Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Unhappy Damage estimate? :(

I was putting out of my garage (tight fit for my car) not going fast but i wasn't looking to much at where i was going because i was watching my cats and dogs to make sure i didn't hit them, apparently i cut it to early and hit the column that seperates the 2 garage doors. Shadoww (my car) lost the fight. Also my AACstyle side marker was involved and lost as well. I am taking my car to get an estimate tomorrow morning and will also be contacting Johnathan from AAC to ask how one side marker will be to replace. I have never been involved in a self inflicted accident like this before and was wondering how much you guys think it would be to have it fixed. It's gouged in there pretty deep and by the side marker it is bent in where the plastic bumper seems to have bowed in.
Any advice or anything would be great. I'm so frustrated right now. Name:  Damage.jpg
Views: 5724
Size:  404.7 KB

Name:  Damage2.jpg
Views: 4123
Size:  116.0 KB
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
BrandonB956

Drives: RS (11/15/10)
Sorry for your loss, I cant tell you a estimate . Although my brother did once do this in his lol stang.

I may be the only one, but in a odd way I think the pattern under that lighting looks kinda cool.

Nov.15th 2010 -- Check out my build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116235
BrandonB956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Relax bro. It will get fixed
I cant help you with an estimate though.

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
A volume-based shop will probably want to replace the bumper cover, and do a couple of hours of work on the fender, and they'll have to order a new set of side markers since you've swapped your for AAC units. If I had to ballpark guess, I'd say you're in it for $500-$600 depending on the price of the bumper cover and side markers.

On the plus side, you will probably end up with a bumper cover that matches the hood and fenders better than the factory bumper cover!
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
that sucks man!!

Hope you get her all fixed soon!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
I sadly have no advice, but this unfortunately just sealed the deal for me on NOT parking mine in the garage. I spent a good chunk of time yesterday rearranging my vehicles and some of the storage in the garage... and no matter what I do, the Camaro is just a bit too long and wide to fit in the space I have :( This definitely reinforces my purchase of a cover for outside instead.

Sorry for the damage! I hope someone on here can lend some advice and you get it fixed up soon!!

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
A volume-based shop will probably want to replace the bumper cover, and do a couple of hours of work on the fender, and they'll have to order a new set of side markers since you've swapped your for AAC units. If I had to ballpark guess, I'd say you're in it for $500-$600 depending on the price of the bumper cover and side markers.

On the plus side, you will probably end up with a bumper cover that matches the hood and fenders better than the factory bumper cover!
I still have my factory side markers. But you think it will have to be a new bumper cover?
My bumper cover doesn't have the fog lights right now should i get a bumper cover with fog lights since i was planning on having it installed later anyway?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
That will leave a sinking feeling in your gut....sorry to hear about this.
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
you could always hold out and get the ZL1 front fascia - my friend at my dealership says they're only going to be about 300 for the front bumper... but there's more on the inside that he didn't quote me so I'm not sure what the total would end up being - so don't quote me on the 300 >.>

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #10
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebabe View Post
you could always hold out and get the ZL1 front fascia - my friend at my dealership says they're only going to be about 300 for the front bumper... but there's more on the inside that he didn't quote me so I'm not sure what the total would end up being - so don't quote me on the 300 >.>
NO, NO, NO, NO

Save the performance looks for the performance model.

Also to the OP I know exactly how you feel I need a new rear bumper, my door has been keyed, dented.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #11
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
I know you can order just one marker from AAC, and you dont need to buy new cover they can repair it and paint the 500-600 is a good number might be a little higher depends on where you bring it too. I would get a few estimates and or opinions as I am sure it can be easlily fixed without buying anything new...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
1BADLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
I know you can order just one marker from AAC, and you dont need to buy new cover they can repair it and paint the 500-600 is a good number might be a little higher depends on where you bring it too. I would get a few estimates and or opinions as I am sure it can be easlily fixed without buying anything new...
It will all come down to the cost of the bumper cover. If they're $400 or so and the only place you can get one from is GM, then they might want to throw a couple of hours into repairing it.

Otherwise, if they know they can get away with throwing on a $150 aftermarket cover, and they've got a discount with their aftermarket parts supplier, then yeah, they'll probably just replace it.

If you wanted fog lights, I'd assume they'd wire right in, but you'd have to work it out with the shop to order the bumper cover for the fog lights versus non, and have them either order, or supply them with all the fog light hardware, or just have them leave the holes empty and you install the lights at a later time.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #13
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Wow, cheap estimates for sure!

$1100.00
  1. Estimate Of Repairs
Replace OEM Front Bumper (Cover Is Maligned Not Repairable From What I Can See)
R&R Time 1.5 Hours (Includes Fog Lamps, Upper Grill, Lower Grill, Shock Absorber, DRL Harness If applicable)
Refinish Time 1.8 Hours (Front Bumper)
R&I Lt Front Wheel Well Liner .2 Hours
R&I Lt Front Wheel .1 Hours
R&I Lt Front Side Marker .2 Hours
Repair Lt Front Fender 2.5 to 3.0 Hours
Refinish Lt Front Fender 1.4 Hours 2 Stage
Final Cut & Buff .2 hours
Replace New OEM CAMARO Emblem $35.96
New AAC Sidemarker $150.00??

Your lucky car is black, any other color you would have to start blending into panels if you want a decent color match. Black you never have to blend, BLACK IS BLACK!

Total Cost Reputable Shop $1100.00
Old 10-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
1BADLS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthestnorth View Post
Wow, cheap estimates for sure!

$1100.00
  1. Estimate Of Repairs
Replace OEM Front Bumper (Cover Is Maligned Not Repairable From What I Can See)
R&R Time 1.5 Hours (Includes Fog Lamps, Upper Grill, Lower Grill, Shock Absorber, DRL Harness If applicable)
Refinish Time 1.8 Hours (Front Bumper)
R&I Lt Front Wheel Well Liner .2 Hours
R&I Lt Front Wheel .1 Hours
R&I Lt Front Side Marker .2 Hours
Repair Lt Front Fender 2.5 to 3.0 Hours
Refinish Lt Front Fender 1.4 Hours 2 Stage
Final Cut & Buff .2 hours
Replace New OEM CAMARO Emblem $35.96
New AAC Sidemarker $150.00??

Your lucky car is black, any other color you would have to start blending into panels if you want a decent color match. Black you never have to blend, BLACK IS BLACK!

Total Cost Reputable Shop $1100.00
If it's an insurance repair, my guess is they'll write it for an aftermarket bumper cover if one is available and some new $35k/year adjuster is actually going to investigate if an 'LKQ' recycled bumper is available. lol

Are you really going to remove the wheel and liner, or mask it off (assuming R&I the wheel isn't necessary to remove the front bumper cover)?

What labor and paint/material rates are you using?

I work in healthcare, yet I know a thing or two about "reputable automotive repair shops" --in most cases, it means they produce estimates that make sure that everything on the car gets R&I'd, and painted twice. That's nice, but what quality of work are they putting out?

Tags
crash, damage, worst day ever