road(think 2014/2015 Z/28's), but definitely not as soon as the G56's in my opinion. Not likely that the "common" person could get one since the G56's are probably spoken for, but if I was looking for a new "rare" car..that'd be the one to go for.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:34 AM   #7
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
I personally think the Garage 56 ones will be "more rare" than the Panthers. 56 vs 350 is easy math. Not saying the Panthers may not be rare, they will be a ways down the road(think 2014/2015 Z/28's), but definitely not as soon as the G56's in my opinion. Not likely that the "common" person could get one since the G56's are probably spoken for, but if I was looking for a new "rare" car..that'd be the one to go for.

Yes you 100% correct. Between these and the few 1Le's made in 2024, those will be the rarest. I wonder what the mark up will be on them for anyone that wants one

Old 11-03-2023, 10:52 AM   #8
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
Yes you 100% correct. Between these and the few 1Le's made in 2024, those will be the rarest. I wonder what the mark up will be on them for anyone that wants one
Oh man....wouldn't even want to take a guess..TOO rich for my blood, but so were the ZL1 Panthers...which is why I chose not to get one. I go just as fast, handle and brake just as good with mine that I paid 67k for. I guess I could always wrap, paint the calipers, put the high wing on and get some badges to make it look like I have one??!!
Old 11-03-2023, 11:16 AM   #9
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
I'm sure others have thought this but how rare will the collectors edition really be? Currently there are 876 total ZL1's built, list is growing as time goes on of course. With 256 of those being collectors editions right now, the collectors edition is going to be the largest percentage of the group. Currently the numbers by colour are:

Panther Black: 256 (collectors)
Black: 187 (includes 1 - 1LE)
Nitro Yellow: 8
Radiant Red: 65
Red Hot: 42 (includes 1 - 1LE)
Riptide Blue: 35 (includes 1 Garage56 Edition)
Riverside Blue: 39
Sharkskin Grey: 111
Summit White: 87
Vivid Orange: 46

With the help of radiator, I plan to at the end of the build period get together a list of the different packages. Colour/body style/Transmission. Most of these colours are all more rare than the collectors edition it self, so its really just a badging and cosmetic "status" vs a limited build when comparing to these other schemes. I understand its a "collectors edition" and will always hold that name, but when the collectors edition is the most produced "colour/badging combo" of the trim level for that year, how "collectible" really is it vs the other combos? They are all as collectible in my opinion. Whats everyone's thoughts? Again not taking anything away from it, but 30 years from now what do you think will happen value wise?

**As discussed in this thread, the rarest packages for this model year will be the few 1LE's that get built, and the Garage56 edition. Will monitor those as well. Bumbleboy has already started on that as well in the sticky thread for collectors edition numbers**

Currently for my car, there are 65, 14 of those are a coupe with the manual. Of those 14 only 6 have PDR, and of those 6, only 2 have BCD, mine being one of them. 1/2 currently, and will be cool to have this information 30 years from now. Kind of what you hear now a days that there was only 65 of a certain colour 69 Camaro built way back when.
From a collector's standpoint, your math is not how that works. The Panther edition will be compared to ALL models year 6th Gen ZL1s by color and package. Therefore, it is the rarest of them all, but no one cares because its a weak package anyway.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:31 AM   #10
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
From a collector's standpoint, your math is not how that works. The Panther edition will be compared to ALL models year 6th Gen ZL1s by color and package. Therefore, it is the rarest of them all, but no one cares because its a weak package anyway.

I have since realized, yes people will look at it over the full sixth gen era. My mistake on that. I guess I was just comparing to model year 24. Same example could be said of the Z28's, or the 50th anniversary editions. Over the entire 5th gen / 6th gen those are more rare and stand out over just a certain colour in a certain year.

Old 11-03-2023, 02:45 PM   #11
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
These will never be a 69 Z/28 that cost 4k new and is 100k + now. These cars are being purchased by arguably 50+ year olds who have the financial solvency to drop that 100K, but not the fifty years to see it get to that 69Z type of metric. I would have thought my Gen 5 Z would be the one to own down the road, and it may be still for a variety of reasons but almost ten years after they are stiil going for under window sticker in most cases. The overwhelming majority of young people don't embrace cars like us Boomers- Gen X'ers, certainly not from a passionate standpoint.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 03:01 PM   #12
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
These will never be a 69 Z/28 that cost 4k new and is 100k + now. These cars are being purchased by arguably 50+ year olds who have the financial solvency to drop that 100K, but not the fifty years to see it get to that 69Z type of metric. I would have thought my Gen 5 Z would be the one to own down the road, and it may be still for a variety of reasons but almost ten years after they are stiil going for under window sticker in most cases. The overwhelming majority of young people don't embrace cars like us Boomers- Gen X'ers, certainly not from a passionate standpoint.
By the time these cars are possibly 50 years old, they may not even be able to drive on the street in tomorrow's world as they currently are.
Old 11-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #13
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post

I would agree. I would never expect these to increase in value that much, the price of these cars is already way over inflated. I am different when it comes to the passion and value than most my age I guess. I am 26, I have a 73 split bumper camaro, my dad has a 71 Z28 camaro, grandpa has an all original restored 55 chevy. I understand it but like you said its just not the same with todays generation.

Old 11-03-2023, 04:29 PM   #14
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I would agree. I would never expect these to increase in value that much, the price of these cars is already way over inflated. I am different when it comes to the passion and value than most my age I guess. I am 26, I have a 73 split bumper camaro, my dad has a 71 Z28 camaro, grandpa has an all original restored 55 chevy. I understand it but like you said its just not the same with todays generation.
Wait 25 years when UAE is still producing oil and gas, selling it to North America so when the wind doesn’t blow we can charge our electric toilets. They will buy up the all the cool soon to be classic ice guaranteed!
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote