Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Studio 54 Camaros owners

A bit off topic I apologize (posted in off topic also).
Are any of our Camaro5 members attending the Studio 54 XM radio event on Oct 18th.?? 254 W. 54th street in Manhattan NY.
It would be great to meet up.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
I do not know of Studio 54 XM radio event.
Do you know the history of Studio 54?
FYI, hottest international dance club during late 70s mid 80s. Location, Manhattan. Started the "List", if you were not on the "List" you were not allowed to enter.
I was young, attactive, had celeberity and wealthy 'friends' , I was on the "List".
Studio 54 was a livestyle, for a selected few.
A time in history when we did not think about tomorrow nor our additicive behavior.
Darn, I had many wonderful experiences at Studio 54. None of those experiences I had at Studio 54 will I ever share on the Web.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
Tiesun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaucom21 View Post
FYI, hottest international dance club during late 70s mid 80s. Location, Manhattan. Started the "List", if you were not on the "List" you were not allowed to enter.
I was young, attactive, had celeberity and wealthy 'friends' , I was on the "List".
A time in history when we did not think about tomorrow nor our additicive behavior.
Darn, I had many wonderful experiences at Studio 54. None of those experiences I had at Studio 54 will I ever share on the Web.
Cool story bro.
Tiesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Are you in this video somewhere
Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
Quote:
You had celeberity? That sounds like a nasty disease I want to avoid. This sounds like a bad story with spelling errors galore that someone posted on urban dictionary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
Are you in this video somewhere

To the OP, I heard about it on XM the other day, but I live in Cali so I won't be attending :(

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
Phantom.5SS

OH MY GOD thats great................
Holy Christ if I see Charlie Murphy there I'm gonna have to smack him...LOL

This is nearly 30 years in the making...I was supposed to go to 54 with my best friend Mike....when we were "of age".
But mike weas killed by a drunk driver the year before....I planned on going with a couple other buddies but 54 closed when we were finally old enough to go.
Last 20+ years I would think about it off and on...how great it would have been.
Planned a nice hotel room...a limo and Halston suits to try to get notice by Beneckie and Rubell.
Then this contest came along on XM...I got thru but was disconnected,they had my info and I had talked with the guy a bit....
Monday night they called me and said I was going!!!!
I got a room at the Michealangelo, rented a Rolls Royce and got myself a new Armani.....
CANT WAIT for Tuesday.....
Old 10-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #7
Phantom.5SS

Quote:
Got the history of 54....have older friends who were able to go, but I always felt that you need to be there to experience it first hand. I feel the Oct 18th party may not be what it was in the old days but at least I can say I went... Be part of the history...heak they are useing Steves original "list" so it will be interesting to see who shows up?

Live broadcast on XM the 18th....If I make it on air I'll shout out to y'all.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
................Planned a nice hotel room...a limo and Halston suits to try to get notice by Beneckie and Rubell....

Sorry, but if you're a man and you got "recognized" by Steve Rubell....well, let's just say that probably wasn't a good thing.....
Old 10-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #9
Phantom.5SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10forty2 View Post
Sorry, but if you're a man and you got "recognized" by Steve Rubell....well, let's just say that probably wasn't a good thing.....

AGREEEEEED!

Heard a story once that Steve didnt like the shirt a fellow was wearing...so the guy said "Fine..I'll take it off"...Steve let him in...
Each night was a different mix of people, a "Tossed salad" of personna, That I think is what made 54 successful.....the Regulars/ the rich and famous/ the average Joe.....a little of everything.