Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
yella terra

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS L99
Tune recommendation

I am wanting to get a tune and I am between Lethal Racing and Futural Motorsports. Who do you recommend or any other shops in Louisiana. I have 3.70 gears, VMax ported throttle body, magnaflow catback, kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats and a CAI intake. Who would be better for my combo to get the most power out of my add ons. This is for a L99.
yella terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #2
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
I know that Lethal Racing is a sponsor of this forum and have many satisfied customers. I am not familiar with Futural Motorsports, so I would recommend supporting a sponsor in this case.
2013 Black 2SS Camaro - NPP Exhaust - Rotofab Cold Air Intake - SWorks Stainless Power Long Tube Headers 1 7/8" - CNC Ported Throttle Body - Showstopper Sidemarkers Ghosted Black - Sequential Tail Lights - RX Catch Can - Hill Start Assist Disabled- 35% Tint - Heritage Grille - BTR Stage 4 Cam - 3.91 Gears
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Both are well respected shops and will take good care of you.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:49 AM   #4
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Pick someone based on their local reputation, tuning abilities, and not sponsor status. Take your time and ask around at local clubs and events.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
yella terra

Yea I have heard good things from both Lethal Racing and Futural. I actually only live a 1/2 hour from Futural and about 2 hours from Lethal Racing so I was kinda leaning towards Futural. However I heard a lot more about Lethal Racing tuning 5th gen Camaros then Futural and doing an awesome job so I think I will end up going with Lethal. By the way StreetSS nice Camaro that is excatly what my camaro looks like.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
StreetSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yella terra View Post
Yea I have heard good things from both Lethal Racing and Futural. I actually only live a 1/2 hour from Futural and about 2 hours from Lethal Racing so I was kinda leaning towards Futural. However I heard a lot more about Lethal Racing tuning 5th gen Camaros then Futural and doing an awesome job so I think I will end up going with Lethal. By the way StreetSS nice Camaro that is excatly what my camaro looks like.
Thanks! I have found that closer is usually better, because if adjustments or additional mods are desired, you don't need to drive far to get issues corrected, mods added, or retuned. However, ultimately choose the best tuner. It kind of sucks to experience poor idle quality, see a high AFR reading on your gauge, etc and be a few hundred miles away from your tuner. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
Frost

Drives: GM anything
I don't know Lethal, but Allan over at Futral has been doing this for a long time and has had many noteworthy builds over the years. He has consistently put out good work. If I were a half-hr away, I wouldn't drive past his shop to get a car to someone else.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
StreetSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
I don't know Lethal, but Allan over at Futral has been doing this for a long time and has had many noteworthy builds over the years. He has consistently put out good work. If I were a half-hr away, I wouldn't drive past his shop to get a car to someone else.
I'd trust this advice. Steve, thanks for the great work you did on my car!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #9
yella terra

Yea that is why I was so between going to Lethal 2 hours away or Futral just a 1/2 hour away. I just haven't heard from many people about Futral. However like StreetSS and Frost have said it looks like I am going to go with Futral since it is closer and I plan on getting a cam and heads in the future. This would be best since they are closer to keep modifying my tune for added mods. I want to thank everyone on their input.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #10
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Good choice. Your lucky to be a 1/2hr from a good shop. Futral has been around for a long time.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #11
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Futural Motorsports FTW!!!!!!!!! The better shop if you ask me
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote