The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #127
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Long time troller but finaly decided to register.

My story is I live in Phx, AZ, finishing up my first degree, house, no kids, dual income and have never owned a muscle car. Loved the old cudas,camaros,stangs ect.. just plain old raw HP and have always wanted to rebuild a corvette from the frame up. Well I'm saving that project for retirement since the advent of the new "retro" style cars being released. After looking hard at the mustangs, coworker baught a v6 one, and seeing the challenger turning into a collectors item out of the factory Ive decided the combination of style and power of the camaro are for me. The long wait for production fits in well as it will allow me to pay off my truck and get a down payment together.

Cheers
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #128
Thaxton Ward

Drives: Expedition
Welcome diarmadhi!!!

Beers...uh...I mean Cheers!
Thaxton
Thaxton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #129
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Hey guys, checking in from the bay area in Cali. Great information here and I can't wait to step up from my 4 banger auto n/a eclipse. Anyone else from cali?
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #130
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Another 4 banger owner here (Pontiac Vibe... I love it, so no bashing :p )... I can't wait to get my hands on that new Camaro... I have to give the red cars a run for their money... well at least one of them...

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:38 AM   #131
thatguy

Drives: 2000 Jet Black Z28
whats up kids>? just another f-body guy, im from texas, ive got a 2000 jet black Z28, stock for now, but have cam and springs under my bed, underdrive pully in the mail, and exhaust waiting to be ordered, so thought id say hi....HI!!

mine...

Abilene F-Body
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #132
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
whats up kids>? just another f-body guy, im from texas, ive got a 2000 jet black Z28, stock for now, but have cam and springs under my bed, underdrive pully in the mail, and exhaust waiting to be ordered, so thought id say hi....HI!!

Welcome to the site! That is a clean looking F-body you have there - very nice!

With all of that work you have planned for it, do you intend to keep it once the 5th gen comes around?
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #133
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Welcome Diarmadhi, (dual income will get you that Camaro twice as fast!!)
Welcome Thaxton Ward, (know you've been here for a few, but welcome still!)
Welcome Bumblebee (like the sig and all. betcha you are reaaally going to love transformers!)
Welcome thatguy . (love the SS and pix of the fbodies together. I wish I could get the time to meet up w/ our club down here in SATX. But, my days off are tues/wed and they always meet up on sat/sun. Again, good pix and welcome).
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #134
thatguy

Drives: 2000 Jet Black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Welcome to the site! That is a clean looking F-body you have there - very nice!

With all of that work you have planned for it, do you intend to keep it once the 5th gen comes around?
definitley want to keep it, it should be paid by late 2009, so if ive got a better paying job or the means too, i'll definitley be looking into a 5th gen, thanks for the welcome guys!!!
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:07 AM   #135
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Welcome Diarmadhi, (dual income will get you that Camaro twice as fast!!)
Welcome Thaxton Ward, (know you've been here for a few, but welcome still!)
Welcome Bumblebee (like the sig and all. betcha you are reaaally going to love transformers!)
Welcome thatguy . (love the SS and pix of the fbodies together. I wish I could get the time to meet up w/ our club down here in SATX. But, my days off are tues/wed and they always meet up on sat/sun. Again, good pix and welcome).

Guess I need a sig to be welcomed.

I'll get one up soon.

Last edited by Mindz; 04-07-2007 at 04:07 AM. Reason: welcomes = welcomed.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #136
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Guess I need a sig to be welcomed.

I'll get one up soon.
My bad, bro. Saw ur post and was like, huh? Scrolled up and saw I passed right over you...:eek: Of course you are welcome here!!! A four banger n/a , I would imagine, would get you acceptable gas mileage. Now, double the torque and hp of that eclipse and figure you'd be getting better gas mileage.....pretty darn cool if you ask me. Again, welcome to the site and jump on in the forums!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #137
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Who knew, right?...that with more power comes better gas mileage....I love the way that one goes right over everyone's heads.(people I tell, I mean)
Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #138
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Hey guys, I've been reading for the last couple of days and finally joined. I'm 22 from chicago and have had 3 f-bodys (all pontiacs) and am currently saving for the new camaro. Looking forward to joining discussions.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 AM   #139
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Hey guys, I've been reading for the last couple of days and finally joined. I'm 22 from chicago and have had 3 f-bodys (all pontiacs) and am currently saving for the new camaro. Looking forward to joining discussions.
Great to have you here! Hope you join in on the discussion and have a great time here. Actually, I'm from Chicago...well...born in Cooke County (think that's the name of the hosp) and lived in Elk Grove for a very short period of time. Mom and Dad are from there. Grandpa lived about 10 blocks away from Midway and sold his house, oh, 8 years ago. Loved going up there to visit when we had the chance. Love the Bears and my cubbies too!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:03 AM   #140
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Welcome! Glad to see the midwest base grow even larger! I lived in Chicago for the past 3 years before recently moving to Indianapolis. I absolutely loved the city and my wife had to take me kicking and screaming.

However, I do have to say, forget the Cubs - GO SOX!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote