Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2019, 01:10 AM   #15
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I always thought it would be nice if someone would create a list showing the names/autographs of all the popular GM signatures that we see/have on our cars.

Then we would be able to cross reference the chicken scratches some of them make to their real name.

Ever see Fbod Fathers signature???

Living in the Detroit area, many of us have quite the collection of signatures.

As already mentioned, Mike Judge 'Super 60 ' was a line supervisor at the Oshawa plant in Canada during the 5th gen years, and sometimes he would autograph the Camaro's build sheet as it came down the line on request.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #16
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I always thought it would be nice if someone would create a list showing the names/autographs of all the popular GM signatures that we see/have on our cars.

Then we would be able to cross reference the chicken scratches some of them make to their real name.

As already mentioned, Mike Judge 'Super 60 ' was a line supervisor at the Oshawa plant in Canada during the 5th gen years, and sometimes he would autograph the Camaro's build sheet as it came down the line on request.
I want mine signed by the moderators in this forum.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:37 AM   #17
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:

Mike did a signature lithograph with everyone on the Assembly line for me back in 2011. This came about by meeting a couple guys from his crew up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They returned to Oshawa, talked to Mike about our meeting, and Mike did the lithograph. He's a pretty cool dude.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #18
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Scott and Mike signed my strut towers back in 2012. Just Scott in the pic.
Attached Images

detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #19
Project SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That was Camaro Fest VI and the 1st time we went to Bowling Green

Here are pics of the event you might find your car in.

Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser (aloppen on this forum) has attended all Camaro Fests up until #9

Mike Judge (Super60 on this forum) just retired from GM works at the assembly plant in Oshawa Canada and attended Camaro Fest #1 and then returned for Fest #6 and signed your car so pretty cool there. I really like how they preserved the signatures.

I'm quite sure the owner was on this forum because during that time all the advertisements for Camaro Fest came from here.

This was Als last signature while still Chief Engineer for Camaro. Signed on the Camaro's birthday 2018

Attachment 1013690

Thanks for this information it is very helpful. I also found a couple pics of the car and I am guessing the owner with it! Pretty cool to see.

Thanks again.
B
Project SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #20
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
What's up...

Not much buddy. Trying to get my ride in for a tune etc. It doesn't like the air here.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #21
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I had my car signed by Al and several others when we went to the show in Oshawa. I had them sign my fuse box cover instead of the shock towers. If I ever sell the car I will buy a new fuse box cover and keep the one with the signatures. I know a guy that bought a used Camaro and he was pissed the writing on his shock towers. Some people don't like it which is why I had the guys sign the fuse box cover.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:13 PM   #22
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
This thread wins the internet today. Very cool.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

Good idea... I can probably decipher quite a few of them.

At least Fbod is easy to recognize after you know what it is. We had a guy come in the shop with a 2nd gen once that was signed way back. The car was on it's last leg and he had no idea what the signature was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I want mine signed by the moderators in this forum.
I was actually asked to sign a couple cars at Camaro Fest a couple years back. The GM folks had to show me how to do it properly with dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd SS View Post
Mike did a signature lithograph with everyone on the Assembly line for me back in 2011. This came about by meeting a couple guys from his crew up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They returned to Oshawa, talked to Mike about our meeting, and Mike did the lithograph. He's a pretty cool dude.
One of the coolest things ever.

He numbered them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project SS/RS View Post
Thanks for this information it is very helpful. I also found a couple pics of the car and I am guessing the owner with it! Pretty cool to see.

Thanks again.
B
You're welcome... glad you asked. It's a fun topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Not much buddy. Trying to get my ride in for a tune etc. It doesn't like the air here.
Are you jacking another thread again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I had my car signed by Al and several others when we went to the show in Oshawa. I had them sign my fuse box cover instead of the shock towers. If I ever sell the car I will buy a new fuse box cover and keep the one with the signatures. I know a guy that bought a used Camaro and he was pissed the writing on his shock towers. Some people don't like it which is why I had the guys sign the fuse box cover.
Good choice on the fuse box cover. At CFest I I did the same thing except I had a Showstoppers fuse box cover and just took it off and put it on the next car. Mike Judge gave me my VIN at CFest I so I already knew I wasn't keeping the car any longer. Still have it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
This thread wins the internet today. Very cool.

Hope you like the new Avitar.