The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 06-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
Stingray2015

Drives: 2015
If only I had a crystal ball!

Why is Chevy doing this to me... I can't wait! I placed my deposit for the 2015 corvette at the end of April. Can I have a quick poll of how long it took from deposit date to delivery date. Please also include if you live in no man's land and/or ordered something special.

I've been told anywhere from 3 - 6 months from my deposit date. June 9th I was told I am number 13 on the dealerships wait list. I will be ordering the 1LT with the Z51 package in yellow
Stingray2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
At least your dealer told you 2015 model year would start regular production August 11 and that is only two months from today so you have knocked almost two months of waiting time off the calendar.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray2015 View Post
Why is Chevy doing this to me... I can't wait! I placed my deposit for the 2015 corvette at the end of April. Can I have a quick poll of how long it took from deposit date to delivery date. Please also include if you live in no man's land and/or ordered something special.

I've been told anywhere from 3 - 6 months from my deposit date. June 9th I was told I am number 13 on the dealerships wait list. I will be ordering the 1LT with the Z51 package in yellow
The first 4 cars I owned ('66 Chevelle SS396, '71 Olds Cutlass {new wife couldn't drive a 4 speed}, '73 Olds Cutlass, '76 Olds Cutlass) were all ordered and all arrived in 6 weeks, give or take a few days. The wait was always hard to take. After that, all my purchases have been from dealer stock. My 2011, Camaro 2SS was a dealer swap to get what I wanted with a dealer 300 miles away. The C7 I have now is from my local dealer stock and I was just lucky that it has everything that was on my "must have" list. Sure, I might have changed a few things, but I'm very happy with what I got. Given your situation and the way this allocation system seems to be now, I would recommend you do some searching throughout the country to see if a high volume dealer has something on order to your liking that will be in much sooner. Just a thought.