Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Crayzme

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Smile 2012 Defective Vert

Hello All -

I thought I would share a little info on my vert issues. I recently bought a 2012 2SS/RS Vert used with 7,800mi . Immediately after purchasing I noticed that there was an issue with the seal when putting the top up. I got on the forums and found many of you have the exact same issues. Your pictures showed the same issues as mine. I read all your horror stories and braced myself for the nightmare I was about to face in dealing with this. I took my car to a Chevy dealer in Coconut Creek and they were very unresponsive. They didnt want to hear anything I had to say and were going to just replace the gasket. I tried to offer information and I even reached out the to the resident Chevy Rep on here. The dealer did not care to get any info from me and said they were not interested in speaking to the rep. So I decided to go to another dealer that I didn't realize was here real close to me and was a sister dealer to the location I purchased my car from. I brought my car to Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet and met with Service Manager David Harris, Service Advisor JJ Varela, and Dencil(spelling?) Service Technician. Dencil looked at the vehicle, was interested in the information I was able to provide, looked over the top and stated that he was pretty sure the top was going to need replacing before he even got into it!!! This service department is excellent. JJ has even called me to give me updates on my car's status. Today he called to confirm with me that the entire top and mechanism is indeed being replaced and has been ordered from the factory, and should arrive in one or two days. They even provided me with a rental immediately when i dropped the car off. Dealers don't always get recognition for good customer service so I wanted to put this out there. Also a big thank you to William from Chevorlet Customer Service for his help! All in all this turned out to be hassle free with the exception to the first dealer's service department.
Crayzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
very cool. Please take a pic of your service invoice so we can all see the part numbers included with your fix.

Last edited by intensifi; 11-09-2014 at 10:26 AM.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
William is top notch, he assisted me with my top also....
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayzme View Post
Hello All -

I thought I would share a little info on my vert issues. I recently bought a 2012 2SS/RS Vert used with 7,800mi . Immediately after purchasing I noticed that there was an issue with the seal when putting the top up. I got on the forums and found many of you have the exact same issues. Your pictures showed the same issues as mine. I read all your horror stories and braced myself for the nightmare I was about to face in dealing with this. I took my car to a Chevy dealer in Coconut Creek and they were very unresponsive. They didnt want to hear anything I had to say and were going to just replace the gasket. I tried to offer information and I even reached out the to the resident Chevy Rep on here. The dealer did not care to get any info from me and said they were not interested in speaking to the rep. So I decided to go to another dealer that I didn't realize was here real close to me and was a sister dealer to the location I purchased my car from. I brought my car to Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet and met with Service Manager David Harris, Service Advisor JJ Varela, and Dencil(spelling?) Service Technician. Dencil looked at the vehicle, was interested in the information I was able to provide, looked over the top and stated that he was pretty sure the top was going to need replacing before he even got into it!!! This service department is excellent. JJ has even called me to give me updates on my car's status. Today he called to confirm with me that the entire top and mechanism is indeed being replaced and has been ordered from the factory, and should arrive in one or two days. They even provided me with a rental immediately when i dropped the car off. Dealers don't always get recognition for good customer service so I wanted to put this out there. Also a big thank you to William from Chevorlet Customer Service for his help! All in all this turned out to be hassle free with the exception to the first dealer's service department.
Crayzme,

It's absolutely awesome to hear about your positive experience at Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet. It's also great to hear that they will be replacing the entire top and mechanism while providing an instant rental for you at drop off. Please let us know how everything turns out. I'm happy that my assistance played a role in this outcome so far for you .

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Crayzme,

It's absolutely awesome to hear about your positive experience at Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet. It's also great to hear that they will be replacing the entire top and mechanism while providing an instant rental for you at drop off. Please let us know how everything turns out. I'm happy that my assistance played a role in this outcome so far for you .

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Yeh, it is Great to hear that. Too bad he had to go to a 2nd Dealership to get that kind of service. that makes 50% good service, and 50% crappy service. Vegas odds are better than that. They should ALL be accommodating and not treat you like some kind of novice.... especially when you do your research.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #6
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayzme View Post
Hello All -

If you purchased your vert as a GM Certified Pre-Owned (CPO), the top would automatically be covered as would a rental while it's in the shop under warranty repair.

Don't be discouraged by top issue(s). Hopefully everything will be remedied to your utmost satisfaction and you'll be able to enjoy an awesome convertible.

Welcome to the "'vert life" where driving a 5th Gen 'vert is not just driving a car but a life-style.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #7
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Crayzme,

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Good for the second dealer but what about the first dealer. Any inquires by you why he wouldn't fix the ops Camaro?
Old 11-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
Crayzme

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
very cool. Please take a pic of your service invoice so we can all see the part numbers included with your fix.
I am hoping to pic up the car today, when I do I will definitely post the info.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #9
Crayzme

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
Yeh, it is Great to hear that. Too bad he had to go to a 2nd Dealership to get that kind of service. that makes 50% good service, and 50% crappy service. Vegas odds are better than that. They should ALL be accommodating and not treat you like some kind of novice.... especially when you do your research.

It is unfortunate. I have even called and left the svc manager at dealer 1 a message and they have yet to call me back. They are not interested in their customers I guess.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
Sbeer69

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
2012 SS top issue-for the 2nd time

I'm going through a bent 5th bow for the 2nd time this year. (5th bow replaced in May of '14) I asked for a replacement of the mechanism and top with the latest version and was turned down. I am hoping for a better result this time. The folks at Jeff Belzer Chev in Lakeville, MN have been helpful and polite, but didn't believe the car would qualifiy for what I asked for in May. Tough to swallow on a car that has 12,000 miles on it and spends most of it's time under a car cover while it snows up here.
Any helpful tips to help sway the GM folks would be appreciated. I love the car and want this fixed permanently.
Attached Images

Sbeer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #11
walters477

Drives: white 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbeer69 View Post
I'm going through a bent 5th bow for the 2nd time this year. (5th bow replaced in May of '14) I asked for a replacement of the mechanism and top with the latest version and was turned down. I am hoping for a better result this time. The folks at Jeff Belzer Chev in Lakeville, MN have been helpful and polite, but didn't believe the car would qualifiy for what I asked for in May. Tough to swallow on a car that has 12,000 miles on it and spends most of it's time under a car cover while it snows up here.
Any helpful tips to help sway the GM folks would be appreciated. I love the car and want this fixed permanently.
I had mine done at clements chev in rochester. They had to replace the fifth bow twice. Second time they replaced the water management bag and the fifth bow and made some adjustments and it turned out perfect. Joel Lutz is the service advisor that I use and the techs name is Joe.
walters477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #12
Crayzme

Crayzme

Crayzme is on a distinguished road
Well I picked up the car and it still has the same issues and now a new issue on the passenger side that it didn't have with the old top. No one can look at it until Thursday... Will see what happens. I will also post the repair order as requested later on when I figure out how to add pictures.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:33 AM   #13
Sbeer69

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by walters477 View Post
I had mine done at clements chev in rochester. They had to replace the fifth bow twice. Second time they replaced the water management bag and the fifth bow and made some adjustments and it turned out perfect. Joel Lutz is the service advisor that I use and the techs name is Joe.
Thanks for the info. I will contact them today.
Sbeer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #14
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbeer69 View Post
I bought my car new in Oct 2011, had the "old" design roof. It had all the same problems many have had with this design; rubbing, wind noise, 5th bow broke, visible wear marks, almost a hole but not all the way thru the fabric at the time the 5th bow broke. Chevy fixed the bow but would not replace the entire roof until a hole finally appeared at the wear mark at 35,500 miles. Luck was on my side when that wear turned into a hole! I found out my extended warranty doesn't cover the top, dealer told me it is considered "trim", imagine that! The dealer was approved to replace the entire top with a updated new design top, new water management bag with more drains than the old design. They did an awesome job replacing it, no more rub marks, none, top is tight and looks a 100% better being tight. It closes so that I pull on the handle the last 1/2 inch of being closed and it latches like a dream. Nightmare over! Now it has the new top and damn it's good too. It just takes a hole to wear through until the original top was deemed pointless to keep fixing. Now it has a top that matches the great quality of the rest of the car.
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote