Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Unhappy OUCH! My ABM dream got injured...

In the year that I have owned my Camaro, I have cherished every minute of it! I am one of the proudest parents in the world!
Every day with my car is just unreal! but I have had 2 small injuries in the last year to the back end of the car, which hurt both me and the blue kid, I still never got the last one completely fixed up to my standards either.
then this happens...

Late Tuesday night, I was out in the wet weather, heading North on 280 fwy, approx. 2 miles away from my destination, and being cautious and getting along okay, but literally half a mile from my exit for 92 towards San Mateo, I feel the tires let loose, and my traction is gone.
it lasted only a split second, I slowed down a few more mph, and proceeded to get over into the lane closest to the exit lane, and then out go the tires again, this time... it didn't hook back up.

The car hydroplanes and loses control, and starts to spin. It whips counter-clockwise and does a full 360, and I am trying to let it correct itself, but it only continued to spin, so I reluctantly attempted to correct the spin myself, to no avail.
As I spun around a 2nd time the car coming up next to me in the exit lane could not avoid me, and I braced myself for impact.
I feel and hear the crash into my rear end, then instantaneously the whole back end is up off the ground!
I slam back to the pavement, and come to an abrupt stop.
:(
I am shaking and my adrenaline pumping, but was left damaged in the middle lane of 280, (5 lanes wide at this area). It's 10pm.
I try and get my head together quickly, and attempt to start the car, and it rattles to a start. Sounding horrible, I decide to just limp my car to the nearest side of the road to avoid any further traffic.
I was now next to the wall just beyond the fast lane, and a little ways behind I could see the headlights of the car that collided with me, completely off the the other side of the fwy.

What are the odds I get hit by another Camaro?? A red 3rd gen. (Sorry buddy!!)

I decide who to call first, my good buddy Pyr0B0y, who comes to keep me sane, while I am waiting for assistance from CHP.
* Thank you OnStar for such quick response and pleasant service! (Yeah,
I pushed the infamous red button). ha.

At this point it's started rain again, and I can't do anything but wait,
and try and absorb. . . . . .
I don't even want to get out and see the damage... :(

Pyr0B0y comes around and is speaking with the CHP officer, I am feeling
physically pretty sound, but my mind and heart are racing.
They try to figure out how to get me over across the fwy to the opposite side to continue service, but mention that my bumper is barely hanging on,
and will scrape if I try and drive it over, so I consent to them just popping the bumper off completely before I move.

After the flares get set out across the road, I slowly make my drive to the other side, still about 300 yards in front of the other Camaro.
I asked if everyone else was okay, CHP told me the other car's passengers were generally unscathed as well. thank goodness.

I get assessed by the medic on scene, says he is pretty confident I will be fine, just sore the next few days, so sign my AMA form and that's that.
Then proceed to give the report to the CHP, and start trying to think of the next step, getting towed.
My baby is a mess. I just want to wake up and have this not be real.
:( :upset:

So the rest of the time we're waiting, and getting stuck in the super thick mud on the side of the road, waiting for everyone to finish up with reports, etc... by the time the other car gets towed off, all I could see was that the hood was pushed up, and I heard the front end was pretty much totaled, along with the driver's side panel. :(

As we wait in the rain and mud for nearly another 2 hours before I get towed, I assess the damage......
My bumper I was told was mangled pretty badly, and a whole nearly 5 foot section of my exhaust was nowhere to be found!
The crashbar was bent down, my trunk was cut into pretty good, and
we would have to wait to see the extent of the injuries until we got the car up on a lift and in the daylight.
The weight of the situation starts to sink in.... I am devastated and just numb. . . . . :(

I just have no clue where to begin on how to even start to go through this again, and this time it's far far worse than any time previous.

My dream car is down for the count...

I got the car towed to Blu808 for safe-keeping before it gets assessed by my insurance, I knew Luke would give it to me straight and not sugar-coat the severity of the damages.

I am absolutely in shock. Brokenhearted is such an incredible understatement, but it's the closest sentiment I can think of.

here are a couple photos from my phone... (does not really do it justice).

Sooo, I know it's a bit of a read, but just wanted to post to get some feedback and see what input people may have for how to deal with this.

Thank you for taking the time.

- Colleen.

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
I know how much this car means to you. It is truely your little kid! I'm so glad you were close to me so I could rush over there and help you out!

We got it over to Luke's and already have a place in SoCal we can get your car repaired and looking beautiful again.

And of course dont forget.........you can drive my car anytime

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
You are ok and that's all that matters. A real downer though, to say the least.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Damn...sad to see that.

P-Zeros?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Everything will be alright, rain is a nasty little bugger though. It hurts because you love the car so much. Completely normal. Sounds like you have real good friends round' San Mateo and I trust everything will be alright. You gotta remember that sht will happen but the important thing is that noone got hurt. Your car will be fixed. Just chill and try to do an activity that pre-occupies your mind. I wish you the best of luck, and take care. Cheers.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
That sucks man, glad you are and the other people weren't injured. How fast were you going? I've never managed to get the car feeling light in the rain.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
TC on or OFF?
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
That sucks dude glad ur ok. But im with the poster above how fast were u goin or were ur tires kinda worn out? I know ive driven in pretty nasty rain and never hydroplanned myself.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
tonio25

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to tonio25
Your car will be restored and renewed like new !! Your body and life are what's most important in this instance !!! Thank God your okay !!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So very sorry about your baby. I would be just as brokenhearted as you are. Needless to say, the most important thing is that you & other people involved are okay. I hope your permagrin is restored ASAP.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
That blows. Rain can be tricky if you're not used to it, or if it doesn't rain very often. The road can get real slick real fast. Didn't have cruise control on, did you?

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Glad to hear everyone is ok, I hope you get you car fixed soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #13
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
:'(

That is all,
Skylar.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Sorry to hear about this accident. Good thing is you are ok. Our cars can be fixed and that is why we have insurance.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abm, crash, rain, rear, wreck