The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Sirius XM

I have the LT3 package and everything I read said you get 1 year of Sirius for free. Today I got an email from Sirius that I only have 3 months. Anyone else have this? When I called, I was told you have to talk to your dealer. I emailed them tonight.
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
RetiredTHPLT

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray, 2013 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Levine View Post
I have the LT3 package and everything I read said you get 1 year of Sirius for free. Today I got an email from Sirius that I only have 3 months. Anyone else have this? When I called, I was told you have to talk to your dealer. I emailed them tonight.
It is on your window sticker, "additional 9 months XM radio". I would call XM back and read it to them. It could be an honest mistake or someone trying to get a premium out of you. I'm sure the dealer activated the XM when you took delivery and your vin should let XM know it is for a year. The dealer should be able to resolve this, good luck.
RetiredTHPLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
prepare to be on hold a very long time.... and whatever you do... never ever give them your cc number!

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #4
Jay_Levine

I was on hold for a very long time. I did not give them my CC, but I have other XM accounts and 2 $1 charges ended up on my cc.. strange
Old 02-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
Quote:
I am at a BMW/MINI dealership. Both brands come with a one year free subscription to Sirius. We constantly run into this problem. When the customer goes to register and activate his subscription the reps in Bangladesh or the Phillipines say it is only 3 months. I tell them to insist it is a one year subscription, get a supervisor, and usually they correct it. If not, we as dealers have a phone number to call to resolve any of these issues. If you can't resolve it, ask your selling dealer if they can intervene. That usally takes care of the problem. --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
DucMan

Drives: Civic
XM Sirius has bad customer service, I would insist that the dealer handles it or I wouldn't even bother.
I had the service for a while and finally gave up and let the subscription lapse because the phone support was so bad.

02/22/2014 Placed Order at Dealer
02/28/2014 1100
02/28/2014 1102
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
Jay_Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
I am at a BMW/MINI dealership. Both brands come with a one year free subscription to Sirius. We constantly run into this problem. When the customer goes to register and activate his subscription the reps in Bangladesh or the Phillipines say it is only 3 months. I tell them to insist it is a one year subscription, get a supervisor, and usually they correct it. If not, we as dealers have a phone number to call to resolve any of these issues. If you can't resolve it, ask your selling dealer if they can intervene. That usally takes care of the problem. --Bob
I did speak to a supervisor. THey told me they were giving me 1 year, but it had to go to headquarters and I would get a call in a week to 10 days.. we will see....
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
RetiredTHPLT

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray, 2013 Lexus
Quote:
I did speak to a supervisor. THey told me they were giving me 1 year, but it had to go to headquarters and I would get a call in a week to 10 days.. we will see....
Friend, they aren't giving you anything! You paid for this when you bought the car. All 3Lt Vettes get XM for 1 yr. Not sure about 1 or 2 LT trims. I had a 13 Grand Sport with 3LT trim, and the XM was for a year. It should be an instant fix in their system and not take 10 days...Contact your dealer and if he or she can't help, contact Chevy Cust Svc. XM will jerk you around.
RetiredTHPLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #9
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
I did not have a good experience with my C6 when the free XM service was for 3months. Started getting "nag" calls after two weeks of ownership. They needed my credit card in order to "set up" my account. I did not give it and dropped XM after the 3 months was over. Far too many drop outs on clear roads with no obstructions and too much money.
From what I've read, Sirius has taken over and the service has not gotten any better. My Stingray is due with a month so it will be interesting to see how they try to pressure me into a longer contact once the free period is over. I'm betting they'll be nagging me within a week or two of putting the car on the road. I'll update this post in the future.
C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #10
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Indeed you did pay for a full 12 months as part of the 2LT and 3LT trim packages. Keep nagging them until you get it. My service didn't start until I myself set it up and there was no question or problem with it.

I have now had my car and the SXM radio for 4 months. No annoying calls, no credit card charges, no reception problems anywhere (except under bank and gas station canopies, but that's to be expected). This is the first I've had satellite radio and so far the experience has been completely positive.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #11
Jay_Levine

Here is the update. I was told that at the end of the 3 months, I will automatically get an additional 12 months. I will believe it when I see it.. April 15 is the day.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #12
Jeff7

Drives: C7 2LT
You may have a shorter wait time by using one of the numbers posted here:

http://gethuman.com/contact/Sirius-XM-Radio/

The "Gethuman" website is a great resource for finding customer support numbers for a variety of companies. No guarantee, but its worth a try.
Jeff7 is offline   Reply With Quote