Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #1
Skyman2112

Drives: 2016 2SS blue velvet w/blk stripes
Question Dealer replaces battery, now its dead!!!

Hey group, my battery is completely drained after only 4 days. Reads 4.4 volts. This car has routinely sat for weeks at a time in the previous year i owned it and always started fine.
This all started when the dealer replaced my battery during an unrelated visit for a tranny flush. The dealer said it started slow 1 time and he could get me a new battery, so i figured cant hurt to get a free new one right? WRONG!!!!
This is the second time i had to take it to the dealer for this problem. The first time they couldnt find aything wrong even after hooking it up to a battery monitor for 2 days. This time i towed it on a flat bed so they could see how dead it is.
From what i read, it must be some kind of module staying on, maybe when they reconnected the new battery it fried one of the modules or something. Of course it only does it intermittently so its hard to troubleshoot. Anyone had any luck finding a module stuck on? Thanks for any advice!!
Skyman2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #2
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Yeah i hear you man had same issue but for me dealer wouldn't replace it so i had to buy my own, for my second battery it came close to dying so ended up taking it out and using a charger but besides that i noticed after putting my battery in my dash cam was still connected to my adapter not sure if these vehicles have that running constantly or not so ended up disconnecting while letting it sit and its been about a week and still has power but besides that my other guess was onstar anyways good luck hopefully you can figure it out.

Charger i've been using is: Noco genius g3500 (use cold/agm mode)
DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, dead battery, parasitic drain