Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
My Camaro was in an accident today... :(

Well, it's bound to happen and it did!

I was driving along today and someone's careless mistake caused me to smash up my new Camaro dammit! GGGGGRRRRR! I am so mad at this bonehead for just doing dumb s*&t that I can barely contain myself... here's what happened.

I was driving home with my son (6) in the back seat, 5 minutes after I had just told him to stop looking out the back window as it was not safe in case of an accident. Then suddenly, there was a minivan not 10 feet in front of me and I swearved to avoid him and smashed into him! I was driving down a boulevard doing about 40 Kms/hr, on the opposite side of the street there were many cars that were lined up at the red light for the intersection that I had just gone through as the light had just turned green. I was going southbound and the cars in the lineup on the other side of the street were going northbound. On the northbound side of the street from a driveway, a driver squeezed through the cars that had been waiting for the light to change and he crossed the SOLID yellow line to go southbound RIGHT in front of ME! From my point of view he basically popped out from betwen two cars to my left and placed his crappy Nissan Quest no more than 10 feet in front of me.

I slammed on the brakes and turned as much as I could to the right without hitting parked cars on my side of the street and *BANG* smashed into his front passenger quarter panel. CRAP! The airbags did not deploy and the ABS had been worked hard for under a second before I smacked into his junk heap. I checked on my son who was sitting upright with his seatbelt and I checked mine and we were both fine. It was a hard hit, but at a relatively low speed. I estimate that I came down from 40 Kms/hr to about 25 kms/hr before I actually hit him. The problem is that he literally appeared within 10 feet of my front end!

If you could believe it, he was about to leave the scene but a city worker that was in the lineup of vehicles in his truch on the northbound side of the street yelled at him along with me to stop, get out and wait for the police. I had immediately called 911 and asked for a police presence for a police report. I had the strong support of the city worked who had witnessed the whole thing, saw the guy cutting against stopped traffic to get to my lane and he had assumed that the idiot was going to consider that he shouldn't go into a lane that he couldn't see but it all happened so fast and the bonehead just went blindly out into the opposite lane, right in front of me.

The police came very quickly, took a full report and statements from me, the other driver and the city worker who was very much on my side as there was nothing I could have done in this situation. He mentioned to me what a shame it was to see such a fine car bashed up by such an asinine move on the Nissan Quests' driver's part. It's ironic that I had just washed the car for a baptism I am attending at church tomorrow morning. I guess we will take my wife's Honda Fit...

The Camaro now sits at Royal Chevrolet until it's all fixed up. The insurance is already advised and I have the police report in hand. I may just take the opportunity to install HID Halo's on my 2LT while it's in for repair. Anyone have any other ideas on how to turn this bad into a good?

Drive carefully and watchout for silly people that don't care enough about thier cars to not put them in careless danger! Here's to better days!

eB
Attached Images

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
MAn those dam vans
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I am so sorry for you and your unfortunate accident...:(

I'm glad you and your son are both ok, though...

What a sad sight of your poor, broken Camaro...

Hope it gets fixed up as good as new in no time...
Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
call me off topic but i love how the camaro feels like it has real human emotions. EG this one looks like its kinda sad/ in shock. iv seen camaros look happy, angry, and a bunch of other emotions as well

but ya, shi**y that had to happen man.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Camarodriver

Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Thanks, Prima Donna and all. I appreaciate the sentiments. I will certainly post the post-repair pix! eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 04-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #6
camarorick

Drives: .
I'm really sorry to hear about this Eric :( I'm glad you, and your son are ok ! You definitely need to become a defensive driver with this car... Too many times I see someone pull bonehead moves like that.

It doesn't look too bad... Looks like the front end suspension will need to be replaced on the drivers side, new fender, and a new fascia. They'll get it fixed up in no time
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
sorry man,it's a damn shame.glad no one was injured.just proves,you can't be too careful.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
So sorry to hear this. Glad everyone is ok. Hope you get your baby back soon.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Well, while she's in the shop, why not get a heritage grille? And paint those mudflaps to match body colour?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #10
Camarodriver

I went to see her today and she's actually going to be OK! The reflex to steer away from the car that appeared right in front of me worked to our advantage this time. There was no fram damage, no engine movement and only a suspension part the went from straight to curved into a C shape! This replaceable part is the most damaged part and this is great news, certainly. I may just replace the grill with the heritage and I am considering replacing the headlights for Halo-HID's... it all depends on the dealer's pricing.

Here are a couple of pix from today's visit to the Camaro hospital!

Take care ya'll!

eB
Attached Images

Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
that's a shame.....
Old 04-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
rodjonathanss

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS
glad to see its working out for u
rodjonathanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #13
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Glad to see it's all going to be fine

Even though it wasn't a caravan, I always say that people with a mini-van in general, dont care-about-their-van lol. They are some of the worst drivers.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #14
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
:(

So sorry about your accident! Something similar about happened to me the first week I had our car. There is a mall near where I live. The four lanes in front of the mall become six lanes. I put my turn signal out to get into the extra right hand lane that became available. I'm halfway beside this lady in a mini van who decides to come over into my lane w/o checking her mirrors and w/o a turn signal. She was on the phone and had a large drink in her hand which is why I wanted to get around her in the first place!!! She was driving 30mph in a 45. I slammed on the brakes so she wouldn't hit me. Stupid Biotch! Then I almost got rearended by the car behind me. If she would have hit me, I would have put her phone in an orifice in her body that it wasn't mean for. I have no tolerance for asshats like her or anyone else who talks on the phone while driving and who don't use their mirrors.

Stupid, irresponsible, non-paying attention bone heads are everywhere. I'm so sorry you hit one. I'm just glad you and your son were not hurt.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident, crash, smash