Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Gregwardocanibal

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro LS
Unhappy 2012 2LS Vs. A car.... a tree... a ditch...

So, This morning i woke up and went to school on the way there, wasnt paying attention as I took a gentle sloping right turn. As I looked up, I saw a car in the other lane heading right at me. I pulled hard right, and this happened.

now this doesnt look so bad, until you see it from this angle.

I hit the other car at an angle, and we sort of sideswiped each other. The two wheels hit each other, mine exploded off and his just got bent back. After hitting, his car went into a ditch and mine slid for a long time. Up a hill, into a yard, missed some trees, grazed another tree, then slid perfectly back down his driveway, across the same road and hit the ditch.

You can sort of see the path I made here.

from his driveway to the ditch. Now I know your wondering, YES everybody is ok. Someone up above was looking out for me. My question is, is the damage on my car enough to total it? Here are a few more angles from when they were towing it.

All my airbags deployed, and the front drivers side wheel is torn off. My door is all messed up, and the back driver's quarter panel is somewhat bent. The back is completely fine besides the rear diffuser being popped out. The front frame is surprisingly relatively unbent, with the majority of the damage to the front drivers wheel well. Anyone have a guess on the status of the car? I just want an idea of if it will be totaled or not. Comment with questions, I'll have more pics soon. :(:(:(:(:(

*****UPDATE*****
My car is officially totaled. Thanks everyone for the support and the advice.

Last edited by Gregwardocanibal; 05-01-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Gregwardocanibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
I would guess it's totaled. With all the bags popped etc, it's going to be a spendy fix.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
It's totaled.

This is why we don't give kids new cars. Glad you're ok. Next time PAY ATTENTION. Were you texting or screwing with the radio that caused you to look away?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Glad your okay. Was the other driver a crazy old man?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
2SSRSinNC
Apricot idea killer

Drives: '12 SW 2SSRS LS3 w/roof '10 Slade
Send a message via AIM to 2SSRSinNC
Looks toast to me - glad you walked away.
2SSRSinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Gregwardocanibal

No, he was an older guy tho I was just worried that he was ok, cars can be replaced people cant. And @Irocanss I bought the car myself. Btw, im 20 not 16 or something stupid like that where parents give you a nice car for free.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Totalled. Glad you are o.k.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
That's got structural damage. I'd be amazed if it wasn't totaled. You drive a really safe car, glad it proved itself to you.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Gregwardocanibal

yeah i'm actually surprised I walked too. Im fine, not hurt at all. The damage wouldnt have been so bad if I didnt wrap my drivers front quarter around a tree and hit 2 ditches. First one launched me up into the yard, last one stopped me from going into a field on the other side of the road.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregwardocanibal View Post
No, he was an older guy tho I was just worried that he was ok, cars can be replaced people cant. And @Irocanss I bought the car myself. Btw, im 20 not 16 or something stupid like that where parents give you a nice car for free.
Sorry.... Anyhow, As it reads, seems YOU were heading for the other car in the other lane. Not the other way around.

Who crossed left of center, you or the other guy? I assume you with comments like "I wasn't paying attention" and "when I looked up".
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Gregwardocanibal

yeah, it was 100% my fault, I crossed over and hit him. Thats why I posted I was ust worried about him, I feel bad seeing as it was my fault.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
yeah, it was 100% my fault, I crossed over and hit him. Thats why I posted I was ust worried about him, I feel bad seeing as it was my fault.
Bummer! You lucked out tho. Glad everyone is ok and you're taking it very well. You'll get a new car... Hope insurance doesn't hike.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
Looks totaled to me. Glad you are okay as well as the other driver. Just a reminder not to become complacent. It happens to all of us from time to time. No one is perfect.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
I've been there. The best lessons in life are learned the hard way. Take some valuable foresight with you when you walk away.

Tags
camaro, crash, dead, total, tree