The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
hot tubs anybody have one?

thinking about getting one. pros and cons for having one
Old 09-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Down for pics of any and all girls occupying said hot tub
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
I've had one for for years and use it every day. The only times I haven't been in it is when we were on vacation or if it is lightening out, other than that haven't missed a day. Upkeep is really not hard at all.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
I've had one for a little over 10 years. The first year we used it almost every day. Now it's mostly in the winter.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Want one!
Old 09-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Hot Tubs are not cheap $5000 for a good one. A high percentage use them for the first year and then they sit. I've talked myself out of getting one several times. I will probably wait until I retire and know I will use it more.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
http://youtu.be/hL0auWtMhcU

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #8
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
I have one, use it about 4 times a week. I would say go for it. As someone who has had both in ground and above ground go for the above ground one. It's also all about placement. You want to make it a place people will want to hangout for a while. We even put some LED's around to it add to the atmosphere. The only downside is keeping up with the chemicals (twice a week is fine) and paying to heat the thing. When buying just assume you are going to keep it hot for 6 months straight. Yes I know there are modes and ways to conserve but count on keeping it hot, you wont use it unless it's hot. Also stock up on good beer. No matter how bad your day is it's not that bad ending with a beer in the hot tub. Go for it man!
Old 09-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #9
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I just purchased one and it will be here in 2 weeks. I can't wait to watch football in the hot tub..
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
pros = chicks
cons = maintenance
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
scott's45
Scott's45

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
I have one, got it years ago and used it quite often. Until I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, and found out it's pretty dangerous for me. This was years ago, and I know that electricity prices have risen quite a lot, but, back then, it was VERY expensive to run. Mine is a Thermospa and wasn't cheap either, $8,000.
2012 2SS 45th Anniversary, Hurst short throw shifter, Stainless Power LT headers, high flow cats, SW Retro Chambered 3" cat back, CAI, Heritage grill, tinted windows, red/silver hash stripes, AAC LED sidemarkers, blacked out turn signals/tail lights, splash guards. 402RWHP

scott's45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Your heating costs all depend on where you live. Of course keeping your tub hot in Alaska is much more expensive than say southern Florida but it all depends on the quality of your tub. The better the tub, the better the insulation. Our winter weather is not extreme cold here but it is below 20 some and I keep my tub at 101 year round and yes it costs more in the winter but it really is not that bad.
Maintenance is really not that difficult either. Join a hot tub forum and you will see many posts on chemicals, upkeep etc. From which to use, Bromine or chlorine, how much, how often and many more. Plenty of answers if you have them regaurding chemicals and how to maintain your tubs and also good place to go for advice on which tubs to look for so you don't get ripped off or buy a not good quality one.
I have found the liquid bleach method to work the best for me and it is cheaper in the long run with being able to use Chlorox bleach and 20 mule team borax. Link is here.
So yeah I have owned mine for 4 years and do not regret one minute that I bought it and unlike the 1 year and no longer use it. Mine is used pretty much daily.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Hot tubs are great, require maintenance though. Had one at my parents house back in the 70's/80's.

Currently, I'm out in Maui on vacation with my girlfriend. We're renting a house out here with the most incredible hot tub I've ever been in. It has a waterfalls that fall into both the pool and hot tub. It also has a great view from both of the ocean and Molokai.

Didn't want to wake up the GF with the waterfalls as they are loud…here's pictures without them running.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 09-29-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would not recommend buying a used one. I did a couple years ago. Being in Kansas, the guy told me it had a crack in a pipe. Long story short, I replaced every single hard line in that thing. But after that, it was great.