Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-18-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
Bennieficial

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro SS
Looking to upgrade amp & front/rear speakers. Suggestions?

It's been a while with my current system, so I was looking to upgrade my aftermarket amp and front/rear speakers. I'm not an expert by any means, but I know a little bit and installed the system myself. I don't know what the hot products are these days since I last upgraded. Initially, I had the BA system and I installed the FARK kit. Below is what I currently have:

-Pioneer GM-D8604 amp
-Alpine SPR-60C front speakers

-Alpine SPR-69 rear speakers
-Pioneer AVH-4200NEX headunit

Not exactly a huge fan of how my current system sounds. I believe the amp is probably the weakest link of everything?

With the currents specs of my current system, could somebody recommend me an amp and speakers that would be an upgrade? Preferably something that won't break the bank but sounds better than what I currently have. And also, preferably I'd like an amp that is small enough to fit on the ******** amp mount kit (I currently have my amp mounted on the back of my seats and it looks tacky). I'm not planning on running subs.
Bennieficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:19 AM   #2
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
I just upgraded my factory speaker with Kicker all around. Seems to compliment my subwoofer better than what was in there. I used Kicker’s KEY amplifier. Very small and very potent for what it is. I do recommend to remove your headrest if you plan to use its automated setup though.
https://kicker.com/key-amplifiers
Old 08-20-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
You should reconsider putting a sub in your system, it makes a big difference. I have a Alpine 5 channel amp for sale in the classifieds. Less power per channel then the amp you have, but a separate channel for a sub. Fits in stock amp location.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #4
Bennieficial

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG454 View Post
You should reconsider putting a sub in your system, it makes a big difference. I have a Alpine 5 channel amp for sale in the classifieds. Less power per channel then the amp you have, but a separate channel for a sub. Fits in stock amp location.
I’ll inbox you
Bennieficial is offline   Reply With Quote