The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 06-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
cnock

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT Stingray Black
Those with kooks 2in headers, no cat midpipe

Wanting to order the 2in kooks headers and catless midpipe. For those with it Wondering if it will throw a cel which im guessing it will and wondering if this will rob any power from my car as im weary of getting a tune that will void my factory warranty. Yes i know the headers and mid pipe will void it also but i can take tose off easily if need be where is i cant hide a ecu tune from GM once they start looking at my ecu maps.
cnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
What would be the point of this?
You have a new high performance sports car that is smoking fast, your exhaust change will net you little to nothing in the way of performance and quite likely will cause other un foreseen problems when the PCM senses a fault as it controls so many functions of the engine. My advice: leave the car as it was designed and just enjoy it and your factory warranty.

GM is a multi billion dollar company and has some of the best engineers in the world, they've spent millions of hours designing and testing all aspects of the C7
but if you think you know better than them go right ahead and do your thing.
regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
cnock

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT Stingray Black
The point would be the 35whp gain and the amazing exhaust note that comes with it. It might be because im young,28yrs old, but i bought the car to modify as it much as i could and drive the hell out of it not putz around stock.
cnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by regguy1 View Post
What would be the point of this?

GM is a multi billion dollar company and has some of the best engineers in the world, they've spent millions of hours designing and testing all aspects of the C7
but if you think you know better than them go right ahead and do your thing.
Wow.. In my limited understanding GM is limited by many factors that keep them from producing a much faster, much more high performance car. This is obvious after reading this forum, where so many people build mind-blowing cars out of already great performing platforms. Off the top of my head these factors would include keeping cost down to stay competitive in the market, and EPA regulations.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote