Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #1
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Display

Quick question:

Who has the Enhanced Display in their car? Trying to see if it's worth the nearly $500....
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #2
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
By enhanced display, do you mean the 8" screen or the RS gauge cluster?

The 8" screen IMHO is totally worth it. It was included on my car so I am not sure I would want to spend the money, but if you have the money, definitely worth it. Makes the interior look better and has a better interface.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Quick question:

Who has the Enhanced Display in their car? Trying to see if it's worth the nearly $500....
Are you getting a new car or trying to upgrade your current car? I don't think I've seen anyone try to upgrade their radio in a 6th gen. I know it's difficult if not impossible in the ATS to go from the base radio to CUE, and extremely cost prohibitive to go from the old 13-15 CUE to the newer 16-18 CUE. In the ATS it requires more than the head unit, you also need the appropriate modules. If you're referring to the gauge cluster display, that should be easier, but will be by no means easy either. I know a couple ATS guys have swapped to the full LCD screen gauge displays, but it wasn't easy or cheap either.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Are you getting a new car or trying to upgrade your current car? I don't think I've seen anyone try to upgrade their radio in a 6th gen. I know it's difficult if not impossible in the ATS to go from the base radio to CUE, and extremely cost prohibitive to go from the old 13-15 CUE to the newer 16-18 CUE. In the ATS it requires more than the head unit, you also need the appropriate modules. If you're referring to the gauge cluster display, that should be easier, but will be by no means easy either. I know a couple ATS guys have swapped to the full LCD screen gauge displays, but it wasn't easy or cheap either.
Yeah I was just talking about the upgrade being worth it in my opinion. I have no idea the difficulty or extra components required to make the switch. I assume because they are in the same housing area, the switch would just be a removal of the whole screen unit (screen and plastic) and plugging the new one in. I would also assume that the upgraded screen would come with all necessary components to plug and play (roughly).

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...nd-gauges-scat

This is the setup I'm talking about part number "84055874" I'm planning to talk to my local dealership to see what all is needed besides the unit and a flash naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Yeah I was just talking about the upgrade being worth it in my opinion. I have no idea the difficulty or extra components required to make the switch. I assume because they are in the same housing area, the switch would just be a removal of the whole screen unit (screen and plastic) and plugging the new one in. I would also assume that the upgraded screen would come with all necessary components to plug and play (roughly).
I think I've only seen 1 picture of the enhanced display. But there are 2 different versions(SS and LT) so I'm not 100% what the difference is.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...nd-gauges-scat

This is the setup I'm talking about part number "84055874" I'm planning to talk to my local dealership to see what all is needed besides the unit and a flash naturally.

I think I've only seen 1 picture of the enhanced display. But there are 2 different versions(SS and LT) so I'm not 100% what the difference is.
I think you'll be the first doing this swap. Have you tried looking for a junkyard part? I don't think it will be plug & play.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #7
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
I think you'll be the first doing this swap. Have you tried looking for a junkyard part? I don't think it will be plug & play.
Non of the junkyards here have a LT...mostly SS's that are royally F***ed up
Old 10-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #8
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Non of the junkyards here have a LT...mostly SS's that are royally F***ed up
Try any of the online junkyards? LKQ? car-parts.com?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #9
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Try any of the online junkyards? LKQ? car-parts.com?
All I've been seeing is the baseline 7' and 8' ...no luck on enhanced lol
Old 01-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #10
IanCC

Drives: Summit White V6 M6 NPP
Instrument Cluster?

DarkFangz.

Are you talking about the digital instrument cluster behind the steering wheel? I too have a 1Lt and would love to replace the base cluster with the 2LT upgraded cluster. Have you learned anymore about what it takes to swap this out?
IanCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #11
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCC View Post
DarkFangz.

Are you talking about the digital instrument cluster behind the steering wheel? I too have a 1Lt and would love to replace the base cluster with the 2LT upgraded cluster. Have you learned anymore about what it takes to swap this out?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...hlight=Cluster

This will help you out bud and yes I was talking about the instrument cluster.