Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #113
gagliano7

Drives: gm
Well if they do the price gouging again like the did with the gto then it will be a no brainer for me i will buy a new corvette.
gagliano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #114
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
I don't see how any dealer can know anything about the price of these cars other then guessing. I've called 7 different dealers here in oregon and not a single one had any real idea what the final pricing would be cause GM hasnt told them yet and none would take any money down because of that. The only thing 1 dealer said was i can come in and put $1000 down when the cars are ready to order so they can make sure i get one with the color and options i want. And that 1k isnt added to the price.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #115
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^If you want to spend 1K to get in line and have that roll into the purchase...and don't mind not making the interest of that 1K in your own bank account, ...and it's fully refundable should you change your mind, go ahead and do what you want!

Personally, I won't put anything down on paper until GM does.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #116
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
No thats what I'm saying, it's only an advanced down payment once the dealer has the info from GM on the pricing and options and such. It isnt saving me a spot its just the first $1000 towards the car since they will have to order the car i want and not just go in and pick from what they have on site.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #117
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Working for a Chevrolet dealer, I get to buy mine at GMS (employee pricing) WOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #118
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Well other than the discounts they give to US Military, there aren't many other breaks I am likely to get on the car. Though from what I know, some of the Military breaks on GM cars are pretty good.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #119
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
Well other than the discounts they give to US Military, there aren't many other breaks I am likely to get on the car. Though from what I know, some of the Military breaks on GM cars are pretty good.
until september 30th this year you get supplier pricing plus rebates.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 AM   #120
blackgloves

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z/28
I was told by someone who probably didn't know what they were talking about and they said even military wouldn't get the discounts right after the Camaro came out.

Is this true or can I go up there right after they're available and order one with all the discounts?? (yes Im military)
blackgloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #121
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgloves View Post
I was told by someone who probably didn't know what they were talking about and they said even military wouldn't get the discounts right after the Camaro came out.

Is this true or can I go up there right after they're available and order one with all the discounts?? (yes Im military)
There are no military discounts on only the Vette right now. Every other Chevrolet vehicle has them though . GM Code: MP. I don't see why they wouldn't give it on the camaro, but I don't make the rules, Ed Peper does...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #122
blackgloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
There are no military discounts on only the Vette right now. Every other Chevrolet vehicle has them though . GM Code: MP. I don't see why they wouldn't give it on the camaro, but I don't make the rules, Ed Peper does...
this person I spoke too (some random Joe) said because everyone will want the new camaro there will be gouging and you wont be able to get the Supplier deal (military)

I just wanted to know if he was BS'n me or not. I want to buy mine at supplier and I want to get it right when I get back or shortly after (Feb of 2009) not real sure when the Camaro comes out, Ive heard different stories
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #123
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

You probably won't see a Camaro on the lot until the end of March/early April from what I've been told...Most dealers will be asking over sticker, but that's only an asking price. everything is negotiable, trust me. BTW, my sales manager is a NAVY boy, so if you're gonna be in South Florida, he may be able to pull some strings for ya...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #124
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I've got news for the dealers. With the way the car business is, and gas prices, they better get real.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #125
blackgloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
I've got news for the dealers. With the way the car business is, and gas prices, they better get real.
BINGO

and this former Navy boy now Soldier wont pay sticker. me and my money will wait till GM and their boys get their heads out of their asses. then Ill buy at supplier. Ive worked to hard to go blow all my money on a over priced car. I want one more than GM will ever know. But my momma didn't raise any fool
Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #126
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
www.gmmilitarydiscount.com

I can get a Z51 vette for 44k. MSRP is 51k. the discount is on everything on that site.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote