Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2015, 06:09 PM   #29
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
You should be grateful the person didn't just drive away. Looks like to me no matter the situation you would of called him a DB. Plus using things like "what if's" doesn't mean you're right.

I am sure the guy is grateful you only called him a DB.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:14 PM   #30
SeaWolfLestat

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
You should be grateful the person didn't just drive away. Looks like to me no matter the situation you would of called him a DB. Plus using things like "what if's" doesn't mean you're right.

I am sure the guy is grateful you only called him a DB.
You are correct: No matter what the situation I would call him a D-bag.

I wish he had left. With all the surveillance cameras it woulda been easy to identify him, and then I could have had him prosecuted for leaving the scene.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:20 PM   #31
ba2ss

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
I hope its fixed right the first time, these days that's not very common. Good luck and thank you for your service to our country.
ba2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:22 PM   #32
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
First and foremost FIND YOUR OWN SHOP, do not use "their" shop. You will be enticed by things like "lifetime warranty" on repairs etc do not fall for it. Insurance preferred shops source used parts etc. to save the companies $$$$$$$$$$. Find your own shop and monitor it closely, don't ask me ^^^^^^ how i know ^^^^^^
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:43 PM   #33
SeaWolfLestat

Thanks to everyone who has given me constructive and helpful suggestions...please keep it coming.

This is why I am so addicted to Camaro5.com.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:55 PM   #34
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolfLestat View Post
You are correct: No matter what the situation I would call him a D-bag.

I wish he had left. With all the surveillance cameras it woulda been easy to identify him, and then I could have had him prosecuted for leaving the scene.
Sounds like DB squared to me!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #35
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
As it turns out, the other guy and I have the same insurance company.
I am putting in a claim on his insurance not mine.
They want me to use one of their approved shops to give me an estimate.
Am I stupid for using one of their approved shops?

No harm in getting a estimate from one of their approved shops, but you have the final say on where the car gets worked on (or if it gets repaired at all)
Old 01-31-2015, 09:22 PM   #36
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
I can see how this would anger any of us. We have all made mistakes behind the wheel, some result in minor damage and some in major damage plus injury. Thank god no one was hurt. This guy has his head up his butt, needs to have driving classes, a lot of them before he gets back on the road! It’s still an awesome car, and this damage can be repaired so you won‘t be able to tell the difference. There’s shops out there that can do better then factory work, you just need to do good research to find the right one. The guy has insurance so he’s not a total DB! You wanna see DB, have a drunk with no insurance hit you like I was hit. I still suffer from the injury’s. Cars can be fixed, people cannot always fixed as good as new. Good luck!

Last edited by JRsRS12; 01-31-2015 at 09:23 PM. Reason: quote
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:47 AM   #37
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
A
Am I stupid for using one of their approved shops?
depends on who their shops are.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #38
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Same thing happened to me this time last year.

I went through his insurance, used one of their shops, and got a new bumper, headlight and crash bar. I had a rental for less than a week.

No big deal.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 AM   #39
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Same thing happened to me this time last year.

I went through his insurance, used one of their shops, and got a new bumper, headlight and crash bar. I had a rental for less than a week.

No big deal.

people forget they're just cars. unless it's a Z28, not even that special or expensive. I think a lot of people here truly don't realize anybody with decent credit, decent job, and a small down payment or trade in can walk into any Chevy dealership in the country and drive off in a camaro. not knocking, I do after all own one, but have to keep things in perspective.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #40
SeaWolfLestat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsRS12 View Post
I can see how this would anger any of us. We have all made mistakes behind the wheel, some result in minor damage and some in major damage plus injury. Thank god no one was hurt. This guy has his head up his butt, needs to have driving classes, a lot of them before he gets back on the road! It’s still an awesome car, and this damage can be repaired so you won‘t be able to tell the difference. There’s shops out there that can do better then factory work, you just need to do good research to find the right one. The guy has insurance so he’s not a total DB! You wanna see DB, have a drunk with no insurance hit you like I was hit. I still suffer from the injury’s. Cars can be fixed, people cannot always fixed as good as new. Good luck!
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to here about your troubles.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #41
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
I know how you feel. My Camaro is my baby. Last year I had the front fascia damaged in an accident.....my fault. I've been driving for 38 years. First accident ever. I could argue the facts that lead up to the accident but it was a split second of carelessness. The guy I bumped was very nice, no one hurt, and we were both insured. Was I a douche-bag? I don't believe so. Did I learn from it? Yes. Did I get my car fixed to my satisfaction? All said (from the pictures) you need a new fascia and grill which is what I needed. You can take your car wherever you want. I'd pick the best (like I did) and even then it was only about $1200.00. Synergy Green is one of the hardest to match and they did an awesome job. You'll find someone that will do the same. In the end you're okay and I'm sure he'll pay more attention next time.

Last edited by bdsdnfam; 02-01-2015 at 02:55 PM.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #42
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
OP you're lying through your teeth if you haven't made a stupid decision once or twice, or spaced and been distracted. Shit happens. If the guy was an asshole about it then sure, call him what you want, but being an asshole because someone made a mistake is just stupid.

Sure, he may have made a stupid mistake, but he didn't do it maliciously or on purpose. This sure isn't helping him anyway in his life with a claim against him.

Walk a mile.