The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
smajicek

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51
MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS horrible experience! Beware!!!!!!

Hello everyone, I want to share a bad experience I have had with MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS so that you can avoid similar.
On 12-1-2016 I ordered a carbon fiber diffuser from them listed at $899 to be my Christmas present from my wife. They said over the phone 2-3 weeks for delivery and will ship 12-20-16. I called on 12-20-2016 to get a status and they said it will ship 1-5-2017, on 1-10-17 I called and they said ship date is now on for 1-30-17.
Still no x-mas present, I called the manufacturer and spoke with 2 high level people and they searched for my order and found none, then they told me they have had many problems with MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS because they cannot sell that at the $899 price and have been told numerus times but MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS would not return their calls. I called MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS and asked to speak with the owner Mike Yeager and was told he was busy now so I got transferred to his voicemail and asked him to call me back. No call back, I called MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS again and was told the manufacturer canceled the PO on my order, I then asked to speak with Mike Yeager again and got transferred to his voicemail so I left another message for him to call me back that it is very important. Again, no call back, so I talked with customer service the following day to deliver a message to Mike Yeager that if he does not call me back I will post my bad experience on the corvette forums letting the whole America know how bad of an experience I have had with MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS.
2 days later I saw the price change on their site from $899 to $1,519.99.
I waited 4 days now and still no call back from him. This is not good business practices IMO. Maybe this is an isolated experience but obviously not since the manufacturer has also experienced no return phone calls.
In summary, for those that never had issues with MID AMERICA MOTORWORKS great for you but for those thinking about buying something from them be warned. For me I will not do business with them again even if they have something a little cheaper than a competitor I will only buy from their competition.
smajicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
I've purchased many items from Mid America starting in 2008. I've also stopped in Effingham on trips back to Ohio at made purchases at the store. I have never had any issues with them at all. However, if I had any issues with them I would expect them to work with me to come to a mutually agreed upon solution. Ignoring phone calls and not calling back is totally unacceptable. I would also make a personal visit the next time I was back that way.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
smajicek

Drives: 2014 C7 Z51
Update 2-16-17, I woke up this morning and decided to send an email to 5 corporate heads at MAM including Mike Yeager giving them 3 links to the 3 corvette forums where I shared my experience with MAM as I promised on the voicemail to Mike Yeager and verbally on the phone to at least 2 customer service representatives a week before I posted my dissatisfaction on 2-8-2017.
2 hours later I get a phone call from a Yeager family member wanting to tell me that this posting has been an eye opener for them and they will do everything possible to repair their broken customer service experiences with customers. I was not the only person that has had bad experiences, as you probably been reading my thread others have had similar experiences.
In this morning’s conversation, I was offered to get this carbon fiber diffuser at the original price of $899 which is what it was listed at until 2-3-2017 when it increased to $1,519.99 but because I have already ordered from WeaponX on 2-1-17 it would not be ethical for me to cancel that order even though I could because I still have not received it due to it takes 30 days from the time of order to get. Plus my front splitter and side skirts are already from WeaponX now I will have all my parts from the same vendor WeaponX, great vendor and a forum sponsor.
Honestly the apology felt genuine and it does look like my 1st amendment of free speech and voicing my experience will make a difference I hope. They made a mistake not just with me but with others but it took this post to open their eyes and realize they are on a downward spiral. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone should get a chance to learn from their mistakes. With that said they deserve a chance to fix their business model. So let’s all move forward, put the past behind us and let’s give MAM another chance in improving their customer service relations. I really hope that they will not disappoint me and others.

Last edited by smajicek; 02-16-2017 at 11:21 PM.
smajicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:22 AM   #4
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
I've been having a difficult time with Corvette Mods. Seem to be working issues out. They sent a wrong rear spoiler. The burden has been on me to make it right after many emails, calls and return authorizations. The ZO6 style spoiler was supposed to be my Christmas present. May be getting the correct item this week. Experience with Mid American has been alright so far. Smajicek, thanks for your persistence.