Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2022, 06:32 PM   #1
jesse121pm

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss 45th anniversary
Offroad Vs Non?

I am looking at Texas Speed for headers for my 2012 2ss ls3. I was wondering which ones to go for I just want straightpiped from the headers back. I was confused on what the offroad headers are and I dont want them not to fit. I also dont know if I should go with 1 7/8 inch or 2 inch. The 2 inch seem a lot more expensive. Sorry if I sound dumb I truly don't know and I am trying to learn.
jesse121pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Offroad referring to headers/cats generally means that they're not meant for the street because they may or may not be street legal depending on the state/province (emissions-related). If your state/province doesn't require your car to have cats - or you just don't care about getting a hefty fine - go for it!
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:42 PM   #3
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
racin stuff
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 08:26 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse121pm View Post
I am looking at Texas Speed for headers for my 2012 2ss ls3. I was wondering which ones to go for I just want straightpiped from the headers back. I was confused on what the offroad headers are and I dont want them not to fit. I also dont know if I should go with 1 7/8 inch or 2 inch. The 2 inch seem a lot more expensive. Sorry if I sound dumb I truly don't know and I am trying to learn.
the true meaning of parts that are labeled "for off-road use only" is to cover any liability to the company if ANY damage is caused because of your use on a street car.

Tags
exhaust, headers