The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications

Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
Emmdmd

Drives: 2015 Z06
Xpel - Any Thoughts?

I was interested in getting Xpel put on my Crystal Red C7. I was looking at the nose, leading edge of the hood, headlights, mirrors, fenders. It is not a daily ride, but NJ roads are know for being pitiful. Anyone out there have any bad experience with the product? Are the lines readily noticeable or does it blend it well? Any problems with yellowing/discoloration? Does the Xpel detail as well as exposed paint or will there be a noticeable difference? Thanks in advance for your input!
Emmdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
check out the velocity yellow page...I know one has it and it looks great. I'm thinking about doing the same thing....had mine 5 months and have 6 nicks already.....I sometimes think people see that C& behind them and they start driving on the shoulders and with the winter weather lately...it's like a freaking "sandstorm"....the Hwy dept put that's stuff down so thick it looks like the Sahara when the snow is gone
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Emmdmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
check out the velocity yellow page...I know one has it and it looks great. I'm thinking about doing the same thing....had mine 5 months and have 6 nicks already.....I sometimes think people see that C& behind them and they start driving on the shoulders and with the winter weather lately...it's like a freaking "sandstorm"....the Hwy dept put that's stuff down so thick it looks like the Sahara when the snow is gone
Thanks astroppa1. I feel your pain. NJ roads are horrible, and with all the snow and salt, the roads took a beating. Was out cruising the other day (our first day in the 50s in what seems like years), and all the road debris sticking to the tires sounded like a hailstorm in the car. Some idiot thought it would be a good story to pass a C7, and in the process, threw pieces of debris all over my front end and windshield. Needless to say, I'll park it until a few good rainstorms and time clean the roads....
Old 02-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

I'm there with ya....roads are pretty clean here unless they do a flyby and hit the shoulder.....then it sandblasts the front. I'll let ya know hwat I find out about Xpel next week- going to talk to the guy then.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
Emmdmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
I'm there with ya....roads are pretty clean here unless they do a flyby and hit the shoulder.....then it sandblasts the front. I'll let ya know hwat I find out about Xpel next week- going to talk to the guy then.
Much appreciated....
Old 07-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
GeoC
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 C7 LT2 Z51 Coupe
Asptroopa1
Question do you have a front license
plate on your corvette?
GeoC
GeoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

No we are a one plate state........
Old 07-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
GeoC
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 C7 LT2 Z51 Coupe
Too bad Texas is a two plate state.
A buddy has already been stopped
for not having a front plate.
I will not put the front plate on my
new C7. Doesn't look good.
Here in Houston I have a 2010 Grand
Sport and no front plate. Have never been
stopped and city, county and state police
I know have seen this.
GeoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #9
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
I had 3M on my 5th Gen for 4 years and never had any issues with it. Decided to go with Xpel on this one. Complete front bumper cap including all of the larger grill pieces, splitter, 18" up the hood and fenders, headlights, rocker panels front to back including the entire rear section behind the wheel, "A" pillars, 6" on the front edge of the top, door edges and inside the door release. Not cheap by any means but it looks great.

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #10
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmdmd View Post
Much appreciated....
Do you know where to get this installed in NJ?
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote