Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking Arrrgh! My First Issue with Lil'Blue!!!!!!!

I was getting into my car at the end of the day and was letting her warm up and something on the dash caught my eye! Yep my dash board is bubbling up! the area underneath my center vents and above the radio is bubbling up, it looks like the outer Pleather skin is coming unglued. I immediately took note of my odometer that is showing 35250 miles!!!!! luckily I work right next door to a chevy dealership that has the best service record in the area, so I popped over there and they were still open, I pointed out the mileage first and the service guy took not of it and made a service ticket out for it to be worked on on Thursday, Im gonna have him check out my heater fan blower noise while he is at it.
after 16 months of owning this car all I have is some bubbling up on the dash! NOT BAD! I am so impressed with the build quality of this car, so far it is one of the best built cars I have ever had! Im just glad I got it in to be fixed before the warranty ran out lol.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I think that's an issue with the 2012's, a lot of people have reported it here. Mine's also doing it, but I haven't got around to getting it fixed yet. of course I only have 7500 miles on mine so plenty of time
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I think that's an issue with the 2012's, a lot of people have reported it here. Mine's also doing it, but I haven't got around to getting it fixed yet. of course I only have 7500 miles on mine so plenty of time
Yes there was a lot of issues with the dash bubbling up last year on the 2012's. Luckily mine hasn't yet!
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
Is this from sunlight on the dash. I will make a better effort to always use my Sun shield at work if so.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
I don't know what they'll do about it, it seems silly to replace the whole part, all of these cars do this and it's really not a warranty issue because it's just aesthetic/ wear & tear. it's not really even aesthetic because it's completely unnoticeable. mine does it since the car was brand new and I don't even notice unless I push on it. even if you get a replacement it's just going to do it again. I would just live with it, I would not give my car to someone I don't know over something so trivial that's not even noticable. also I don't know what the noise is with your heater fan, but every fan in every car I've been in makes some noise.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Just get one of these things for the future and your problem is over.

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Just get one of these things for the future and your problem is over.

As I understand it, It's a glue problem. Not a sun problem.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Still helps keep your car cool aswell. Especially during the summer time.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
Fiveg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
After 16 months of owning this car all I have is some bubbling up on the dash! NOT BAD! I am so impressed with the build quality of this car...
The dash coming apart after a year and a half hardly says high quality craftsmanship.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Fiveg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Still helps keep your car cool aswell. Especially during the summer time.
Do you use it on your Camaro?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
The dash coming apart after a year and a half hardly says high quality craftsmanship.
well actually it is just some bubbling and it is in an area where I can understand why/how it may be coming up. I had an 04 Monte Carlo that had the whole upper dash board bow up and it looked like crap. That car was nothing but issues, unlike my Avalanche or my Camaro. even if they cannot fix it, I could live with it, it really doesn't bother me, I would rather live with that then live with the issues of the earlier 2010 Camaros that had issues of the dash cracking around the area where the air bags are located. Of any Chevy I have ever had, the Camaro is really nicely built compared to the others. It might not be the best built to you but then again what is? all cars have their issues no matter what they cost, the less issues usually will be in a car that cost more than a median sized home.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
As I understand it, It's a glue problem. Not a sun problem.
I concur with that
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #13
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
I don't know what they'll do about it, it seems silly to replace the whole part, all of these cars do this and it's really not a warranty issue because it's just aesthetic/ wear & tear.

So......what you are telling me is they will charge to fix this issue instead of it being covered under waranty?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
A camaro has a problem involving the dashboard?

It was designed that way, as a throwback to every other generation. They're gonna stick to their heritage dammit.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote