The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
FAY CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM CONSTRAINT

I just got a call from my dealer informing me it could fill my order if I dropped the FAY Carbon Fiber Interior Trim due to constraint. He said the Z51 constraint is no longer an issue to my order, but FAY is. Hard call but I said I’ll wait for the FAY and get exactly what I want.

I asked him about allocation if I pass. He said that is no problem. They have several dealer locations selling C7s and they are getting replacement allocation. When Chevy lifts the FAY constraint it shall not be long before I get my C7. I am #1 on its Vert order list, all the Vert orders behind me also have FAY, and none of those guys are willing to give up the FAY.

So, looks like light at the end of the tunnel on my order. But, the Carbon Fiber Interior Trim appears to be the constraint problem of the moment. Given the recent weather, as much as I want my C7, not the best time for delivery of my new-born that I likely shall not get to drive much on summer tires in 40 and below temps unless I spend another 1G+ to get cold weather tires. The issue for me is not so much the cost but finding a run-flat cold weather tire for my Z51 that I trust as upon verbal conversations neither Chevy or my dealer are willing to make endorsements. My dealer says best to just park it for the winter. Now, that is going to be hard. Maybe take a trip WAY south just to get to drive it.

My order is a: 3LT Z51 7-Speed (not automatic) Vert w/Magnetic Selective Drive and Duel Mode Performance Exhaust in Torch Red, Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Calipers, Black Wheels, Black Top, Carbon Flash Hood Stinger, Carbon Flash Painted Rear Spoiler and ORV Mirrors, Black Molded Splash Guards, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package ($495 not $995 because it is a Vert), Personalized Plaque, Custom Sill Plates w/ Stingray Logo, Stingray Center Caps, Cargo Mat, Deluxe Floor Mats, Outdoor Cover, Indoor Cover, Front End Cover (for long trips), Battery Protection Package, License Plate Bracket (unfortunately required in my state), and other minor dealer installed options at $1,000 below MSRP.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Who is your dealer? Just curious as you're near me.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
When did you order your vette? I ordered mine end of Sep and it was built Dec 4th. I pick it up at the Museum Dec 16th. I ordered the Z51, 2LT with the FAY option.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette View Post
When did you order your vette? I ordered mine end of Sep and it was built Dec 4th. I pick it up at the Museum Dec 16th. I ordered the Z51, 2LT with the FAY option.
Ordered mine when we first could order a Vert. Kept adding to my order as options became avaialble, but my dealer said that was not an issue. What was at issue is as my Vert is so highly optioned, one constraint or another likely came up delaying my order, like the Z51 constraint and now the Carbon Fiber interior trim. You luckily probably got through a windon of opportunity of a good perfect storm where Chevy had all what you wanted when ready to build. But, who knows. All I now know is I could get my C7 with every option I ordered except the carbon fiber interior trim. Waiting is frustrating but I figure the longer I wait the more problems Chevy may have worked out before the production of my car, like some of the problems listed on this site.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
I have to say for you guys in the North you have bigger ones than I on having a car like this that you can only "sit in"until warmer climes..cheers to you !!
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown450 View Post
I have to say for you guys in the North you have bigger ones than I on having a car like this that you can only "sit in"until warmer climes..cheers to you !!
Unless it's snowing, I plan to drive mine every day.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote